Theistic Evolution is not true

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Theistic evolution supposes that we evolved from other creatures. This is UnScriptural since Genesis 2:4-7 shows that man was made from the dust of the ground on the 3rd Day, the same Day the earth was made, but BEFORE the plants grew.

Man was made the THIRD day physically, and was born Spiritually on the 6th Day, along with Eve, who was not made until the 6th Day. Genesis 2:22.

Comments?

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
The two accounts of creation contradict each other and come from two separate sources, but they were kept separate in the bible; whereas the two flood stories were merged into one, in the final draft of the bible. I don’t go along with TE, but I notice that Richard Dawkins scoffs at people who are TEs.
YEC literalists say that the second account is a more detailed look at the creation of man, but all the critical biblical scholars say not so. I suspect that the second account originated in another culture altogether.
The second account is about the fall from grace.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
his:>>YEC literalists say that the second account is a more detailed look at the creation of man, but all the critical biblical scholars say not so. I suspect that the second account originated in another culture altogether.
The second account is about the fall from grace.

Dear his, I cannot agree since Genesis chapter one is the entire
history of the 6 Creative Days, including events which are yet to
happen at the end of the present 6th Day. We live today at Genesis
1:27 since God is STILL creating mankind in His Image or in Christ.

Genesis 1:28-31 is PROPHECY of future events which have never taken
place. Mankind has never had dominion or rule over every other living
creature and all living creatures have never been Vegetarians. This
prophecy will NOT be fulfilled until Jesus returns to this planet at the
end of time. Isaiah 11:7

God, sees the end from the beginning, and would never say "it is very
good" until it IS very good eternally, and that won't take place until
all Christians are in heaven. The account of the 7th Day is FUTURE.

The entire history of the creation ends at Genesis 2:3 and then we are taken BACK to the events of the 3rd Day and then brought forward to Genesis 1:27. There is only ONE story of the creation and not two.

Upvote 0

Tornero

Dieu et mon droit
Jan 28, 2013
✟15,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, there is quite a bit of evidence to support environmental evolution, and it is quite logical as its the survival of the most adapted to the situation.

However when the creation is talked about in genesis it does not specify how long a day is, or if "day" is a metaphor in this case. Nor does the bible state its viewpoint of evolution.

I find both valid and I combine them.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Tornero:>>However when the creation is talked about in genesis it does not specify how long a day is, or if "day" is a metaphor in this case.

Dear Tornero, A day (Hebrew-Yowm) can be 24 hours, a lifetime, or forever. Each of the 6 Creative Days of Genesis chapter one is some 4.5 Billion years in length. The 7th Day is Eternity. God has but 7 Days or Ages and today remains the 6th.

Upvote 0

Tornero

Dieu et mon droit
Jan 28, 2013
✟15,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tornero:>>However when the creation is talked about in genesis it does not specify how long a day is, or if "day" is a metaphor in this case.

Dear Tornero, A day (Hebrew-Yowm) can be 24 hours, a lifetime, or forever. Each of the 6 Creative Days of Genesis chapter one is some 4.5 Billion years in length. The 7th Day is Eternity. God has but 7 Days or Ages and today remains the 6th.

Ah I thought so. I guessed it would come down to a small mistranslation, I had always been taught that each day in genesis was 24 hours which lead me to distrust the idea in the first place. Makes more sense now...

I suppose whatever happens the bible seems to be right :idea:

:)

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Aman:>>Dear Tornero, A day (Hebrew-Yowm) can be 24 hours, a lifetime, or forever. Each of the 6 Creative Days of Genesis chapter one is some 4.5 Billion years in length. The 7th Day is Eternity. God has but 7 Days or Ages and today remains the 6th.

Tornero:>>Ah, I thought so. I guessed it would come down to a small mistranslation, I had always been taught that each day in genesis was 24 hours which lead me to distrust the idea in the first place. Makes more sense now...

I suppose whatever happens the bible seems to be right :idea:

Dear Tornero, God's Truth is always the Truth in every way. IF one of God's Days were just 24 hours then satan would have told Adam the Truth and the LORD would have Lied, since Adam did Not die within 24 hours after he sinned, as the LORD told him he would.

