Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Theology, in the most literal definition, is the Study of God.

Enter the narrow Gate is Christ.

Christ is God.

Without studying Christ, Who is the Narrow Gate, we don't how then to enter into Him in the right way.

Reactions: MrPolo
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Of course it fails.

It's supposed to.

That's why we speak of God Apophaticly.

We aren't supposed to figure it out. We are to accept on faith what hs been revealed.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Reading and living are different things. Additionally, it's always easier to go with the world's flows than against them. Theology, as humans, often tries to bend in order to conform to the "new understanding and knowledge" the humanity has came up with. In doing so it becomes grotesque caricature of itself. It resembles philosophy more than it serves it's true purpose - bringing man closer to God.

The theologian is the one who prays.

Death to the world!

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why?

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

A great many peoples theology fails cause they take the easy route (the one that looks broad and comfortable). True theology is possible but requires faith, trusting God to lead us beyond the obvious along the way to Himself. In essence it is articulating the true churches response to the Living God. It is not impossible because we have scripture, fellow believers, our consciences and the Spirit of God to guide us. He lives in us and guides our feet and our thoughts to Him. And when we fail , as we all do at times, we trust that a merciful God is able to restore us and our thoughts to Him.

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Theology, in the most literal definition, is the Study of God.
Enter the narrow Gate is Christ.
Christ is God.
Without studying Christ, Who is the Narrow Gate, we don't how then to enter into Him in the right way.

Sorry, I didn't make it clear enough.....Studying Christ is fine. I didn't say theology is bad, I said it fails. There is a big difference. I study Christ. I'm sure everyone who reads a Bible studies Christ.

Another reason it fails is because the fact that it's all "theory", hence the "theo" in theology. (this was sarcasm)

Side Note: I thought there was a difference between Christology and Theology. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Of course it fails.

It's supposed to.

We aren't supposed to figure it out. We are to accept on faith what hs been revealed.

Forgive me...
:clap:
that's great friend. Sadly many people out there can refute that with their theology and manipulate the scriptures to get the rendering they want.

Reading and living are different things. Additionally, it's always easier to go with the world's flows than against them. Theology, as humans, often tries to bend in order to conform to the "new understanding and knowledge" the humanity has came up with. In doing so it becomes grotesque caricature of itself. It resembles philosophy more than it serves it's true purpose - bringing man closer to God.

The theologian is the one who prays.

Death to the world!

Yes all we do is "try". But we're never sure of an answer until everyone who argues with us, agrees with us.

A great many peoples theology fails cause they take the easy route (the one that looks broad and comfortable). True theology is possible but requires faith, trusting God to lead us beyond the obvious along the way to Himself. In essence it is articulating the true churches response to the Living God. It is not impossible because we have scripture, fellow believers, our consciences and the Spirit of God to guide us. He lives in us and guides our feet and our thoughts to Him. And when we fail , as we all do at times, we trust that a merciful God is able to restore us and our thoughts to Him.

I agree with you. Wise man of God.

I on the other hand recieve revelation from Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost gives us the ability to discern. When we are reading through verses of scripture and suddenly know what it means without a doubt. Then it has been revealed to us by Holy Ghost.
But I'm not going to get into that because not all believe that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,373.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Of course it fails.

It's supposed to.

Forgive me...
Who can agree on what has been revealed!!!

Thousands of denominations!!!

Upvote 0

MrPolo

Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Another reason it fails is because the fact that it's all "theory", hence the "theo" in theology.

Were you trying to be funny here? The "theo" is the Greek root for "God".

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who can agree on what has been revealed!!!

Thousands of denominations!!!

You have choices to make. Educated choices I would hope.

Forgive me...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gary51

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2007
South Yorkshire, England
✟21,373.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
:clap:
that's great friend. Sadly many people out there can refute that with their theology and manipulate the scriptures to get the rendering they want.
So, are you claiming your theology is not from manipulated scripture, and it is only those folk that don't agree with you who follow manipulated scripture?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.