tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of the most unfortunate trends in modern Christianity is that of reinterpreting Genesis to accommodate evolutionary theories. Many well-known Bible teachers and apologists have caved in to the evolutionists and have come to believe that adhering to a literal interpretation of Genesis is somehow detrimental to the credibility of Christians. If anything, evolutionists lose respect for those whose belief in the Bible is so tenuous that they are willing to quickly compromise it.

Although the number of true creationists may be dwindling in academia, several faithful organizations such as Answers in Genesis, the Creation Research Society, and the Institute for Creation Research have affirmed that the Bible is not only compatible with real science, but affirm that not a single word in the Bible has ever been disproved by true science.

The Bible is God’s living Word, given to us by the Creator of the universe, and His description of how He created that universe is not compatible with the theory of evolution, even a “theistic” understanding of evolution.

Thanks to Got Questions.

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
One of the most unfortunate trends in modern Christianity is that of reinterpreting Genesis to accommodate evolutionary theories. Many well-known Bible teachers and apologists have caved in to the evolutionists and have come to believe that adhering to a literal interpretation of Genesis is somehow detrimental to the credibility of Christians. If anything, evolutionists lose respect for those whose belief in the Bible is so tenuous that they are willing to quickly compromise it.+

So you don't like honest Christians. I will try to remember that.

Although the number of true creationists may be dwindling in academia, several faithful organizations such as Answers in Genesis, the Creation Research Society, and the Institute for Creation Research have affirmed that the Bible is not only compatible with real science, but affirm that not a single word in the Bible has ever been disproved by true science.

Sorry but they haven't. They have only demonstrated their own incompetence which is only trumped by their incredible dishonesty. Those sites can be refuted by bright high school students. That does not say too much for those sites that openly tell their contributors that they cannot use the scientific method.

The Bible is God’s living Word, given to us by the Creator of the universe, and His description of how He created that universe is not compatible with the theory of evolution, even a “theistic” understanding of evolution.

Thanks to Got Questions.

And yet the Bible makes no such claims. Where did you get that idea from? By the way you just declared that the Bible is wrong,. Though you probably do not see how you did that.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess theistic evolution is a case of having your cake and eating it. One can debate the merits of it and evolution which has no merits and creationism which is backed up by the word of God until the cows come home but the fact is that God will always have the last word. He always has and always will and we can argue till we're blue in the face and it will change not a single thing.

I am always drawn back to certain verses from the bible which makes God's position quite clear. Verses like....

Matthew 4:4 But answering, He said, It has been written: "Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every Word going out of the mouth of God." Deut. 8:3

Isaiah 40:8 The grass is dry, the flower is dead; but the word of our God is eternal.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I guess theistic evolution is a case of having your cake and eating it. One can debate the merits of it and evolution which has no merits and creationism which is backed up by the word of God until the cows come home but the fact is that God will always have the last word. He always has and always will and we can argue till we're blue in the face and it will change not a single thing.

I am always drawn back to certain verses from the bible which makes God's position quite clear. Verses like....

Matthew 4:4 But answering, He said, It has been written: "Man shall not live by bread alone, but on every Word going out of the mouth of God." Deut. 8:3

Isaiah 40:8 The grass is dry, the flower is dead; but the word of our God is eternal.
Once again all you demonstrate is your terrible ignorance. The strong in faith can still believe in your god and accept reality. The weak in faith treat the Bible as if it were literally true.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Theistic evolution has the distinct advantage of overcoming the limitations of both an unreflective supernaturalism and also and purposiveless science. It also has the advantages of better integrating biblical studies into the picture. You assume, without question, that the Bible is inerrant. Why? The inerrancy of Scripture is purely a human-based, possibly fallible theory about how God may be related to Scripture. When tested out, it doesn't hold water, not given the numerous c biblical contradictions. When it comes to the geophysical witness of teh Bible, even the Reformers questioned how accurate it is intended to be here. Hence, Calvin argued that God did not indent to give an astronomy lecture via Scripture. Certainly no one is going to argue that the world is flat because the Bible does say that. Same thin with teh Genesis account. Actually, I should say 'accounts," since Genesis gives two contradictory chronologies.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 14:1 Welcome all the Lord's followers, even those whose faith is weak. Don't criticize them for having beliefs that are different from yours.

1 Corinthians 1:25 Even when God is foolish, he is wiser than everyone else, and even when God is weak, he is stronger than everyone else.

1 Corinthians 1:27 But God chose the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. He chose the weak things of this world to put the powerful to shame.

1 Corinthians 15:54 The bodies we now have are weak and can die. But they will be changed into bodies that are eternal. Then the Scriptures will come true, "Death has lost the battle!

2 Corinthians 11:30 If I have to brag, I will brag about how weak I am.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he replied, "My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So if Christ keeps giving me his power, I will gladly brag about how weak I am.

