South-Central Indiana
✟7,621.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As a Christian, I am sometimes frustrated by the lack of good Christian fiction (as well as movies and TV programs - TBN yuck!) out there. Here's three you could give a whirl:

Good history: Constantine The Great And The Christian Revolution by GP Baker. This is a good account of the time of the greatest persecution of the church and how God called Constantine. Good history, well written.

Fantasy: Heroes Of Old by Jay Young. This is more oriented toward youth, but I enjoyed how the author brought history and current times together to create an urban fantasy. Good fun with good Christian themes.

Fantasy: In My Master's Hand by Joseph Gore is a new fantasy novel a buddy read and passed on to me. Not a children's book like the Narnia series, more like Tolkien. Uses a germanic/anglo-saxon period backdrop. Very masculine unlike a lot of Christian fiction which ends up being pretty sissy stuff.

The last two I think were self-published. A lot of good stuff is these days. You could go to Amazon and search for "Christian Fiction" or "Christian Fantasy" and see what pops up. You might find something you like.;)

Upvote 0

dunadan1963

Aug 7, 2009
South-Central Indiana
✟7,621.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ted Dekker. Amazing author.

I bought "Black" by Ted Dekker and after about 120 pages I was bored to tears by it. His writing style just isn't my thing, I guess. A lot of people like him so it's probably just a personal taste thing. I needed more action and didn't get it. :confused:

Upvote 0

Carol Eads

Dec 27, 2008
Kingman, Arizona
✟7,619.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Some good books with a history lesson are the Evidence demands a verdict books by Josh McDowell. He started off as an atheist out to prove Christianity a hoax and ended up getting saved and becoming a very influential speaker, preacher and Christian author through his own historical research. They are pretty intersting and also give his testimony.

Upvote 0