Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I spent this morning battling atheist because i posted to a friend 1 cor 13 about Love. I left no words of my own only the quote so 5 atheist got together and attack me. they insult me even go so far as to suggest i am a child molester because i am in ministry. Jesus just kept showing me Bibles verse to use. then at the end Jesus showed me this Mat:5:11

11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.

So I have a great reward in heaven and am very happy, but I come on here to get a break from the world, but no no rest here there are people here who say they are christian but attack everything I try to say. They do not show love, they sin while so called preaching, they do not act like children of God at all.

Jesus said this Mat 5

43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47 If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

God also said this

1 john 4:20

20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?21 And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their fellow believers.

classicalhero

Jun 9, 2013
Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
[VERSE=James 1:2-4,KJV_APOCRYPHA][VERSENUM]2[/VERSENUM] My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; [VERSENUM]3[/VERSENUM] Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

[VERSENUM]4[/VERSENUM] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.[/VERSE]

I know it is hard since we are all human and one desire we have is to be loved, but we have to remember we are in enemy territory and we will encounter trials and tribulations for our faith, but it should bring us joy when we are attacked because we have a future waiting for us that is far greater than what is going on right now.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I was a child I thought as a child, I acted as a child and I cried and whined as a child. But when I became a man I put away childish things.
How about you don't add to God's words.
1cor 13

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I was a child I thought as a child, I acted as a child and I cried and whined as a child. But when I became a man I put away childish things.
I am a little confused as what this has to do with the topic of the thread and how it relates to what has been said.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟875,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I spent this morning battling atheist because i posted to a friend 1 cor 13 about Love. I left no words of my own only the quote so 5 atheist got together and attack me. they insult me even go so far as to suggest i am a child molester because i am in ministry. Jesus just kept showing me Bibles verse to use. then at the end Jesus showed me this Mat:5:11

11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers.12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.

So I have a great reward in heaven and am very happy, but I come on here to get a break from the world, but no no rest here there are people here who say they are christian but attack everything I try to say. They do not show love, they sin while so called preaching, they do not act like children of God at all.

Jesus said this Mat 5

43 “You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. 44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!45 In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. 46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47 If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

God also said this

20 If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see?21 And he has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their fellow believers.

Blue, I hesitate to say anything because I feel in past instances that you have considered me an enemy. I do not have any wish to be your enemy.

You have started a number of these threads talking about how the people here attack you. I think folks here simply give their take on various issues and the Scriptures, which can result in disagreement, sometimes sharp disagreement.

I truly do not believe anyone here hates you or wishes you ill. I hope everyone here prays for you and encourages you as you desire to be in the ministry and to serve Christ, and are acting on that desire. It sounds like God is working in your life.

At the same time, I think some of the older folks in this forum who have been in the ministry have been letting you know that the reality is that you will face much criticism in the church if you are in leadership. I wish it were not so, but I have never talked to a pastor who found otherwise. Part of your development for the ministry may be finding ways to work with strong personalities (we certainly have them here, but they are also in the churches) while still remaining engaged in the relationship. We all need work on that around here.

Sometimes you may have to develop a thick skin. If there is disagreement over the Scriptures, keep comparing Scripture with Scripture and try to come to some common ground. If there is just a clash of personalities or approach, then still try to maintain grace toward that person.

However, if you start speaking about people attacking you, this totally breaks down the relationship, and the conversation. Then it is you vs. them, when I do not think that is their intent at all. It is disagreement on issues.

If you become a minister you will deal with many people with very settled, and very pointed views. You have to find ways to discuss with them, sometimes correct them, sometimes accept correction , but still maintain the relationship.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just gonna leave this here for the sake of my Bretheren. May it cut you all to the heart:

"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
-Matthew 6:14-15

-The Current Lowest Servant

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
In general we should all pray and take a look at ourselves. If we are easily offended by social media or forum posts maybe the best thing to do is stay away from the cause of the perceived offenses or just shut off the computer.

