Guilford New York
✟418,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The Word of God is a constant and continuing source of joy for the Christian. I don't think I've ever met a joyless Christian who was regularly employed in searching the Scriptures.
The result of such searching is to see beyond the words of the One who inspired
them. Of all the habits the Christian can cultivate, this is one of the most blessed and profitable.
Some books are exhausting and exhaustible. The Bible is the only Book that rewards the student with increasing insight as he allows the Word of God to flow through and cleanse him. Indeed, it is the only Book that can cleanse and purify the life of its reader. Other books can inform, but only the Scripture can transform, infill, and inspire.

Every day I have the honor of sitting down with a book that contains the words of the One who created me. Every day I have the opportunity to let him give me a thought or two on how to live. If I don't do what he says, he doesn't burn the book or cancel my subscription.

If I disagree with what he says, lightning doesn't split my swivel chair or an angel doesn't mark my name off the list. If I don't understand what he says, he doesn't call me a dummy. In fact, he calls me "Son," and on a different page explains what I don't understand.

Levi44

Feb 26, 2005
Norfolk, VA
✟1,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I disagree with what he says, lightning doesn't split my swivel chair or an angel doesn't mark my name off the list. If I don't understand what he says, he doesn't call me a dummy. In fact, he calls me "Son," and on a different page explains what I don't understand.

Yes, Doc, He is so good at explaining what we don't understand the first time around :amen: And is is so wonderful to re-read a chapter and receive a totally new insite into what He is telling me.
God bless - Hedi

Upvote 0

lovinChrist4ever

Jul 14, 2005
Florida
✟7,985.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that the expressed written Word of God (Scripture) is the ONLY book that transforms and inspires ... all source of strength is found in Scripture. When everything appears lost or hopeless ... you can read the Scripture and not only find hope and strength, but a complete expression of Father God's love. Scripture is not just words on a page -- it is a living testimony of who Father God is! I truly believe the most important thing a Christian can do ... is to completely fall in love with the Word of God - treasure it and meditate on it day and night as to have a personal relationship with Father God!

Upvote 0