The USA has a gun violence problem,, NOT!

Reformed Lutheran

Sep 28, 2015
✟8,604.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The outside of the American world, europeans, Australians, and others.. even some uninformed Americans themselves, think that America has a gun violence issue/problem . But the reality for most Americans and most American states is that people are living in peace with very very little to no gun violence problems.

here are some stats.. I list American States and how many gun related murders there are on average per year for that state.

Alabama - 136 gun related murder per year
Alaska - 12 gun related murder per year
Colorado - 88 gun related murder per year
Connecticut - 60 gun related murder per year
Delaware - 33 gun related murder per year
Hawaii - 6 gun related murder per year
Idaho - 15 gun related murder per year
Iowa - 18 gun related murder per year
Kansas - 78 gun related murder per year
Maine - 12 gun related murder per year
Massachusetts - 78 gun related murder per year
Minnesota - 60 gun related murder per year
Montana - 9 gun related murder per year
Nebraska - 39 gun related murder per year
Nevada - 87 gun related murder per year
New Hampshire - 5 gun related murder per year
New Mexico - 59 gun related murder per year
North Dakota - 4 gun related murder per year
Oregan - 43 gun related murder per year
Rhode Island - 18 gun related murder per year
South Dakota - 3 gun related murder per year
Utah - 31 gun related murder per year
Washington state - 86 gun related murder per year
West Virginia - 30 gun related murder per year
Wyoming - 9 gun related murder per year

Look Folks,, this is most of America,, we live in relative peace and have very very very little gun violence. Millions upon millions upon millions of people live in the above states,, yet most of these states only have a couple dozen GUN related murders per year. This is the reality for the majority of Americans, living in peace with little gun violence.

So why does the outside world think Americans live surrounded by gun violence. Well its main stream media, and holly wood movies portraying America as a place of gun violence mainly because of the select few BAD APPLES (states) giving the rest of America a 'bad name' and severely skewing the national gun violence stats.
Places like.

California - 1,224 gun related murders per year (in a liberal state that has strict gun laws by all means)

Holly Wood and a vast amount of main stream media resides in California,, yes a state with Gun violence issues. But California is not the reality for the majority of US states and US citizens living relatively free from gun violence.

Hey world, stop looking at California and look at the America that is the reality.

note: Stats were taken from Wikipedia, Gun violence in the US by state

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

Last edited:

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The outside of the American world, europeans, Australians, and others.. even some uninformed Americans themselves, think that American has a gun violence issue. But the reality for most Americans and most American states is that people are living in peace with very very little to no gun violence problems.

here are some stats.. I list American States and how many gun related murders there are on average per year for that state.

Alabama - 1 gun related murder per year
Alaska - 12 gun related murder per year
Colorado - 88 gun related murder per year
Connecticut - 60 gun related murder per year
Delaware - 33 gun related murder per year
Hawaii - 6 gun related murder per year
Idaho - 15 gun related murder per year
Iowa - 18 gun related murder per year
Kansas - 78 gun related murder per year
Maine - 12 gun related murder per year
Massachusetts - 78 gun related murder per year
Minnesota - 60 gun related murder per year
Montana - 9 gun related murder per year
Nebraska - 39 gun related murder per year
Nevada - 87 gun related murder per year
New Hampshire - 5 gun related murder per year
New Mexico - 59 gun related murder per year
North Dakota - 4 gun related murder per year
Oregan - 43 gun related murder per year
Rhode Island - 18 gun related murder per year
South Dakota - 3 gun related murder per year
Utah - 31 gun related murder per year
Washington state - 86 gun related murder per year
West Virginia - 30 gun related murder per year
Wyoming - 9 gun related murder per year

Look Folks,, this is most of America,, we live in relative peace and have very very very little gun violence. Millions upon millions upon millions of people live in the above states,, yet most of these states only have a couple dozen GUN related murders per year. This is the reality for the majority of Americans, living in peace with little gun violence.

So why does the outside world think Americans live surrounded by gun violence. Well its main stream media, and holly wood movies portraying America as a place of gun violence mainly because of the select few BAD APPLES (states) giving the rest of America a 'bad name' and severely skewing the national gun violence stats.
Places like.

California - 1,224 gun related murders per year (in a liberal state that has strict gun laws by all means)

Holly Wood and a vast amount of main stream media resides in California,, yes a state with Gun violence issues. But California is not the reality for the majority of US states and US citizens living relatively free from gun violence.