Upvote 0

JustHisKid

Jun 12, 2015
✟2,859.00
Faith
Christian

Jesus said this Mat 5

God also said this

I agree. I came here to hopefully get a break from the world, but the world has bombarded this place. I think satan and his demons spend most of their time where Christians are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...5 atheist got together and attack me. they insult me even go so far as to suggest i am a child molester because i am in ministry.

...I come on here to get a break from the world, but no no rest here there are people here who say they are christian but attack everything I try to say. They do not show love....

(emphasis added by me)

The atheists attack you because they cannot damage your argument. Ad Hominem arguments are the last resort of a debater who has failed to defeat an argument on its own merits. Congrats, by the way. You won.

On the other hand, you talk about the Christians who attack everything you say, which is a far cry better than being personally attacked. Keep in mind that active debate is a consequence of actually being interested in the subject. If people care about the matter, then they will find some point on which to debate. That's a good thing. Vigorous debate is healthy, and that requires actively questioning each other's beliefs as we work through our own faith. There's nothing unloving about debating ideas. It would be far more unloving to say nothing if a brother is in error. Surely the Christians are not calling you names?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm just gonna leave this here for the sake of my Bretheren. May it cut you all to the heart:

"For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
-Matthew 6:14-15

-The Current Lowest Servant
There is forgiveness, but what about repentance?

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree. I came here to hopefully get a break from the world, but the world has bombarded this place. I think satan and his demons spend most of their time where Christians are.
That is what is sad. I think this place should reflect the Church and not the world, don't you agree?

We as Christians need to create a place where we can get a break from the world. We need this as the world becomes more and more evil. I have found a great Christian radio satiation k love, I wish I could find good Christians movies. I even thought of a new genre Christian fiction, like Movies about life in Heaven, Life after this world. with scripture put into it. Not something completely made up, but real quotes from the Bible. Real words of God put into it. Just a dream I have

Upvote 0

JustHisKid

Jun 12, 2015
✟2,859.00
Faith
Christian
That is what is sad. I think this place should reflect the Church and not the world, don't you agree?

We as Christians need to create a place where we can get a break from the world. We need this as the world becomes more and more evil. I have found a great Christian radio satiation k love, I wish I could find good Christians movies. I even thought of a new genre Christian fiction, like Movies about life in Heaven, Life after this world. with scripture put into it. Not something completely made up, but real quotes from the Bible. Real words of God put into it. Just a dream I have

It's a good dream that will probably never come to fruition in this world. Satan will be everywhere Christians are because we are his #1 target. I think we have to just look forward to heaven where it will be exactly what we want and need.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The atheists attack you because they cannot damage your argument. Ad Hominem arguments are the last resort of a debater who has failed to defeat an argument on its own merits. Congrats, by the way. You won.

On the other hand, you talk about the Christians who attack everything you say, which is a far cry better than being personally attacked. Keep in mind that active debate is a consequence of actually being interested in the subject. If people care about the matter, then they will find some point on which to debate. That's a good thing. Vigorous debate is healthy, and that requires actively questioning each other's beliefs as we work through our own faith. There's nothing unloving about debating ideas. It would be far more unloving to say nothing if a brother is in error. Surely the Christians are not calling you names?

Thank your for your post. Sadly problem that happen on this forum is people will say your wrong with out any proof, they say you said things you did not, they take things the wrong way and when you explain they say that is not what you meant so they tell you what your thinking, people will not provide scripture to back up what they say even when asked. People quote theology over God's Word. Then when you do prove your point they start name calling and insults mocking and making fun of the person. Yes these are so called Christians doing this.

My hopes in calling these things out and starting these threads is to get a discussion going that we all can work together to address issues. It's not unforgiveness, but it is about addressing a problem. I know I am not the only one who sees these problems and I know others feel the same. How are we to deal with those who disrupt the church? Did Paul not show us?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.