Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Holy Ghost teaches us what to say

Really?

Does the Holy Spirit teach us to say stupid things?

I've heard lots of stupid things here.

... and if The Holy Spirit is doing all that....

Well, I don't think so. Be honest.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
"f...or the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."- Luke

In times of trial of course and giving you utterance to speak things which no man can disagree with.

"I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit—"- Romans 9:1

"It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things."- 1 Peter 1:12

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"f...or the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."- Luke

In times of trial of course and giving you utterance to speak things which no man can disagree with.

"I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit—"- Romans 9:1

"It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things."- 1 Peter 1:12

Speaks of the ordained. Not everybody.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities: Few of us have had the need to trust God because we have been hauled before magistrates and authorities for the sake of Jesus. Yet all have our own arenas where we need to trust God to give a bold witness.
b. Do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say: This is an exhortation to trust in God, not your eloquence. It is not an excuse for poor preparation in teaching or preaching.
c. For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say: Jesus promises that the Holy Spirit will help when you are "put on trial"; He will give you the right words to say.

I forget which commentary it's from

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
no, I'm not familiar with that..

If it was heretical and in discordance with the Bible then it isn't the holy spirits teaching.

Maybe you could provide a little backround info for us ignorant people? :)
:)

1 Corin 12:1 About yet the spiritual-things brethren! not I am willing ye to be being ignorant/agnoein <50> (5721).

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Last edited:
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
A

AllForJesus

Yes! The Holy Ghost gives you revelation of Scripture.
:clap::clap::clap:
Thank you for understanding.

I am sorry if i was not clear enough but 'Teach me yours way oh God' does not mean that theology is bad! Opposite to that!

The Holy Spirit inspires people in theology!!! and in other way too but be careful on saying that trying to study more about God is bad!!!

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry if i was not clear enough but 'Teach me yours way oh God' does not mean that theology is bad! Opposite to that!

The Holy Spirit inspires people in theology!!! and in other way too but be careful on saying that trying to study more about God is bad!!!

I never said Theology was bad....I said it fails (having fallacy).
I never said studying more of God is bad....I'm sorry that you couldn't read some of my responses to others, but I clearly stated that study of God is encouraged. Thank your for posting but it seemed to be based only on the OP and title, and not on the proof-reading of the rest of my posts :)

But your post did inspire me to say, another reason why theology fails is because people lie about recieving revelation of a scripture which causes more confusion.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
If theology is reduced to an intellectual pursuit, even within the context of faith, it is bound to fail.

True theology is the experience of God, through ceaseless prayer of the heart. That is why we say that a theologian is one who prays. Not one who reads and studies, though that is good as far as it goes. But we cannot truly know/experience God via our minds only. God comes to the pure in heart.

Mary

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Really?

Care to go over each of these scripture independantly then?

I believe there were three listed.

Forgive me...

That revelation, and being given Words to speak is only for the ordained?

Yes I would much like to go over how that is Biblical:)

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If theology is reduced to an intellectual pursuit, even within the context of faith, it is bound to fail.

True theology is the experience of God, through ceaseless prayer of the heart. That is why we say that a theologian is one who prays. Not one who reads and studies, though that is good as far as it goes. But we cannot truly know/experience God via our minds only. God comes to the pure in heart.

Mary

Thank you for sheding that much needed light Mary.

God bless you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.