Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Shinar ...

Genesis 10:10 ... And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar.

Babel ... confusion
Erech ... length
Accad ... strengthen ... fortress
Calneh ... ?

Zechariah 5:11 ... 'there upon her own base' ... 4369 ... spot ... place ...

not a literal base in this verse ...
Bab-el meant "gate of God", and came to mean "confusion [of tongue]" because of the happening of the confounding of the one mother tongue at the tower -the confounding of the tongue into the many,

The Book of Jasher tells the history and etymology of the names.
After the dividing of the mother tongue into 70 for the 70 tribes at that time -which, as the tribes continued over time to divide and scatter, the tongues continued to divide to the point of over 5,000 today- then men built cities named for particular events of happenings or their own names.

Jasher Chapter 10 - The Book of Jasher Published by J.H. Parry & Company 1887

chapter 10 5 And some of them built cities in places from which they were afterward extirpated, and they called these cities after their own names, or the names of their children, or after their particular occurrences.

chapter 11
1-6
And Nimrod son of Cush was still in the land of Shinar, and he reigned over it and dwelt there, and he built cities in the land of Shinar.
And he called the first Babel, saying, Because the Lord there confounded the language of the whole earth; and the name of the second he called Erech, because from there God dispersed them.
And the third he called Eched, saying there was a great battle at that place; and the fourth he called Calnah, because his princes and mighty men were consumed there, and they vexed the Lord, they rebelled and transgressed against him.

And when Nimrod had built these cities in the land of Shinar, he placed in them the remainder of his people, his princes and his mighty men that were left in his kingdom.
And Nimrod dwelt in Babel, and he there renewed his reign over the rest of his subjects, and he reigned securely, and the subjects and princes of Nimrod called his name Amraphel, saying that at the tower his princes and men fell through his means.
Babylon is not where the tower was built, as you see in Genesis; "they left off building the city and the tower"....that city and tower became "ruins" -and look in the land of what is now called Saudi Arabia, in the empty quarter for such ruins, under dunes.....and whereever you find them, underneath you will find a huge sinkhole has happened, for the bottom third of that tower fell into what we now call a sinkhole, and the middle was burned with fire from heaven, and only the top remained and it was a 3 day walk around it [my Son In Law says about 75 miles is a 3 day walk].

It is my opinion that Saudi Arabia was part of what was anciently called "shinar/Sumeria", and the stone worshiped by Islam at Mecca is the base set up as the stone worshiped at Mecca, and the mother of harlots and mystery Babylon is Mecca and Saudi Arabia.

http://shoebat.com/2013/05/31/mystery-babylon-is-mecca-not-vatican/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
in the Spirit ... God willing ...
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bab-el meant "gate of God", and came to mean "confusion [of tongue]" because of the happening of the confounding of the one mother tongue at the tower -the confounding of the tongue into the many,

The Book of Jasher tells the history and etymology of the names.
After the dividing of the mother tongue into 70 for the 70 tribes at that time -which, as the tribes continued over time to divide and scatter, the tongues continued to divide to the point of over 5,000 today- then men built cities named for particular events of happenings or their own names.

Jasher Chapter 10 - The Book of Jasher Published by J.H. Parry & Company 1887

Babylon is not where the tower was built, as you see in Genesis; "they left off building the city and the tower"....that city and tower became "ruins" -and look in the land of what is now called Saudi Arabia, in the empty quarter for such ruins, under dunes.....and whereever you find them, underneath you will find a huge sinkhole has happened, for the bottom third of that tower fell into what we now call a sinkhole, and the middle was burned with fire from heaven, and only the top remained and it was a 3 day walk around it [my Son In Law says about 75 miles is a 3 day walk].

It is my opinion that Saudi Arabia was part of what was anciently called "shinar/Sumeria", and the stone worshiped by Islam at Mecca is the base set up as the stone worshiped at Mecca, and the mother of harlots and mystery Babylon is Mecca and Saudi Arabia.

Mystery Babylon is Mecca, NOT Vatican | Walid ShoebatWalid Shoebat

well, every day i learn how ignorant i am on some things ... which is why i'm here ...

i've heard of Mecca ... but had no idea really anything about it ... other than i heard of it ... just read about Mecca and the stone ... fascinating ... it would sure seem it has to apply somewhere ... it kind of would explain some things i've wondered about ...

will think on the Babylon part ... for me, i tend to think how things apply spiritually and not so much literaly, i guess ...

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
is that an ephah the woman on the ad is wearing on this page? How did you get them to show that ad for this thread?

didn't get anyone to do anything ... quoted the post and it went with it ... ??? ... i'm guessing you mean the picture yeshuasavedme posted ... it's a picture of what she believes is one of the women in the scriptures i posted ...

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Zechariah 6 is where chapter 5 continues, so does Zechariah turn as he is watching where the ephah is being taken - to Shinar?

