• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

There is no set time for a survivor to remain in the crisis stage

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

KayJoy

Oct 13, 2014
home is where the heart is <3
✟20,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does your wife want, though, Dave? If she is wanting to pursue healing, I would suggest you support her and uphold her the best way you know how. I wish my husband had done that for me. He has been the biggest obstacle in my healing in many ways. I don't say that out of bitterness... it's just the truth.

It's obvious that you care deeply about your wife. There's no question about that.

Pain isn't always a bad thing... take childbirth, for example. If we avoided having children because we didn't want to go through 9 months of discomfort, change, pain... and then endure more intense pain in birthing, then we wouldn't have the joy that comes after of holding a new little life in our arms.

Pain is there, regardless... locked up inside her. She needs to have the freedom to release that pain and allow God to heal ....no matter how long it takes. Just sharing my heart here.

Blessings to you, brother :)

I have been reluctant to let my wife go thru the whole counseling thing on this.
She has been thru enough pain.

Upvote 0