2 Corinthians 12:10 Yes, I am glad to be weak or insulted or mistreated or to have troubles and sufferings, if it is for Christ. Because when I am weak, I am strong.

2 Corinthians 13:4 Although he was weak when he was nailed to the cross, he now lives by the power of God. We are weak, just as Christ was. But you will see that we will live by the power of God, just as Christ does.

Take courage brothers. It looks as though being weak is a decided advantage when it comes to the kingdom of God. Although we may be weak we can stand strong in presenting the truth of God's word and his creation.

Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have had extensive correspondence with those organizations, Tiglath, and I have to honestly say that they are all bogus and unreliable. Three is also the matter of better understanding the Genesis account. I submit we are really dealing with two contradictory chronologies, to start with.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess that the great thing about God is that he is the same, yesterday, today and forever. That means that he does not change to satisfy the whims of this and that and to sound more "up to date."

I think a lot of people choose that image of God because it means that they do not have to give themselves to in depth study of the word of God. They prefer to proof text and add their little bit of interpretation to it.

The problem with that is that you end up coming to all sorts of conclusions that contradict each other as the Bible is the best commentator on itself so one needs to go deep and find out its jewels to come to an understanding of the overall narrative of the Bible. Without that, you are going to leave yourself uncovered at the latest whim or fanciful claim.

A good example of this is theistic evolution which has many different interpretations. Any interpretation that doesn't want God to be God as the creator of the universe is built on sand. His intention was that his creation was something that he brought into being by his word as a place for us humans to enjoy at our leisure.

We were the pinnacle of his creation because we were the only ones that were created in his image. We don't read of him having fellowship with a lion but we do read of him having fellowship with Adam and Eve. And why not if he created them in his image.

That makes us special and different than the rest of his creation. That is the reason why even though his created image made a complete mess of things, he has offered a way back through the cross to enable us to recapture that image. Once we are born again we become like Jesus and our daily walk is a walk that makes us more like him every day.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I guess that the great thing about God is that he is the same, yesterday, today and forever. That means that he does not change to satisfy the whims of this and that and to sound more "up to date."

I think a lot of people choose that image of God because it means that they do not have to give themselves to in depth study of the word of God. They prefer to proof text and add their little bit of interpretation to it.

The problem with that is that you end up coming to all sorts of conclusions that contradict each other as the Bible is the best commentator on itself so one needs to go deep and find out its jewels to come to an understanding of the overall narrative of the Bible. Without that, you are going to leave yourself uncovered at the latest whim or fanciful claim.

A good example of this is theistic evolution which has many different interpretations. Any interpretation that doesn't want God to be God as the creator of the universe is built on sand. His intention was that his creation was something that he brought into being by his word as a place for us humans to enjoy at our leisure.

We were the pinnacle of his creation because we were the only ones that were created in his image. We don't read of him having fellowship with a lion but we do read of him having fellowship with Adam and Eve. And why not if he created them in his image.

That makes us special and different than the rest of his creation. That is the reason why even though his created image made a complete mess of things, he has offered a way back through the cross to enable us to recapture that image. Once we are born again we become like Jesus and our daily walk is a walk that makes us more like him every day.

The amazing arrogance of this is that you are trying to tell God how he had to make life. Even when I was a Christian I was not that gutsy. The Bible is merely man's attempt to record what they thought God said. It seems that you think that the Bible is a magic book. It does not even claim that is true of it.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 24:1 A Psalm. Of David. The earth is the Lord's, with all its wealth; the world and all the people living in it. For by him it was based on the seas, and made strong on the deep rivers.

This is an interesting verse of scripture because it confirms God created the heavens and the earth.

If the earth is the Lord's (and it is) it is no one else's, not even the atheists or evolutionary. In addition all the wealth that it contains is his. Not only that but all the people living in it so sorry atheist, you might be trying as hard as you can to get rid of God but it ain't going to happen because you belong to him even though you don't want to.

That just goes to show that even though you hate him, all he wants to do is love you and give you abundant life. Doesn't say much for your logic to refuse an abundant God who only has your best at heart.

I noticed that it says "by him the earth was based on the seas." So true as most of the earth is water which goes to show that what the bible says is true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Psalm 24:1 A Psalm. Of David. The earth is the Lord's, with all its wealth; the world and all the people living in it. For by him it was based on the seas, and made strong on the deep rivers.

This is an interesting verse of scripture because it confirms God created the heavens and the earth.

If the earth is the Lord's (and it is) it is no one else's, not even the atheists or evolutionary. In addition all the wealth that it contains is his. Not only that but all the people living in it so sorry atheist, you might be trying as hard as you can to get rid of God but it ain't going to happen because you belong to him even though you don't want to.

That just goes to show that even though you hate him, all he wants to do is love you and give you abundant life. Doesn't say much for your logic to refuse an abundant God who only has your best at heart.

Atheists don't hate God, they simply don't believe he exists. It's a little hard to hate or deny a being you don't think is actually there.

