The voice of God and the devil?

FireHeart

Simply his Child
May 22, 2015
Oklahoma
✟17,101.00
Faith
Christian
So please do not think I am someone who hears voices whispering them to do something but I am going to be completely honest here and I need help understanding.
I pray and talk to God all the time in my head, we talk about all sorts of things including stuff I am struggling with or am worried about. And sometimes I can swear I can hear him reply back, it's different voice than my own and always seems to give such wise and encouraging responses but I usually discard it because I don't want to mistake my own voice and thoughts for his plus listening to voices in your head sounds.... disturbing and it can go over board easily.

Also when I am discouraged worries feeling weak ect. I hear someone saying things to me like I am not strong enough( which is funny because it doesn't matter how strong I am because I don't rely on my own strength I rely on God's I have literally laughed out loud hearing this voice say this) also just lots of discouraging things trying to put me down.

So.... what do I make of this? am i actually hearing the voice of God and the enemy or am I just crazy?

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
If you can't trust your thoughts or they are contradictory etc...
trust the Word of God.
Renew your mind on it often.

Are you having problems dealing with stress/tension?
Also...
Are you connected with: prayer partner(s), Christian mentor(s)
or in a church group/small group?

Upvote 0

Mister_Al

Jun 9, 2005
✟9,656.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God doesn't participate in much idle chit chat. You have to remember that when God speaks, what He says comes to pass. Usually He brings Scriptures to remembrance, or He might cause you to remember a circumstance that you went through already that was similar to one you may be facing now so you'll know how to handle it. Usually it's that strange feeling you get right before you mess up and do the wrong thing (still small voice). Don't get me wrong, I know God will speak to you in any way He has to in order to help you. There have been 3 times I can remember over the years that He spoke to me in an audible voice.

Just remember that God doesn't speak unless He has something to say, and then what he says will be direct and to the point. If you're hearing a lot of chatter in your mind it's the enemy trying to confuse you to keep you from learning the voice of God. But, fear not, when God speaks to you you'll hear Him and there will be no doubt that it's Him.

Blessings,

Alan

Upvote 0