By His Wounds We Are Healed
Jun 5, 2009
Desert
✟17,226.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Correct theology and interpretation of scripture comes from the same source. From the Apostolic Churches who were taught by the Apostles. The Apostles themselves having been taught by Christ himself.

The Church is liturgical. She repeats everything every year! All we have to do is listen.

You do know you can be counted as Schismatic....

nevertheless that all makes sense. But what of the questions of man? questions that have went un-answered by early churchhood and the Bible itself.

That influences man to want to learn on his own and find answers within the Bible, which leads to manipulation of its texts.

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You do know you can be counted as Schismatic....

nevertheless that all makes sense. But what of the questions of man? questions that have went un-answered by early churchhood and the Bible itself.

That influences man to want to learn on his own and find answers within the Bible, which leads to manipulation of its texts.

We are to be content with what is given... and not guess at the rest. Focus instead on the Praxis of Christianity.

The emphasis is on the "Do"... Do this...

Schismatic from what? The Church of Antioch was never subordinate to Rome. Each See represents an ability to carry on Christianity without the other Churches if needed. Thats what it means to be a See...

Independent... yet united in cause and confirmed beliefs.

Each See has a Bishop, whom was elected by the local laity to lead them. Each of those Bishops is equal in vote in council. One Bishop presides as chair, but he has no authority OVER the other Sees. This is an andministrative position. St. James was the chair in Jerusalem (ACTS 15), that's why he speaks last.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the evidence! I have to admit, it is substantial, you might even win over some folks with it. For some reason I have a hard time being bought out with it. Evidence is nice (like you said) but proof....oh the more better :)

thanks for the backround on SDA's, I didn't know they did that :)

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not about "winning folk over", it's about truth and error.

All that any person has to do it to keep moving forward towards God. Sometimes we get pointed in the wrong direction... and we should help each other when we can.

You don't have to be an Orthodox Christian to get into heaven. That is one of the things that Orthodox Christianity teaches.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Sometimes we get pointed in the wrong direction... and we should help each other when we can.
great! that's exactly right! And we shouldn't let the fact that people will disagree with us along the way, keep us from our job.

You don't have to be an Orthodox Christian to get into heaven. That is one of the things that Orthodox Christianity teaches.
That brings me to ask, who does teach that you have to be one of them to get to heaven?

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
great! that's exactly right! And we shouldn't let the fact that people will disagree with us along the way, keep us from our job.

That brings me to ask, who does teach that you have to be one of them to get to heaven?

The Church of Rome has taught it.

I don't know what their current teaching is... I'm not Roman Catholic.

Google "Unam Sanctum 1302"

...Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who has the truth? Who has the error?

You will find both in many places.

Try to find the "truths" that "all" the Apostolic Churches agree upon. Then go through them yourself. Concentrate on Dogma and not just doctrines. Learn the "Praxis" of The Church... the "DO" part.

After all that... find a local Church that you are satisfied has a valid communion and partake with them.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.