Hey world, stop looking at California and look at the America that is the reality.
Now how about accidental shootings and suicides? How about all the states, not just the least populated?
Cherry_picking_med.jpg

Upvote 0

Reformed Lutheran

Sep 28, 2015
✟8,604.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Now how about accidental shootings and suicides? How about all the states, not just the least populated?

suicide is not a gun "violence" problem.. least populated states, ? give me a break,, Colorado has 6 million people, Alabama has 4 million people.. several of the states listed above have higher populations then some entire european countries.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
suicide is not a gun "violence" problem.. least populated states, ? give me a break,, Colorado has 6 million people, Alabama has 4 million people.. a lot of the states listed above have higher populations then some entire european countries.
Shift those goal posts, baby!

whyteleafe-hamlet-2015-11.jpg

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟906,254.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,752.00
Faith
Christian
Places like.

Actually, the stats per unit pop show that it's the states with little to no restrictions on gun ownership that are the most violent. The stats from his wiki source, when changed to firearm murders per 100,000 pop, rank Louisiana first, then South Carolina, Maryland, Missouri, Michigan, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Indiana and Delaware rounding out the top ten.

Upvote 0

Reformed Lutheran

Sep 28, 2015
✟8,604.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the stats per unit pop show that it's the states with little to no restrictions on gun ownership that are the most violent. The stats from his wiki source, when changed to firearm murders per 100,000 pop, rank Louisiana first, then South Carolina, Maryland, Missouri, Michigan, Georgia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Indiana and Delaware rounding out the top ten.

The main point still remains -- a vast majority of Americans live in a world that is relatively free from gun related murder.

Take for example Alabama,, nearly 5 million people live there yet there is an average of 1 gun related murder per year.

The rest of the world watches the news and Hollywood movies and thinks that Americans are shooting each other up with guns all day long,, this is far from true

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The main point still remains -- a vast majority of Americans live in a world that is relatively free from gun related murder.

Take for example Alabama,, nearly 5 million people live there yet there is an average of 1 gun related murder per year.

The rest of the world watches the news and Hollywood movies and thinks that Americans are shooting each other up with guns all day long,, this is far from true

:clap: Thankyouthankyouthankyou! :clap: Some sanity in the issue at last. Now if we can just toss out the statistics and get down to cases, as in case histories, which should prove once and for all that there is no gun violence problem in the U.S.

I have urged the NRA to publish an annual gun death report containing the actual case history of each and send the results to every political leader in the country, and finally end the gun violence debate once and for all. Sadly they are milking the 'problem' as much as the politicians are (I dropped my NRA membership because of this).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey, where is Ohio? Where is Michigan? Illinois? California? New York? I notice that avoid states with cities that have the highest murders rates. Youngstown, Ohio has no gun laws I am aware of and people get shot up and robbed there all the time there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is a pretty sad state of the world if we accept any sort of death as "not a problem" due to its numbers in comparison to other causes of death. It is interesting what we find as acceptable collateral damage for freedom. I think heart disease is still the #1 killer in america, but do you see any huge movements to ban bacon from america?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,570.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
States are loosening gun restrictions across the nation, especially concerning 'concealed carry' permits. What do they know that the anti's don't?
Can somebody remember this the next time I hear somebody say Obama is taking away our guns?

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can somebody remember this the next time I hear somebody say Obama is taking away our guns?

I am really sick of seeing that nonsense on my facebook newsfeed honestly. obama can talk all he wants, but he will never take away your guns. lol

Do people understand the police state action and manpower it would take to literally disarm america? I do not think we have the money or manpower to even do that in a small town let alone a big city. Honestly I think the best way to deal with the gun problem is to enforce the laws on the actual criminals who have them, but such a step on personal liberty is a line nobody will cross. Door to door searches and cordoning off areas being searched is just not going to happen if you want to do it the right way.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

MerlinJ

Feb 11, 2014
✟9,268.00
Faith
Atheist
I don't know where you're getting your numbers from, but they're wrong. In 2014 there were 276 murders in Alabama, for a rate of 5.7 per 100k, which puts it slightly above the national average of 4.5. In 2013, there were 346, or 7.2 per 100k. These numbers include all homicides, but the CDC puts guns as the method for roughly 66% in 2013.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-4
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf (see table 18)http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Trying. He's trying to take away our guns.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
I live in a country which has fewer firearm homicides per year than many of the states you list, but has a vastly greater population. And I'm counting the whole of my country - including areas with high crime as well as those with low crime.

Kansas has more gun murders than the UK, with less than 1/20th of the people. Nevada and New Mexico even worse.

And this is from a list you've cherry picked, ignoring the states with the biggest problem!

Given the ratio of firearm homicide to population, I still consider many of these states to have a problem with gun violence.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0