Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is only one way to rise above the explanations by people of what is required for salvation. Yield to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Devote yourself to him and do all that he commanded. As you draw closer to him, he will show you many things.

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:23-26, 1984 NIV)

“When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. (John 15:26, 1984 NIV)

Upvote 0

Geralt

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
GB
Visit site
✟67,802.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
you have to list the 'theories', and i think you will be surprised they follow a singular thread.

There are many different theories
among Christians and even them written about in the bible
as to exactly how one obtains the Salvation of God.

How can I validate which one is the correct one?

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are many different theories
among Christians and even them written about in the bible
as to exactly how one obtains the Salvation of God.

The one that is found in the Bible is the way of salvation of God. All the rest just remain a theory.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only way that you can validate what is true is by personally studying the doctrine of salvation in Scripture, and rightly dividing the Word of Truth. Are you up for some hard work, some blood, and sweat, and burning the midnight oil?

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim 2:15).

A workman is equivalent to a miner in a gold mine, toiling and sweating all day to bring out some nuggets of gold.

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the doctrine of Christ?
The doctrine of Christ is the central teaching of the Bible. That Christ is revealed from Genesis to Revelation, and that because the Father and the Son are mentioned together, it is imperative that we believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are ONE GOD, eternally existent as three Divine Persons (Matthew 28:19).

Upvote 0

gWsany

May 16, 2015
✟15,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The doctrine of Christ is the central teaching of the Bible. That Christ is revealed from Genesis to Revelation, and that because the Father and the Son are mentioned together, it is imperative that we believe that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are ONE GOD, eternally existent as three Divine Persons (Matthew 28:19).
Do you have a covenant with God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gWsany

May 16, 2015
✟15,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 John 9 says nothing about a covenant with God. So kindly clarify exactly what you are referring to.
Here let's do it this way.
Do you have a covenant with God?

A. No, I do not have a covenant with God.
B. Yes, I have a covenant with God.

Please pick A or B.

Upvote 0

gWsany

May 16, 2015
✟15,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is only one way to rise above the explanations by people of what is required for salvation. Yield to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Devote yourself to him and do all that he commanded. As you draw closer to him, he will show you many things.

Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. (John 14:23-26, 1984 NIV)

“When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. (John 15:26, 1984 NIV)
How much do you love Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greg J.

Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How much do you love Jesus?
A non-zero amount. I don't know exactly how much, and if I did, I wouldn't know a way to communicate it to you.

How did you validate it as being the truth?

Personally, I don't need to validate it. I believe it because the Lord has proven faithful in keeping other promises of his in my life. Or as some people put it, what is taught in the Bible "works."

Upvote 0

gWsany

May 16, 2015
✟15,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A non-zero amount. I don't know exactly how much, and if I did, I wouldn't know a way to communicate it to you.
Let me show you
how you can know how much
you love Jesus and communicate
it to me.

Here is how your love for Jesus is measured.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Upvote 0

gWsany

May 16, 2015
✟15,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In fact Jesus went on to say...

John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them,
he it is that loveth me: and he that
loveth me shall be loved of my Father,
and I will love him
, and will
manifest myself to him.

Does this mean that to be loved by God the Father and Jesus the Son is have and keep their commandments?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.