LovedofHim

Jan 6, 2011
Up here, over there, beyond that
✟1,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well in essence God established a veil separating heaven and earth. A veil that we can't see... So... You're sort of right. When Christ returns and the dead are resurrected, the restored, renewed heaven and earth will be married together as the New Creation, the veil will be pulled back.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense.

But heaven is big, encompasses the earth, in my speculation.

Upvote 0

gracechick

Senior Veteran
Nov 25, 2005
Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is NO rapture!!! No pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib! Nothing! The Bible does not teach a rapture of any kind!
Ermm don't you think this statement comes off as a bit prideful to the rest of the Body as we are here to discuss and learn of the scriptures. Well unless perhaps the Lord visited one night and revealed all the interpretation of the whole book of Revelation to one person:confused: Looks like is this could be another one of those threads.

Upvote 0

Andrew Ryan

I like any king that can reign with his fist
Dec 18, 2010
Rapture
✟17,136.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I totally agree with this thread. Rapture = heresy.

But I do want to make bank selling rapture helmets (patent pending):

rapture-helmet3.jpg

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
gracechick said:
Ermm don't you think this statement comes off as a bit prideful to the rest of the Body as we are here to discuss and learn of the scriptures. Well unless perhaps the Lord visited one night and revealed all the interpretation of the whole book of Revelation to one person:confused: Looks like is this could be another one of those threads.

He's bringing balance to a conversation that's been completely tipped in one direction for quite a while. IMHO. Very refreshing :)

Andrew Ryan said:
I totally agree with this thread. Rapture = heresy.

But I do want to make bank selling rapture helmets (patent pending):

LOL! Looking for a business partner? I know some potential clientele.

Upvote 0
H

Heavens

Originally Posted by dcyates
There is NO rapture!!! No pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib! Nothing! The Bible does not teach a rapture of any kind!

It isn't pride. It is simple scripture truth that dcyates is expounding. It is a plea to look at scriptures provided. He is absolutely right on actually.
There is no such thing as any of those 'futuristic' doctrines taught in the Bible. They come from Margaret McDonald out of Glasgow Scotland in the early 1800s, further diluted with the unholy scoffield reference bible.
People should believe scriptures. Not the teachers of dispensationalism. Let God reveal out of scriptures! He is faithful and just to reveal all truth to authentic seekers of truth.

Upvote 0

papaJP

Prophet
Nov 15, 2010
Kerrville, Texas
✟15,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I will agree that the word rapture in not in the Bible.
However the meaning of rapture is taught and by Jesus Himself.
To deny God's word and its meaning is to deny God Himself.

Because you have kept my word of patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. (Rev 3:10 NRS)

This describes the actions of God to protect true believers. It is the description of what rapture means.

Repent and seek a true beleive and the truth He will give you.

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Because you have kept my word of patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. (Rev 3:10 NRS)

This describes the actions of God to protect true believers. It is the description of what rapture means.

rapture actually means to seize....and it is not a pre trib or mid trib event...it is a post trib event
when the dead are raised....

but you can believe what you want tho.

as for Rev3:10, we best look at the whole letter to Philadelphia...
instead of only one verse...as per tribbers are famous for.

7And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

so, not denying His name is a prerequisite

9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

but also the members of the synagogue of Satan must worship at these' feet...

10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

and also the members of the synagogue of Satan must worship at these' feet...
and patience is important...

11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

and also the members of the synagogue of Satan must worship at these' feet...
and patience is important...
and apparently "men" can take ones crown, and these of the church are to be weary of that

12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

so, to overcome, these that get the promise of being kept from the temptation, have to;
not deny His name as a prerequisite... the members of the synagogue of Satan must worship at these' feet...
patience is important...
and apparently "men" can take ones crown, and these of the church are to be weary of that...

so, the first point above....
perhaps pre tribbers can answer how if they are removed from the planet before the temptation period,
then how do they have to choose not to deny His name.
certainly all Christians today do not deny His name
it is whether you deny His name in times of trouble and persecution that matters.

