Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
How important is the truth? Does it matter what we believe?

A friend told me years ago that the falling away spoken of in Scripture will be a falling away from sound doctrine. There is much unsound doctrine being taught these days. People are listening to whatever they want, not giving much thought about what they are hearing.

The Bible says that because people have itching ears, they will heap to themselves teachers who will tell them what they want to hear. The Bible also says to take heed what you hear.

Not everything that is being taught these days is sound doctrine, based on God’s holy written word. We are to study it for ourselves and be able to rightly divide it. Not everyone does that.

Do we really want God’s will in our lives? We can study, prayerfully considering what is written so that we can understand how to apply it to our lives. Many skip this important step – of study – or they study it for the wrong reason.

If we will study God’s word so that we are able to understand God’s will and how to apply it to our lives, and then do it, we will then be doing His will.

There are parts of God’s word that apply to my life that are not for everyone to apply, and parts for another that are not for me. Not everyone is called to do the same work, but we are all called to study God’s word in order to understand it and apply it to our lives.

It is the truth that makes us free. If we will continue in it, we will continue in being free.

There is comfort and encouragement in the Scriptures. The traditions of man will make the word of God to be of no effect.

How free do we want to be today? It is our choice – yours and mine.

As we reorganize our lives, placing God’s word as a high priority on our lists, we will find how much smoother our lives go. If instead we choose to continue listening just to others, we will go astray. So also will those who follow us. If the blind lead the blind, they will end up in the same ditch.

As we prayerfully consider what has been said, and we study God’s word for ourselves and apply it to our lives, we will know the truth and be free.

References:

2 Thessalonians 2:3 (see also verses 10-12)
2 Timothy 4:3
Mark 4:24
2 Timothy 2:15
John 8:31-32, 36
Romans 15:4
Mark 7:13
Mark 15:14