There IS evidence for God....

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
"the Church" as it calls itself, but these changes came long after the Christian Faith and the Bible were established.

Meaning the Christian faith evolved...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

And yet you wear ignorance proudly -- like a badge, one might say...

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Meaning the Christian faith evolved...
No, the faith and the Bible were established shortly after Christ.
The 'mutations' of christianity (the institutionalised religion) came some centuries later.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, the faith and the Bible were established shortly after Christ.
The 'mutations' of christianity (the institutionalised religion) came some centuries later.

Be that as it may, mutations are part of evolution... so the faith did, in fact, evolve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be that as it may, mutations are part of evolution... so the faith did, in fact, evolve.
That is not what i wrote.
You seem keen on assuming the Christian faith is not what it used to be.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That is not what i wrote.
You seem keen on assuming the Christian faith is not what it used to be.

An obvious conclusion based on observation.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An obvious conclusion based on observation.
Allright, then we have to use some definitions to be clear.
You must discern between:
- the faith and its theology and what it is based on.
- the institutionalised religion (in this case the chrurch that assumed power and the right to change things)
because these are obviously different things.
Your "observation" is "hindsight", based on what you have accepted as truth about this matter.
Your conclusion is correct i.m.o. when you look at the institutionalised religion, in this case form the 5th century AD onward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Allright, then we have to use some definitions to be clear.
You must discern between:
- the faith and its theology and what it is based on.
- the institutionalised religion (in this case the chrurch that assumed power and the right to change things)
because these are obviously different things.
Your "observation" is "hindsight", based on what you have accepted as truth about this matter.
Your conclusion is correct i.m.o. when you look at the institutionalised religion, in this case form the 5th century AD onward.

The "faith" in an abstract sense, is meaningless unless we look at the practice of that faith... so in order for the faith to be unchanged as you would claim, that would require Christians to observe and practice it free of any and all influence of centuries of institutionalized religion.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The "faith" in an abstract sense, is meaningless unless we look at the practice of that faith...
You want to imply that the religion is always the practice of the faith it is derived from / where it stemmed form.
You can establish this by comparing the faith and the Bible with the religious practices and teachings they uphold.
But you will see the difference, and it is recorded history when and by whom chanages were made, and what the changes were.
This is what i'm explaining to you now for the 3rd time, and it will be the last time.
so in order for the faith to be unchanged as you would claim, that would require Christians to observe and practice it free of any and all influence of centuries of institutionalized religion.
In this case we're discussing, yes.
In general, Thessalonians 5:21.
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
The Bible has doctrinal authority, you see.
It is inspired by God, it claims to be the truth, despite common disbelief and denial, the evidence forms a big picture that is consistent with Biblical history.

Now ask yourself why you're not eager to find out more, but rather dismiss this.
It is a normal reaction though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You want to imply that the religion is always the practice of the faith it is derived from / where it stemmed form.

I want to imply -- and in fact I'll explicitly say -- that there is a difference between what the faith is and what the faith is supposed to be, and that it would be supremely naive to suggest otherwise.

You can establish this by comparing the faith and the Bible with the religious practices and teachings they uphold.
But you will see the difference, and it is recorded history when and by whom chanages were made, and what the changes were.

Which I have never denied.

This is what i'm explaining to you now for the 3rd time, and it will be the last time.In this case we're discussing, yes.
In general, Thessalonians 5:21.
"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
The Bible has doctrinal authority, you see.

But it is not the sole source of that authority.

It is inspired by God, it claims to be the truth, despite common disbelief and denial, the evidence forms a big picture that is consistent with Biblical history.

Anything can claim to be the truth... being the truth is not so simple.

Now ask yourself why you're not eager to find out more, but rather dismiss this.
It is a normal reaction though.

You haven't told me anything I didn't already know... what's to dismiss?

I know you're trying to sound wise and profound.... better luck next time.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And apparently all you have to do is call 855fortruth to get it. Saw a billboard in Malvern, Arkansas that told me so.

For ever and always, for those who believe there is more than enough evidence for GOD. For those who refuse to believe there will never be enough evidence to prove the existence of God. Not even if jess Christ was standing next to them. 2 Corinthians chapter 5 tells says that Satan has blinded them to the truth.

The reason for eternity in heaven for those who love God the Creator and His Son Jesus Christ, is because they have trusted Christ in Faith. Those who have rejected GOD also have a place prepared for them for eternity. No one can say that they were not given the choice to step out in faith.

If you are reading this and do not believe in Jesus Christ, what would it take for you to believe?

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to imply -- and in fact I'll explicitly say -- that there is a difference between what the faith is and what the faith is supposed to be, and that it would be supremely naive to suggest otherwise.
So you use different terms than i to say the same.
Fine by me, but it's confusing to use definitions loosely or different that the earlier proposed definitions.
'Supreme naivity' has nothing to do with this.
Which I have never denied.
Good. :)
But it is not the sole source of that authority.
God is the other source, the holy Spirit, according to the theology of the faith, according to the Bible.
It's a package deal, you see.
Anything can claim to be the truth... being the truth is not so simple.
Why not?

BELIEVING it and TESTING IF it is true is not so simple.
I'll give you that.
You haven't told me anything I didn't already know... what's to dismiss?
You tell me.
:)
You didn't seem to want to discern things, you seemed to either misunderstand or disagree with me.
I know you're trying to sound wise and profound.... better luck next time.
This... You see?
Maybe you just have some troll-genes, i dunno...

Upvote 0