At the time of Zechariah seeing things for chapter 4, it seems he didn't get his question totally answered - so he asks again before that chapter ends.

4:3
"And two olive trees by it..."
v4
"So I answered and spake to the angel...What are these..."
v11
"...What are these two olive trees..."

Had the candlestick part been explained so far, but not the olive trees?

:) was so excited to see your post ... spent a part of last night studying the two olive trees ... would love to hear what you have to say ... have a goodly post on it to go, but was holding back for a spell ... ty, so much for caring ... bless you!

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You might want to consider Daniel 2:35 as to how empires become chaff when they fall.
Zechariah 5 is about a curse that flies over the earth. The size of the flying roll /curse is the same size as the porch of the temple built by Solomon. The job of this curse is to enter into a house.
The house of Shinar gets rebuilt by the ephah/chaff -taken back to Shinar.

i'll do that ... i so appreciate your wanting to stick to the scriptures ... am looking forward to the flying roll ... was hoping to have shown a good base understanding for the lady and the ephah ... there is so much in it that hasn't been included in the bigger picture a lot ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ancient, it was just a joke about the game ad near the top of the page, which is gone at the moment...

so...how can a woman be "in" an ephah?

that's a good question, Interplanner ... one has to 'see' spiritually ... NOT ALL things are LITERAL ...

about the joke ... i guess i don't get it ... punchline? ... i didn't see the 'ad' so have no clue ... probably a lot of people didn't see it, i guess ... anyway, ty for your post ...

Upvote 0

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think it matters as to if Zechariah turns or not as he sees things. At the start of chapter 5 why did he turn? He also lifted up his eyes back in 2:1, but never stated anything as to he turned first.
In chapter 4, at first he mentions seeing seven pipes, yet at the end of chapter 4 is when he seems to focus his question as to two pipes. So did he see more items or is he still wondering about the scene from the first part of the chapter? Were only two of the pipes golden?

Rev. 11 seems to link to the two witnesses as being the two anointed ones.
Zechariah 4 starts out referring to him as seeing a candlestick. By the end part of the chapter, he refers to the candlestick.

I'd like to hear from you as to what you have ready to post.

have to go, but will come back later and post ... :) ty so much!

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Zechariah 6 is where chapter 5 continues, so does Zechariah turn as he is watching where the ephah is being taken - to Shinar?

At the time of Zechariah seeing things for chapter 4, it seems he didn't get his question totally answered - so he asks again before that chapter ends.

4:3
"And two olive trees by it..."
v4
"So I answered and spake to the angel...What are these..."
v11
"...What are these two olive trees..."

Had the candlestick part been explained so far, but not the olive trees?

Zechariah actually shows the two olive tress in a later chapter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ancientsoul

queen of broken hearts
May 27, 2008
✟30,779.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
okay ... finally have a minute ... this is the first part ... i anticipate, maybe, 3 posts ... have to lay the foundation first ... so this first part is picturing how Israel spiritually and literally before they became two houses ...

and the houses of Israel ...

Zechariah 4:3 ... the candlestick and the olive tree ... And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.

two ... always represents witness in every place in scripture it is used ... more than one olive tree ...

Revelation 11:4 ... These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Psalm 52:8 ... But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

the two houses of Israel ...

Jeremiah 11:16 ... the broken covenant ... The Lord called thy name, a green olive tree, fair, and of goodly fruit: with the noise of a great tumult he hath kindled fire upon it, and the branches of it are broken.

Jeremiah 11:9,10 ... And the Lord said unto me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem ... They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel AND the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their forefathers.

note: BOTH houses broke the covenant ...

Ezekiel 22:25 ... the sins of Jerusalem ... the sins of the priests, the princes, and the prophets ... There is a conspiracy of her prophets in the midst thereof, like a roaring lion ravening the prey; they have devoured souls, they have taken the treasure and precious things; they have made her many widows in the midst thereof.

Ezekiel 20:5 ... the history of the rebellious Israel ... And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; In the day when I chose Israel, and lifted up mine hand unto the seed of the house of Jacob, , and made myself known unto them in the land of Egypt, when I lifted up my hand to them saying, I am the Lord your God.

He is who He is...

comment: the seed of the house of Jacob ... ALL twelve tribes ...

Ezekiel 20:10-13 ... Wherefore I caused them to go forth out of the land of Egypt, and brought them into the wilderness. And I gave them my statutes, and showed them my judgements, which if a man do, he shall even live in them. Moreover I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them. But the house of Israel rebelled against me in the wilderness: they walked not in my statutes and they despised my judgements, which if a man do, he shall even live in them; and my sabbaths they greatly polluted: then I said, I would pour out my fury upon them in the wilderness, to consume them.

comment: spoken to all twelve tribes ... the house of Israel ... not yet two houses ... Judah and Jacob ... not one house, but both houses ... ALL the tribes were in the wilderness brought out from Egypt ... not just the house of Judah ... and not just the house of Jacob ...