Adam lived at least 930 years after he sinned BUT he died on the present 6th Day, like all men who live and die on the present 6th Day or Age. Therefore, satan is a Liar and the LORD told Adam the Truth. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The two accounts of creation contradict each other and come from two separate sources, but they were kept separate in the bible; whereas the two flood stories were merged into one, in the final draft of the bible. I don’t go along with TE, but I notice that Richard Dawkins scoffs at people who are TEs.

Actually that's one of the myths that the tablet theory, I was telling you about in the other thread, exposes. Though I would agree, the sources Moses used were separate sources. Both accounts are marked by separate toledoth summary statements. But only one of the two is an actual creation account. The account that follows is a Garden account, for the most part, including subsequent history after the banishment. In the second account, you'll find different terms used such as "beasts of the field" and "plants of the field" referring not to plants and animals in general, but those that would become indigenous to the Garden that God planted. The plants specifically were plants that needed a farmer to grow, and had not yet grown as there was not a farmer to grow them. You see man is the only animal that actually cultivates plants. The second account of Genesis is about those plants. The naming of the animals was also limited to the animals of the Garden.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Per:>>Genesis one is God's perspective,

Dear Percivale, Genesis one is the entire history of the creation authored by God. It includes events which are yet future at the end of the present 6th Day or Age. ie. Man has NEVER had dominion over EVERY other living creature including sharks, polar bears and viruses as Genesis 1:28 shows.

There has never been a time in history when Every living creature was a vegetarian as Genesis 1:30 shows. This prophecy will not be fulfilled until Jesus returns to this planet. Isaiah 11:7 God will not say it is very good until it is perfect for He can see the end from the beginning.

Genesis 1:27 is where we live Today since God is STILL creating mankind in His Image or in Christ. Genesis 1:28-Genesis 2:3 is prophecy of events which are future to our time.

Per:>>Genesis 2 is Adam's. Whenever yom is used with a number it means a literal day. And the phrase 'evening and morning' make it all the more clear.

The Hebrew word Yowm can mean 24 hours or a lifetime or Eternity. Each of the 6 Creative Days are some 4.5 Billion years in length and the 7th Day is Eternity, since it has NO evening, no end.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elopez

Oct 11, 2010
Lansing, MI
✟18,206.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Theistic evolution supposes that we evolved from other creatures.
This is actually false. TE supposes that we share a common ancestor with apes, not what you said. Just another common misconception of evolution itself.

This is UnScriptural since Genesis 2:4-7 shows that man was made from the dust of the ground on the 3rd Day, the same Day the earth was made, but BEFORE the plants grew.
The idea of Adam being created out of dust, taken symbolically as would the creation account, would not pose a problem for TE.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally Posted by Aman777
Theistic evolution supposes that we evolved from other creatures.
elopez:>>This is actually false. TE supposes that we share a common ancestor with apes, not what you said. Just another common misconception of evolution itself.

Dear elopez, I have NO problem with micro evolution or adaptation within a species, and I agree that prehistoric man evolved from a common ancestor of Great Apes....BUT....we changed when we inherited the human intelligence of Adam, who was never on this planet.

Adam was a Special Creation made with a higher intelligence than ANY natural man. Adam was formed with the ability to know good and evil, which NO descendant of the common ancestor knew. Prehistoric man or natural man, whose origin was in the water, does NOT have this ability since he is INNOCENT, but Adam's descendants are Guilty, and face the Judgment of a Righteous God.

elo:>>The idea of Adam being created out of dust, taken symbolically as would the creation account, would not pose a problem for TE.[/quote]

Taking the Truth of God's Holy Word and spinning it so that Godless evolution has NO need of a Creator, is wrong. TEs tell us we evolved from a common ancestor, but God tells us we inherited our human intelligence from Adam, who was first made, and who has preeminence and is destined to have dominion over every living creature, including those whose origin was from the common ancestor of natural man.

In the last days Scoffers will be "willingly ignorant" that the first world was totally destroyed in the Flood and that our world will be burned. Those who are willingly ignorant of this Truth deny God's Holy Word, and falsely suppose that humans diverged or evolved from a line of Great Apes. Humans descended from Adam, the first Human, who was made long BEFORE any other living creature. Genesis 2:4-7 God's Truth shows that we did NOT evolve from any other creature, whether you call it a common ancestor or NOT.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0