the second point above...
for those to be kept from the temptation period by leaving the planet,
they must first have a run in with those of the synagogue of Satan
how does pre trib explain this, if they are supposed to be gone before that synagogue even exists?
if pre trib is correct, then they would not be here for the synagogue of Satan to be at odds with...
so since Philadelphia is at odds with the synagogue of Satan, the rapture to Christ is not pre trib...
not until they are at least at odds with the synagogue of Satan

the third point above...
stay patient...the last day...wait...
pre trib teaches the opposite of this

we r 2 b patient till the end, stay faithful,
and you will not be even tempted by Satan's false Christ roll...
nothing he can do will tempt you if you know what is coming....if you know who he is.

and the fourth point...
men can take your crown if ya let them...
if you are supposed to be raptured out before the temptation period,
how can anyone ever take your crown?
this threat has to be possible, else the Lord would not have mentioned it...
so this threat has to come upon everyone...even pre tribbers.
this threat is present in Philadelphia, and does not make sense with pre/mid trib

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

Heavens

(Heb 1:3) Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Lit Greek = "express person" (not someone else)

(Heb 1:3) ος ων απαυγασμα της δοξης και χαρακτηρ της υποστασεως αυτου φερων τε τα παντα τω ρηματι της δυναμεως αυτου TSBδι TSBεαυτου καθαρισμον TSBποιησαμενος των αμαρτιων Aποιησαμενος TSBημων εκαθισεν εν δεξια της μεγαλωσυνης εν υψηλοις

Upvote 0

CryptoLutheran

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This is an excellent example of how not to debate. Asserting that one's interpretation is beyond reproach by appealing to guilt through inference that to disagree is to "deny God Himself" scores no one any points.

I don't deny Scripture, and I certainly don't deny God. What I deny is a theological system that has its genesis in a 19th century sectarian movement. I reject Dispensationalism for the same reason I reject Adventism and Restorationism. They are theological systems born out of a religious environment ripe with sectarianism with a distrust of historic Christianity and the idea that we can just re-make Christianity in the image of our private interpretations of what Christianity should look like.

I don't regard Dispensationalists to be enemies of God, just wrong. Wrong because the theology has no basis in Scripture or any of the historic teachings of the Christian faith. It is a an entire theology and grand hermeneutic that completely re-structures and re-invents the biblical narrative without consideration to what the Church has always taught and in order to arrive to the conclusions Dispensationalists and Neo-Dispensationalists do requires extraordinary acts of interpretive gymnastics to make biblical texts say what they want them to say to make the entire system come out right. It's an impoverished way to do theology, it's terrible scholarship, and it is first rate butchery of the biblical texts. It is a prime example that by great acts of prooftexting and redefining biblical concepts outside of their historic and literary contexts Scripture can be made to say anything.

I don't deny God, I just reject a bad theology based upon even worse hermeneutics.

Two things, one obvious one perhaps not so obvious.

First of all, it should be rather clear to us that the Christians in Philadelphia are long dead and gone. That's who Jesus through John's text is speaking to. Why should I read this as anything other than Christ's promise to the community of Christians alive in Philadelphia two thousand years ago? By what rationale does this become a universal to "true believers" everywhere? What what form of logic does one do this? There is none. The plain context is there, this portion of the text was addressed to the Christian community in Philadelphia, and any universal meaning must arise from the particular meaning.

Second of all, the passage says absolutely nothing about God rapturing or taking or seizing or removing the Christians of Philadelphia from trial or tribulation. It says He will keep them, κἀγώ σε τηρήσω, "I also will guard you..." , τηρέω connotes be watched, Christ watching over, protecting, guarding, keeping His eye on them in order to keep them safe.

No rapture, no taking them out of the world, but rather preserving, keeping, watching over them. That's what it's saying. Because of the faithfulness of the Church in Philadelphia, Christ will protect them from the hour of testing.

No need to repent, there's nothing wrong about rejecting poor theology.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The rapture is basically an oxymoron.

Wake the dead so they can miss what they would have missed.

Revelation 5:9-10 (New King James Version)

9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“ You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
10 And have made us[a] kings and priests to our God;
And we[c] shall reign on the earth.”

