Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not saying, but pointing out the fact, that the scriptures explicitly state that Israel will finally trust Jesus after He returns.

And I am not saying, but pointing out the fact, that the scriptures explicitly say that Israel will be restored, both to their Lord and as a nation.

When you deny that these things will indeed happen, you are denying explicitly stated scripture.

You are absolutely correct.

When He returns only those who belong to Him will be left, because the others will be destroyed by the flaming fire.

He is Israel. We Gentiles have been grafted into the Israelite Olive Tree through faith in Him.

Israel will be restored forever at His return. The man Jacob and Abraham will be there with us. Hebrews 11:16

However, the Baal worshippers will be destroyed, just as those who joined Korah in rebellion against Moses were destroyed.

You continue to confuse Israel of the Flesh with Israel of the Promise in Romans 9:6-8.

You also attempt to ignore the fact that the New Covenant is "everlasting" in Hebrews 13:20.

The New Covenant was promised to Israel in Jeremiah chapter 31. It is "now" in effect in Hebrews 8:6.
The first Israelites in the New Covenant are found in Acts 2:36.

The New Covenant Gospel of Grace is found in Revelation 12:11, within the Blood of the Lamb.

John Darby's doctrine cannot survive once one comes to understand the New Covenant Church, which the gates of hell cannot prevail against in Matthew chapter 16.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The modern evangelical Church has done a miserable job of sharing the Gospel with the Jewish people.
Many of us act as if they are somehow still under the Sinai covenant that is now "obsolete", based on Hebrews 8:13.
Sadly, most of them are just as lost as I once was.

Thank God for men like this one who wants to share the Good News with his own people.

Based on Jeremiah 31:31-34, a New Covenant was to come to replace the covenant they had broken.
The Messiah spoke of this New Covenant at the Last Supper. Matthew 26:28

Thank you for posting this video. We should all be praying for those in Israel who are Messianic Jews spreading the Gospel of Yeshua. All praise and glory to the Redeemer; He who will save His people.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your doctrine cannot survive once one comes to understand the explicitly stated Old Testament promises to the fleshly descendants of the ancient nation of Israel.

It is not mine. It is His plan before the foundation of the world.

I bow down before the One who bought me with His Blood at Calvary.

The whole Bible is a book about Him.

He wrote it.

It is a love story written in Blood.

Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Mat 26:28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Luk_22:20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood.

Rom_11:27 "and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins."

2Co 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

2Co_3:6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_7:22 This makes Jesus the guarantor of a better covenant.

Heb_8:6 But as it is, Christ has obtained a ministry that is as much more excellent than the old as the covenant he mediates is better, since it is enacted on better promises.

Heb_9:15 Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Heb_10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,"

Heb_12:24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.

Heb_13:20 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant,

The New Covenant Church is made up of those who have accepted the New Covenant promised to Jeremiah and accepted on the day of Pentecost by 3,000 of the house of Israel. Acts 2:36

It is now the only way of salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for posting this video. We should all be praying for those in Israel who are Messianic Jews spreading the Gospel of Yeshua. All praise and glory to the Redeemer; He who will save His people.

Thank you for the kind words, Brother.

Please share this video with others.

The modern evangelical Church has done a miserable job of sharing the Gospel with the descendants of Jacob.

The New Covenant promised in Jeremiah 31:31-34, Isaiah chapter 53 and Daniel chapter 9 should be some of our most powerful tools in reaching the Jewish people.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One aspect of dispensational theology is progressive revelation. I would say that there was more revelation of God given to Abraham than Adam. Also that there was more revelation given to Moses. And there was more revelation given by Jesus. And more revelation will be revealed when He rules on Davids' throne during the Millennial Kingdom. Those that adhere to a dispensational theology do debate how many of these separations are involved. Actually, progressive revelation is one of the cornerstones of dispensational theology.

Upvote 0

JWO

FaithWithoutWorks IsDead
Oct 7, 2017
Aurora
✟906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The modern evangelical Church has done a miserable job of sharing the Gospel with the descendants of Jacob.

This is true. We've been taught for 1700 years that we're the new Jews. And that Jacob will wake up when we leave the building. The Age of Grace, having ended, Jesus' Words will finally come into their own. Jesus wept.

