The Young Earth theory and pleistocine and ice age eras. (Moved from Creation & Evolution)

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From a young earth perspective, approximately when did those time periods really occur?
the flood ..
God says he created the earth in 7 days
the unbelieving type say that's impossible - which means god doesn't exist
but he does, so one of them is a liar and it 'aint God .

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
the flood ..
the unbelieving type say that's impossible - which means god doesn't exist
but he does, so one of them is a liar and it 'aint God .
I dont believe the young earth theory but I believe in God.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
the unbelieving type say that's impossible
It's not that people think it's impossible for God to do it that way, it's just that if He really did it that way, He went really, really, far out of His way to make it look like He didn't.
i don't know of any young earth theory . just what God states .
It's your theory (interpretation) that that part of the Bible should be read literally. Jesus hid the truth in parables, why not God?

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From a young earth perspective, approximately when did those time periods really occur?
Just after the Flood.

According to one theory, the earth was a tropical paradise due to a water canopy surrounding it that refracted the sun's light and kept it warm all over.

When the Flood occurred, the water canopy was broken up and came crashing down to earth as rain, and the sun's rays now hit the earth directly, bringing about polar climatology.

This brought about the eventual demise of most of the dinosaurs.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not that people think it's impossible for God to do it that way, it's just that if He really did it that way, He went really, really, far out of His way to make it look like He didn't.
I would assume that if a person was traumatized like the earth was traumatized during the Flood and other catastrophes, he would look older as well.
Nicholas Deka said:
Jesus hid the truth in parables, why not God?
As I understand it, the parables Jesus told were real events He witnessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would assume that a person was traumatized like the earth was traumatized during the Flood and other catastrophes, he would look older as well.
Even if a flood or catastrophe could cause the sort of things we use to date the age of the Earth, remember God caused the flood and at least some of the catastrophes you mention, so again I say, He went really, really far out of His way to make it look like He didn't make the Earth a little while ago.
As I understand it, the parables Jesus told were real events He witnessed.
Never heard that one before. Is that just a theory, or is there some scripture to back up the idea that they were all true stories Jesus was an eye witness to?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even if a flood or catastrophe could cause the sort of things we use to date the age of the Earth, remember God caused the flood and at least some of the catastrophes you mention, so again I say, He went really, really far out of His way to make it look like He didn't make the Earth a little while ago.
You mean like telling us in Genesis 1 what He did, how He did it, where He did it, what order He did it in, and how long it took Him to do it?
Nicholas Deka said:
Is that just a theory,
Yup.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's your theory (interpretation) that that part of the Bible should be read literally. Jesus hid the truth in parables, why not God?
If one cannot take God at his word in one place then he cannot take God at his word .

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He went really, really far out of His way to make it look like He didn't make the Earth a little while ago.
Adam and Eve were adults.
Birds were created in numbers that filled the skies.
The waters were filled with fish when they were created.
Trees were created bearing fruit.
The earth, like everything else, was created in its mature state, immediately capable of supporting life.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
(Staff edit)
You never seem to contribute anything other than denying God and committing blasphemy. I have decided that you have no purpose here to do anything but harass Christians, so it's time to add you to the ignore list. Goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then they went and died for refusing to believe what you believe.

Wich is true for all mutually exclusive religions.
The only thing that shows is that these people really really believed what they said they believed. It doesn't show that what they believed was / is correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You never seem to contribute anything other than denying God and committing blasphemy. I have decided that you have no purpose here to do anything but harass Christians, so it's time to add you to the ignore list. Goodbye.

All Steve did was share a fact.

What you read in that book is text that people wrote down.
And the idea that it was dictated / inspired by a god is no more or less then a claim wich is not in evidence.

Ignoring (literally) the people who share the facts, won't make the facts go away.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The only thing that shows is that these people really really believed what they said they believed. It doesn't show that what they believed was / is correct.
Well, for the record, I believe it too.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

And I would say ascertaining its correctness would be a little beyond your paygrade.

Upvote 0

TagliatelliMonster

Sep 22, 2016
Brugge
✟66,672.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, for the record, I believe it too.

Every follower of every religion, including all those that you disagree with, believes his religion is correct.

I didn't expect you to be an exception.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0