Exodus 20:18 ... But I said unto their children in the wilderness, Walk ye not in the statutes of your fathers, neither observe their judgements, nor defile yourselves with idols:

comment: ... fathers ... the fathers of each house ... Judah and Jacob ... still one house ...

Ezekiel 20:21 ... Notwithstanding the children rebelled against me: they walked not in my statutes, neither kept my judgements to do them, which if a man do, he shall live in them; they polluted my sabbaths: then said I, I will pour out my fury upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the wilderness.

comment: again, ALL twelve tribes ...

Ezekiel 20:24-29 ... Because they had not executed my judgements, but had despised my statutes, and had polluted my sabbaths, and their eyes were after their fathers' idols. Wherefore I gave them also statutes that were not good, and judgements whereby they should not live; And I polluted them in their own gifts, in that they caused to pass through the fire all that openeth the womb, that I might make them desolate, to the end that they might know that I am the Lord. Therefore, son of man, speak unto the house of Israel, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Yet in this your fathers blasphemed me, in that they have committed a trespass against me. For when I had brought them into their land, for the which I lifted up mine hand to give it to them, then they saw every high hill, and all the thick trees, and they offered them their sacrifices, and there they presented the provocation of their offering: there also they made their sweet savor, and poured out their drink offerings. Then I said unto them, What is the high place whereunto ye go? And the name thereof is called Ba'-mah unto this day.

high places = place of worship of idols ... they stood for Satan ... not God ... pagan shrine ...

Ba'-mah = Bannah -Baal i.e. Baal worshipper ...

Joshua 13:17 ... inheritances east of Jordan ... Hesh'bon, and all her cities that are in the plain; Di'-bon, and Ba'mothba'al, and Beth-ba'-al-me'-on,

comment: the high places of Baal, and the high places of Ba'al-meon

Numbers 32:38 ... Reuben and Gad inherit east of Jordan ... And Nebo, and Ba'al-me'on, (their names being changed,) and Shib'-mah: and gave other names unto the cities they builded. ... see verse 3 ...

Isaiah 46:1 ... the power of the Lord and the weakness of idols ... Bel boweth down, Ne'-bo stoopeth their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast. ... see Jer 50:2, Jer 10:5

Ezekiel 20:30 ... Wherefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord God; are ye polluted after the manner of your fathers? and commit ye whoredom after abominations?

comment: STILL speaking to ALL twelve tribes ... this verse is the exact depiction of spiritual whoredom i.e. harloty, adultery ... spiritually 'in bed with the enemy' ... made unclean ...

Ezekiel 20:32 ... And that which cometh into your mind shall not be at all, that ye say, We will be as the heathen, as the families of the countries, to serve wood and stone.

comment: serve wood and stone i.e. big buildings ...

Ezekiel 20:33-36 ... As I live saith the Lord God, surely with a mighty hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with fury poured out. And I will bring you into the wilderness of the people, and there will I plead with you face to face. Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord God. And I will cause you to pass under the rod, and I will bring you into the bond of the covenant:

rod ... shepherd's staff ...

again ... ALL twelve tribes ... Judah and Jacob ...

at this point both houses are still Israel and both houses have done abominations to make the Lord full of fury and wrath ... they have both broken the covenant of their fathers ...

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It almost seems as if in chapter 4 he describes only part of what he had seen and then asks what that part means. He later asks as to other parts he saw and finds out about that part of the overall vision before it continues with chapter 5.

What do you see as being the chapter 4 information in a later chapter?
I see chapter 4 linking up with Rev. 11 as to people who finish what they started, such as the two witnesses finish their testimony.

The two sons of oil have many names and are paralleled in many things.

Zechariah 4:6 '' This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ''Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit,' says the Lord of Hosts.

1st Kings 7:21 Then he set up the pillars by the vestibule of the temple; he set up the pillar on the right and called its name,'' Jachin,'' and he set up the pillar on the left and called it,'' Boaz.''

Jachin--'' he establishes''
Boaz--''in him is strength.''

These two witnesses were built with the mirrors of women to see yourself, and they witness against or for anyone who comes between them.....

The two olive trees.

Zechariah 14:4 And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which faces Jerusalem on the East. And the mount of olives shall be split in two, from east to west, Making a very large valley; Half of the mountain shall move toward the north and half of it toward the south,

Then you shall flee through my mountain valley.

The mount of olives is where Jesus was always wont to go.

It is his legs that are the two olive trees in representation of the two pillars named Jachin and Boaz.

But the legs of the body of Christ is with Zerubbabel and Jesus the high priest.

The two witnesses have many names, whether we speak of Moses or Elijah.

Of Caleb and Joshuah.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Do you posters and posterettes on this page believe that the NT has an organized message about all this already?

About what in particular?

We are just sittin here talking.

You mean about the woman in the ephah or do you mean our discussion on olive trees and pillars and the like?

Upvote 0