The woven fabric of our faith.

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The intricate weaving of truth in every parable, in every story, in every word, and in every letter, gives witness to the whole truth encircling upon itself in a perfect weave.

John 21:11: "Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken."

What is significant about the number 153?

Hosea 1:10: "Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living Elohim."

The phrase, "sons of the living Elohim", in Hebrew, adds up to 153!

Benay Ha-'Elohiym
Bet ב) = 2
Nun נ) = 50
Yod י) = 10
Hey ה) = 5
Aleph א) = 1
Lamed ל) = 30
Hey ה) = 5
Yod י) = 10
Mem ם) = 40
Total = 153

We are discovering them every day, more and more, and it binds us with the past, the future, and our lives with Him.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The intricate weaving of truth in every parable, in every story, in every word, and in every letter, gives witness to the whole truth encircling upon itself in a perfect weave.

John 21:11: "Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, an hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken."

Hosea 1:10: "Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living Elohim."

Benay Ha-'Elohiym
Bet ב) = 2
Nun נ) = 50
Yod י) = 10
Hey ה) = 5
Aleph א) = 1
Lamed ל) = 30
Hey ה) = 5
Yod י) = 10
Mem ם) = 40
Total = 153

We are discovering them every day, more and more, and it binds us with the past, the future, and our lives with Him.

I wonder how many not-so-flattering phrases add up to 153.

Upvote 0

Daniel Gregg

Messianic, House of Yisra'el
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

Benay Ha-'Elohiym
Bet ב) = 2
Nun נ) = 50
Yod י) = 10
Hey ה) = 5
Aleph א) = 1
Lamed ל) = 30
Hey ה) = 5
Yod י) = 10
Mem ם) = 40
Total = 153

He says he will make them fishers of men. So the connection to Hosea is correct. But the calculation is bad.
The text has בני אל חי =
2+50+10 1+30 8+10 = 111

בני האלהים is not how the text reads

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Benay Ha-'Elohiym
Bet ב) = 2
Nun נ) = 50
Yod י) = 10
Hey ה) = 5
Aleph א) = 1
Lamed ל) = 30
Hey ה) = 5
Yod י) = 10
Mem ם) = 40
Total = 153

The text has "El", not "Elohim". It is possible that "153" does not represent anything.

Upvote 0