Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem I have with most creation-science literature is that I find it promoted by individuals who do not have sufficient credentials in either science or theology, along with the fact bogus degrees are also often presented.

How would a sufficient credential impact what they say?
That's like saying your doctors diagnosis is correct
even though you know it's not correct, yet you have
zero medical training.
So you get a second opinion
which is rarely the same as the first.Most everyone has
gone through this process a number of times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd have to watch the relevant parts of the video again, but the latest DVD from creation astronomy adds additional information that you are not revealing here and casts significant doubt on what you have stated above.

But I have yet another "dvd" that says that you are wrong about everything. So... there!

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd have to watch the relevant parts of the video again, but the latest DVD from creation astronomy adds additional information that you are not revealing here and casts significant doubt on what you have stated above.
Well, maybe if you feel interested in summarizing some of the more salient points, we could have a discussion about it.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The raw nerve in these discussions is the hubris that most creationists exude. Without any real knowledge of the sciences they discuss, they will pronounce 150 years of science and millions of educated and knowledgeable scientists as being wrong, simply because the science goes against the creationists' preferred translation of the Bible. Creationists throw fuel on the fire by making such statements as "we are using the same evidence" when they are clearly not. It is obvious from the start that no evidence will change the mind of a creationist, which makes the whole scientific discussion a moot point from the start.

Science is still in the evidence-gathering stage. We have already reached our conclusion.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Science is still in the evidence-gathering stage. We have already reached our conclusion.

You reached your conclusion before you looked at the evidence, and not evidence will sway you from that conclusion. That's the problem.

Science is always in evidence-gathering mode, and will change theories if the evidence requires it. As it is now, 150 years of evidence supports the theory of evolution.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You reached your conclusion before you looked at the evidence, and not evidence will sway you from that conclusion. That's the problem.

Science is always in evidence-gathering mode, and will change theories if the evidence requires it. As it is now, 150 years of evidence supports the theory of evolution.

I agree there's something to the theory, but I don't know how it relates to creation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Not_By_Chance

Site Supporter
May 25, 2015
✟62,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I don't doubt that a creationist organization has misrepresented the science. That's pretty much their modus operandi.
I don't doubt that secularists are desperately clutching at straws in order to prop up their failed hypotheses. That's pretty much their modus operandi.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
I don't doubt that secularists are desperately clutching at straws in order to prop up their failed hypotheses. That's pretty much their modus operandi.

Clutching at what straws? You haven't actually presented any argument yet.

What did your DVD say about the cosmic background?

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Clutching at what straws? You haven't actually presented any argument yet.

What did your DVD say about the cosmic background?
He's doing a thing, where he just mirrors exactly what people say back to him. It's not a winning strategy in Go or Chess, but in Debate it's... something else.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0