Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gerald Ford said that Ronald Reagan was unelectable. George H.W. Bush said that Ronald Reagan was unelectable. The entire Republican establishment thought Ronald Reagan was unelectable because they were governed and informed by the Goldwater landslide defeat. That’s what they think will happen to Newt Gingrich. READ MORE »

sea oat

Jul 30, 2010
✟8,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Excuse me? We "need" Gingrich like we need a hole in the head.

And comparing Gingrich to David in the story of David and Goliath?

Yeah, maybe if David was Goliath's ungrateful, spoiled, wealthy, and power-hungry son.

I've said this before. I'll say it again. I'll say it a million times more until it becomes irrelevant to say. Gingrich is the epitome of a Washington insider. He is NOT the little oppressed underdog of the ferocious GOP.

The reason why some GOP strategists and commentators are saying the man is "unelectable" is because they're actually looking at numbers. They don't want another Obama term, and Gingrich consistently has awful numbers against Obama. For example, the latest USA Today / Gallup poll (which is respectable poll, btw...not some fly-by-night biased PAC calling people's homes) shows Gingrich trails Obama by 14%.

Sure, people can spin some tall tale about "liberal media bias" distorting numbers, or whatever other nonsense. But as for me, I'd rather look at proven track records. Those track records being Gingrich's decades-long political career that left behind a trail of failure, and all the reputable polls that consistently show that....yes, Gingrich is, indeed, unelectable compared to Obama.

Sorry, Matt Barber, but no cigar. That was a terrible appeal to vote for Gingrich. But hey, maybe you can zero in on a better target audience, and write a letter to Sheldon Adelson and ask him to throw another $5 million at your candidate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sea oat

Jul 30, 2010
✟8,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And another thing. Why isn't Santorum, who has very little baggage, and a rather Orthodox conservative view on things, getting more love from more Christian bloggers and commentators? He also did very well for himself in the Florida debate, and slaughtered both Gingrich and Romney on points like the healthcare mandate.

Is it because some people, like this pro-Gingrich writer, find him.....UNELECTABLE, and thus not worthy of writing about?

Last edited:
Upvote 0