Many modern translations mention God purchasing random people and not “us” as it stated in 23 out of 24 manuscripts (MSS) of revelations. In fact codex alexandrinus is the ONLY MSS that contains this word “people for God” or “men for God.” For a pretrib view of the rapture all Christians will be in heaven during the tribulation. This would be in accordance with that view. NIV ESV and other newer translations try to make the angels singing all the songs here in Revelation 5, however it’s easily seen that these are the elders that have been ransomed and that will be reigning in still future reign (1000 year millennium) which is also against non pre tribulational viewpoints. Three doctorings that occur in modern translations, namely a changing of the word “Us” to “men” “people” or “them” are not founded on any manuscripts we know of accept one alexandrinus. All majority texts conclude with a pretribulational view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
H

Heavens

This is an excellent example of how not to debate. Asserting that one's interpretation is beyond reproach by appealing to guilt through inference that to disagree is to "deny God Himself" scores no one any points.

I don't deny Scripture, and I certainly don't deny God. What I deny is a theological system that has its genesis in a 19th century sectarian movement. I reject Dispensationalism for the same reason I reject Adventism and Restorationism. They are theological systems born out of a religious environment ripe with sectarianism with a distrust of historic Christianity and the idea that we can just re-make Christianity in the image of our private interpretations of what Christianity should look like.

I don't regard Dispensationalists to be enemies of God, just wrong. Wrong because the theology has no basis in Scripture or any of the historic teachings of the Christian faith. It is a an entire theology and grand hermeneutic that completely re-structures and re-invents the biblical narrative without consideration to what the Church has always taught and in order to arrive to the conclusions Dispensationalists and Neo-Dispensationalists do requires extraordinary acts of interpretive gymnastics to make biblical texts say what they want them to say to make the entire system come out right. It's an impoverished way to do theology, it's terrible scholarship, and it is first rate butchery of the biblical texts. It is a prime example that by great acts of prooftexting and redefining biblical concepts outside of their historic and literary contexts Scripture can be made to say anything.

I don't deny God, I just reject a bad theology based upon even worse hermeneutics.

First of all, it should be rather clear to us that the Christians in Philadelphia are long dead and gone. That's who Jesus through John's text is speaking to. Why should I read this as anything other than Christ's promise to the community of Christians alive in Philadelphia two thousand years ago? By what rationale does this become a universal to "true believers" everywhere? What what form of logic does one do this? There is none. The plain context is there, this portion of the text was addressed to the Christian community in Philadelphia, and any universal meaning must arise from the particular meaning.

Second of all, the passage says absolutely nothing about God rapturing or taking or seizing or removing the Christians of Philadelphia from trial or tribulation. It says He will keep them, κἀγώ σε τηρήσω, "I also will guard you..." , τηρέω connotes be watched, Christ watching over, protecting, guarding, keeping His eye on them in order to keep them safe.

No rapture, no taking them out of the world, but rather preserving, keeping, watching over them. That's what it's saying. Because of the faithfulness of the Church in Philadelphia, Christ will protect them from the hour of testing.

-CryptoLutheran

Excellent Crypt. Most dispensationalists have no idea that the rapture theory and all that futuristic stuff came out of Glasgow Scotland in the early 1800's. I was a dispensationalist at one time also. It is a hard doctrine to shake. They actually think it is scriptural, just like I did.
When I came to recognize all things fulfilled in Christ is with eyes opened by Him, I submitted myself to baptism and repentance for being so blind and teaching such a life stealing doctrine of the enemy. Thank you Jesus for deliverance!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
H

Heavens

Revelation 5:9-10 (New King James Version)

9 And they sang a new song, saying:

“ You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,
10 And have made us[a] kings and priests to our God;
And we[c] shall reign on the earth.”

This part of your post was worth reposting.
It is a great scripture summarizing who we are NOW...

He was slain for me.
I have been redeemed to God by His blood out of the tribes and peoples.
I have been made a King/priest in His Melchisedek priesthood.
In Christ I am reigning on this earth in His throne with Him.

It is real and now. Not some futuristic theories to rob me of who I AM :)
Praising you Jesus!

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

-CryptoLutheran
i'm a post tribber....am i a dispensationalist?