But cheer up, Philadelphia will pick up where Smyrna left off. We just have to create more Philadelphians. Greater love hath no man, than that he give up his life for his brother. The raptured crowd won't have any part in it, obviously.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Well, there are not New Jews. Non Jews are grafted into the tree based on having the faith of Abraham, and partake of that root, but the true Jews are the physical Hebrews and have placed their faith in Messiah, as Abraham, Moses, David, the prophets, etc before them. The Gentiles are wild branches that have been grafted in to the cultivated olive tree, but they are wild branches and not the tree. Only those that are part of the cultivated olive tree and have the faith of Abraham and trust in the Messiah are the cultivated tree.

In the body of Messiah, there is neither Jew nor Gentile, slave nor free, male nor female, etc. So on a spiritual level, there is no distinction. On a physical level, only those that are physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are Jews, and only of those Jews that have the faith of Abraham and trust in Messiah are the "true Jews".

Everyone likes to think that they are part of the Philadelphia church (when most are of the other churches mentioned), but those that claim to be Jews and are not (replacement theology) are condemned. See above. Again, it is stated, in the church (body of Messiah) there is neither Jew nor Gentile. So those wild branches claiming to be the New Jews are not viewed too highly by Yeshua. It is in essence saying the YHVH does not honor His unconditional promises to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And if He can't be trusted to honor those promises, then even the promise of salvation for anyone else is on flimsy ground also.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWO
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some have come to call the present time period a "Dispensation".
The word is also used this way in some of the older commentaries, even before the time of John Darby. During April of 1776 Pastor Jonas Clark gave an eloquent sermon to his congregation near the anniversary of the first shots that began the American Revolutionary War. On that day some of the mothers, wives, sons and daughters of those men who had been a part of Colonel John Parker's militia, were sitting in his congregation. Some of Parker's men who had been killed by the British were buried in the church's graveyard. Pastor Clark used the word Dispensation during his sermon.

What did Pastor Clark mean in the use of this word "dispensation"?

When did this dispensation start and when will it end?

It is no doubt a Bible term...

1Co_9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph_1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph_3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Col_1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

G3622

οἰκονομία
oikonomia
oy-kon-om-ee'-ah
From G3623; administration (of a household or estate); specifically a (religious) "economy": - dispensation, stewardship.

The Greek word "oikonomia" refers to an "administration" or an "economy".

It therefore can refer to the act of administering as in a pharmacist dispensing medication and could also be used as a time period when the pharmacist dispensed the medication.

In this thread we will attempt to identify the point in time when the Old Covenant Dispensation ended and the New Covenant Dispensation began.

Joh 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Mar_15:38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.

We will also bring in the question of when the present Dispensation will end during this discussion.

Please avoid the name-calling...

https://weekly.israelbiblecenter.com/words-mean-anything/

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BAB2,

As soon as I get off here, I am going to officially ignore you (User Panel/People you ignore/ Type in BABrean2/Save changes). That way, nothing you have ever written or copy and pasted will appear to me. If you had, even once, said anything of value, I wouldn't do this. We have to get rid of you, in order to have any continuity on this forum.

Who are you preaching to? Newbies in the Word that you must try to help escape from the "scourge" of dispensationalism? If you're trying to convert dispensationalists, it's a fool's errand. Any yearling dispensationalist (Ac2, Ac9, or Ac28) can immediately see by your writing that they are far superior to you in their understanding. You'll never change them and I pray that any searcher will also see through your extremely incomplete, false Christianity.

It would be nice if the other dispensationalists also chose to "ignore" you. I guarantee that you won't be missed. I ignored you earlier, as a test, and it was amazing how much the air smelled fresher. You just wonderfully disappeared, at least to me. In fact, since you had the only post of this thread, the whole thread disappeared. Wonderful!

My opinion is you are a nice guy, a person who loves Christ, and a Bible believer. Your problem is that you have been misinformed down the line and, as a result, you live in a tiny, false, sealed box, with no escape, it seems.

I pray that you see the truth. I feel blessed that I'll never see your name or your false doctrine again.

Bye, brother.

Hi and in 1 Tim 1:4 all will find another 3 verses where where the Greek word DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIA is used !!

You will find it in Luke 16:2 , 3 ,4 BUT can not be translated by DISPENSATION as it will not make sense as STEWARDSHIP is to be used or MANAGER as you read the CONTEXT !!

One place where most dispensationalist , I believe have not seen is in 1 Tim 1:4 where the KJV reads GOD'S EDIFYING / OIKODOME as the Greek OIKODOME is MIS-TRANSALTED and the ACTUAL Greek word is DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIA and if in doubt check the Greek text and see !!

dan p

Upvote 0