I noticed that it says "by him the earth was based on the seas." So true as most of the earth is water which goes to show that what the bible says is true.

Actually, that's not true. Most of the Earth is COVERED by water, but that's just the surface. Take as a whole, water is a small part of the Earth.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dug a hole the other day and poured some water into it. I didn't actually want to fill the hole. All I wanted to do was to cover the top of the hole with water. I tipped some water over the top of the hole but I had a problem. It seemed to want to fill the hole.

Not to be out done, I poured water over the top again and tried to leave the hole empty. Again, I was not at all successful because the water didn't stay on the top. It slid down into the hole. In fact, the more I poured water onto the top it slid down into the hole.

So I thought I needed to investigate some patches of water on the earth to find out how I could get water to stay on top of the hole. So I paid a visit to Lake Eyre in Australia. That was a big water table so I could get to its secrets.

When I got there I walked into the water and expected my top to be wet and my bottom half to be dry as the water should only, be on the top. Well, was I in for big surprise. The more I walked into the water the more wet I got from top to bottom.

The time came when my head was underwater and there was no space where I could draw in air as it was all water, from the top to the bottom. I was very disappointed by the experts who said that water was only on top of the earth not under it so I wrote them a letter and said they had to stop saying such rubbish as it was obviously not true.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Atheists don't hate God, they simply don't believe he exists. It's a little hard to hate or deny a being you don't think is actually there..

I would agree with you and that is why I wonder why atheists are quick to blame the God who does not exist.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I would agree with you and that is why I wonder why atheists are quick to blame the God who does not exist.
When have atheists ever "blamed God"? Now they may be able to show by your reasoning that God is at fault for various actions, but since that explanation comes from your beliefs you would actually be the person that is "blaming God".

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I dug a hole the other day and poured some water into it. I didn't actually want to fill the hole. All I wanted to do was to cover the top of the hole with water. I tipped some water over the top of the hole but I had a problem. It seemed to want to fill the hole.

Not to be out done, I poured water over the top again and tried to leave the hole empty. Again, I was not at all successful because the water didn't stay on the top. It slid down into the hole. In fact, the more I poured water onto the top it slid down into the hole.

So I thought I needed to investigate some patches of water on the earth to find out how I could get water to stay on top of the hole. So I paid a visit to Lake Eyre in Australia. That was a big water table so I could get to its secrets.

When I got there I walked into the water and expected my top to be wet and my bottom half to be dry as the water should only, be on the top. Well, was I in for big surprise. The more I walked into the water the more wet I got from top to bottom.

The time came when my head was underwater and there was no space where I could draw in air as it was all water, from the top to the bottom. I was very disappointed by the experts who said that water was only on top of the earth not under it so I wrote them a letter and said they had to stop saying such rubbish as it was obviously not true.
Oh my! Quite the strawman there. I see that logic is not a tool that you know how to use. Tell me, what is underneath the water in your hole.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
One of the most unfortunate trends in modern Christianity is that of reinterpreting Genesis to accommodate evolutionary theories. Many well-known Bible teachers and apologists have caved in to the evolutionists and have come to believe that adhering to a literal interpretation of Genesis is somehow detrimental to the credibility of Christians. If anything, evolutionists lose respect for those whose belief in the Bible is so tenuous that they are willing to quickly compromise it.

Thanks to Got Questions.
A very uncompromising view. Good soil!

Some soils craters to strong persecution.

A fundamental property of faith is it repels unbelief.

Some may over use their minds to support the Word rather than properly use the shield of faith.

God loves good fruit. Naysayer to God's Word can take a hike. I think some of this is about who we are going to listen to, them or Him. It is a time to find out, not just grocery shop.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker

Judging from this, you don't seem to realize how big the earth actually is.

Water makes up a very small part of the earth's overall VOLUME. Water is covering much of the earth, but underneath the water, below the lowest part of the oceans, are miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles of stuff that's not water.

When you got soaked, you were covered in water, but that water on your skin made up a small percentage of your overall VOLUME.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You posted "A good example of this is theistic evolution which has many different interpretations."....which is a very true statement. The biggest problem with the Theo-Evo sect is what to do with the arrival of mans sin nature. They have several different "opinions" on it.....and NOT ONE of them is biblical based.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You posted "A good example of this is theistic evolution which has many different interpretations."....which is a very true statement. The biggest problem with the Theo-Evo sect is what to do with the arrival of mans sin nature. They have several different "opinions" on it.....and NOT ONE of them is biblical based.

Yes, you usually find that views that do not line up with scripture have flaws that miss out important bits or make them secondary issues.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, you usually find that views that do not line up with scripture have flaws that miss out important bits or make them secondary issues.

Man aquiring a sin nature really isn't secondary theology....but of the Theo-Evo, they simply dismiss the verses about it or assign it new meaning disrupting many other verses in the bible....which is bad theology...based upon evolutionary assumptions.

Upvote 0