Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
I hope I don't offend evolutionist in her by starting this, but this is the "THEOLOGY" forum.

I thought I would learn a lot more in here, but I only come away worried about people's faiths more than learning. I have to look at creation in a theological way and I've actually found sites to help me how it fits in with evolution and holds firm to theological principles, and demonastrates how they hold to the Bible better than in here. I guess writings and books are always better than forum discussions that only turn into "strawman argument" rebuttals.

Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
Thanks to those who tried to help me. There were defintely a few that helped a lot regarding evolution and I thanks those. I just am not ready for a forum discussion on this. It has spurred me to look at evolution more closely and give it a chance instead of being completely closed. again thanks.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
Extirpated Wildlife said:
I hope I don't offend evolutionist in her by starting this, but this is the "THEOLOGY" forum.

I thought I would learn a lot more in here, but I only come away worried about people's faiths more than learning. I have to look at creation in a theological way and I've actually found sites to help me how it fits in with evolution and holds firm to theological principles, and demonastrates how they hold to the Bible better than in here. I guess writings and books are always better than forum discussions that only turn into "strawman argument" rebuttals.

You are quite right to look at creation in a theological way. That is the only way to look at creation. Creation is a doctrine, a theological statement about God and the purpose of creation and our place in creation.

Evolution, on the other hand, is not theology. It is science. It makes no theological statements. One cannot derive any theology from evolution. One can only consider the theological implications of evolution being valid science.

Some people think the theological implication of evolution is that the bible is false. As a theistic evolutionist I reject that conclusion. I have found no reason to back away from the Christian theology of creation because of the science of evolution.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Extirpated Wildlife said:
Yep it is. The only offense here is that you feel the need to point out the obvious as if some of us somehow missed this point. Patronization is offensive.
I thought I would learn a lot more in here, but I only come away worried about people's faiths more than learning.
Well, perhaps basing faith on false notions about the world we live in is a bad thing. I worry about peoples faith here as well. It can be crippling if they have been told that in order to be Christian, they must be YEC and then to be shown that YEC fails to explain the creation.
I have to look at creation in a theological way and I've actually found sites to help me how it fits in with evolution and holds firm to theological principles, and demonastrates how they hold to the Bible better than in here. I guess writings and books are always better than forum discussions that only turn into "strawman argument" rebuttals.

There are a lot of great reasources out there that is for sure. Part of the problem here is that people expect a difficult and extensive topic such as evolution to be explained in a few paragraphs. It can't be done. It is such a comprehensive topic (the foundation of biology) that it can take a lot of effort to understand.

Best of luck. I'm glad to see that you are not dismissing it out of hand. I hope you come to understand the science behind evolution and geology. It will give you a great understanding of the creation as it really is and not simply how you or YEC's would like it to be.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.