There is no way I can ever make up for the harm I did to Christians

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If a person turns from their ways back to God, their old ways are forgotten.

Ezekiel 18:21-24
21“But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 22None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live. 23Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live? 24But when a righteous person turns away from his righteousness and does injustice and does the same abominations that the wicked person does, shall he live? None of the righteous deeds that he has done shall be remembered; for the treachery of which he is guilty and the sin he has committed, for them he shall die.

I don't know exactly how it works, but I think, in general, if you don't want to be judged at Judgment Day then you avoid judging, and if you want to forgiven, then you need to forgive. These are both things I struggle with. I ask forgiveness for my unforgiveness, and I ask for forgiveness for how I have judged others, and beg God that I not be judged by the same standard. I hope I have changed from the past, but now I'm not going through anything, so I don't really know.

Matthew 6:14-15
14For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, 15but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 7:1-2
1“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.

I didn't really forgive my mother. I talked all about how she used to hurt me anonymously all over the internet, although in person I didn't express my revenge, so she doesn't even know. I wish I hadn't gone for revenge in that respect, but it's something I have to own up to. It's important to remember that God administers justice at Judgment Day, and vengeance can only be meted out by God, not us. Sometimes I believe that it is important to get justice according to the law in extreme cases, but not revenge. I think if I had put more faith and trust in God, then I wouldn't have been talking smack about my mom online. I just had to get revenge and now I regret it, worrying about if God will forgive me since I couldn't forgive my mother until after getting revenge online.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I didn't really forgive my mother. I talked all about how she used to hurt me anonymously all over the internet, although in person I didn't express my revenge, so she doesn't even know. I wish I hadn't gone for revenge in that respect, but it's something I have to own up to. It's important to remember that God administers justice at Judgment Day, and vengeance can only be meted out by God, not us. Sometimes I believe that it is important to get justice according to the law in extreme cases, but not revenge. I think if I had put more faith and trust in God, then I wouldn't have been talking smack about my mom online. I just had to get revenge and now I regret it, worrying about if God will forgive me since I couldn't forgive my mother until after getting revenge online.

God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins if we ask Him. :)

Upvote 0