Upvote 0

chalkstc

Nov 12, 2006
✟8,019.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To all my “no rapture” brethren,

The problem I see with most rapturists and non rapturists alike is that they speak of “rapture” (Latin) or harpazo (Grk) as if it is an event or as if it is a noun. But it is not an event nor should it be designated as “THE” (definite article)…..rapture.

The term is a verb or an action phrase as the following texts should confirm….ie “caught up or caught away” etc………………..
It is used a multitude of times and translated with different words, but the common theme is a “forced snatching”

Read for yourself and don’t shoot the messenger…………………

NT:726

harpazo (har-pad'-zo); from a derivative of NT:138; to sieze (in various applications):

KJV - catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force).
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

harpazo (har-pad'-zo); from a derivative of NT:138; to sieze (in various applications):

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

Matt 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force .KJV

MAT 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
KJV

John
6:15
When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force , to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.
KJV

John
10:12
But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
KJV

John
10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
KJV

John
10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
KJV

Acts
8:39
And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
KJV

Acts 23:10 And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle.
KJV

2 Cor 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
KJV

2 Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
KJV

1 Thess
4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV

Jude 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
KJV

So what are we to make out of all this per 1 TH 4? That this “catching up” is only a vehicle to bring the saints from all over the globe, to a central spot in the air as Christ is descending to the Mt of Olives in Israel per Zec 14. How else to you suppose we will all be gathered or get to Israel? A 747? Nada.

Note also, that we all will be in different time zones and some on a different day via the International date line. For some it will be at midnight, some at dawn etc etc. So “no man willl know the hour or the day. But it will be in one 24 hour period, called the DOL which is the one time SC at the end of the age, on the last day of this age and at the last trump……..”immediately AFTER the trib of those days.
AMEN!

Frankie

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The problem I see with most rapturists and non rapturists alike is that they speak of “rapture” (Latin) or harpazo (Grk) as if it is an event or as if it is a noun. But it is not an event nor should it be designated as “THE” (definite article)…..rapture.

The term is a verb or an action phrase as the following texts should confirm….ie “caught up or caught away” etc………………..
It is used a multitude of times and translated with different words, but the common theme is a “forced snatching”

Matt 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force .KJV

MAT 13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
KJV

John
6:15
When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force , to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.
KJV

John
10:12
But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
KJV

John
10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
KJV

John
10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
KJV

Acts
8:39
And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
KJV

Acts 23:10 And when there arose a great dissension, the chief captain, fearing lest Paul should have been pulled in pieces of them, commanded the soldiers to go down, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle.
KJV

2 Cor 12:2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
KJV

2 Cor 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
KJV

1 Thess
4:17
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV

Jude 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
KJV

So what are we to make out of all this per 1 TH 4? That this “catching up” is only a vehicle to bring the saints from all over the globe, to a central spot in the air as Christ is descending to the Mt of Olives in Israel per Zec 14. How else to you suppose we will all be gathered or get to Israel? A 747? Nada.

Note also, that we all will be in different time zones and some on a different day via the International date line. For some it will be at midnight, some at dawn etc etc. So “no man willl know the hour or the day. But it will be in one 24 hour period, called the DOL which is the one time SC at the end of the age, on the last day of this age and at the last trump……..”immediately AFTER the trib of those days.
AMEN!

Frankie

I agree with a pre tribulation rapture myself.

Upvote 0

LovedofHim

Jan 6, 2011
Up here, over there, beyond that
✟1,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Frankie

Paul called it THE departure. It is most definitely an event.

2Th 2:1Now, brothers, concerning the coming of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, and our gathering together to him, we ask you
2Th 2:2not to be quickly shaken in your mind, nor yet be troubled, either by spirit, or by word, or by letter as from us, saying that the day of Messiah had come.
2Th 2:3Let no one deceive you in any way. For it will not be, unless the departure comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of destruction,

2Th 2:6Now you know what is restraining him, to the end that he may be revealed in his own season.
2Th 2:7For the mystery of lawlessness already works. Only there is one who restrains now, until he is taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8Then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will kill with the breath of his mouth, and bring to nothing by the brightness of his coming;

Upvote 0