NZ
✟16,413.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And apparently all you have to do is call 855fortruth to get it. Saw a billboard in Malvern, Arkansas that told me so.

I was not a church attendee and knew nothing that they taught but after a spontaneous experience of God the scriptures were read that related to the experience.

God covers Himself with light as with a garment. God is an energizing Spirit.
The magnetic field, the binding force of the atom and gravity and the life in the cell they are all part of the Spirit of God. There is very little solid in the universe. It is mostly vast emptiness with some strong and weak energy around and within small points of light.
There is a foundation of a pattern laid out and then everything appears. There are spirals, concentric circles with revolutions apparent and these could have a technological implication.
The Apostle Paul relates in acts 17:28 that we live and move and have our being in God. I am able to testify that this is true.

Therefore God is close at hand and not far off as the scripture reads.
People are said to be Godless by the way they behave and talk to each other. Individuals have their own mental and physical power and use it against each other. This also indicates that there is a God because there must be something better and I know there is.

Everyone holds onto their own power to protect their self belief even when it produces difficulties.
The nature of man needs a change and Jesus developed one that is acceptable to God. When found it is realized that this is in the mind of an immortal.
Any person able to see and know this has the potential to be immortal in a future.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I could have used a myriad of examples:

Churches, holidays, hymns, bumper stickers, hospitals, etc.

But I wanted to use the fact that it is AD 2016, since that is a universal example.

Even Muslims & atheists can't argue against that.
I see. You want to keep it simple.
Don't underestimate atheists as they will even argue their brain is not intelligent designed.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
That's par for the course.
No longer universal then. Was that the last of it?
Replace evidence for God with something else, then moan and groan there's no evidence for God.
I think there is plenty of evidence for God, as there is for Bigfoot, and extraterrestrial aliens visiting Earth. But it's all terrible. ;)
Well, for the record, you can pluto it to something else, but it will forever be a testimony of God's existence.
God who?
You can, for instance, replace "gravity" with "intelligent falling" or "intelligent pushing," then claim there's no evidence of "gravity."

That would make as much sense
But in this context, you are the one trying to replace "gravity" with "intelligent falling", and bemoaning the dearth of evidence for "intelligent falling".

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But in this context, you are the one trying to replace "gravity" with "intelligent falling", and bemoaning the dearth of evidence for "intelligent falling".

Everybody knows that things fall downwards because the things which fell upwards are no longer here. (A joke made by physicists at the expense of biologists.)

Reactions: Davian
Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Or, describing contemporary usage. For as long as I can remember, where I live and work (Canada), we have always use CE/BCE, where applicable.
Does the common era exist?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, much in the way that "the north" exists.
Then what's the beef?

I don't have any qualms about Canada using BCE/CE.

It's irreligious, IMO, but if that's what Canada wants ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Then what's the beef?

I don't have any qualms about Canada using BCE/CE.
Is it then only its use within your own country that troubles you?
It's irreligious, IMO,
Of course, as yours is the only religion of note in the world.^_^
but if that's what Canada wants ...
As a pluralistic society, it would be good to discard an artifact that endorses one religion over another, or no religion.

Upvote 0

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
As a matter of practical politics, they do if they want to do business around the world, or if they want to use the internet (for example).

Im not so sure about that. In my experience they use the Islam calender pretty much exclusively.

Not that it really matters as the point, or what you can call it, that AV is trying to make is profoundly stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0