• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The trial that has become a thorn.Read this and plz respond.

I'ddie4him2

Prince of Id, Matt's dad, Tatted saint, Got ink ??
Feb 2, 2002
You have just entered the twilight zone........
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having neighbors that are difficult or ignorant can be rough.
Can you give them a choice ??
Either get a snowblower to use or pay for someone to plow the road ??

hmm..lol. better today...only 24hrs to get over disappointment this outing...thats a record considering how big it was...but now I am ready I think to trust Him to move us, change my job, take care of us...the ppl on our access road have drug their feet all summer again and we still do not have a new snow blower to do the road with...I am more afraid of what the snow will bring than the changes the Lord wants to do.

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
:doh:sorry for grousing...things aren't so bad...I just let the pain win out over faith in Him sometimes and eyes on the problem and not on Him makes everything look insurmountable.

I have received so much encouragement from folks in the forums I should count myself blessed and be thankful...

Thanx again,

Greg

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We all need to vent and blowoff steam at times. ;)

:doh:sorry for grousing...things aren't so bad...I just let the pain win out over faith in Him sometimes and eyes on the problem and not on Him makes everything look insurmountable.

I have received so much encouragement from folks in the forums I should count myself blessed and be thankful...

Thanx again,

Greg

Exactly. Wise words there. :thumbsup:

Isn't that what we are here for? To help each other during these times when we are down and need it?!!

Upvote 0

pumanator

Veteran
Aug 1, 2005
✟10,032.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
As to the road...ppl who claim to know Him but don't help...I have a blower that I can use as I am the 1st house on the road...if I have the money and physical well being I would just do...fact is I used to until the body gave out. This will be their 3rd winter without removal...can't get a truck down and back up, too steep except for a tracked bobcat and that cost in one winter the same as a new honda blower...I am no longer going to worry about it...I have enough on my plate and God has provided for me if for noone else and that I am thankful for.

Upvote 0

I'ddie4him2

Feb 2, 2002
✟17,773.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It isn't fair to expect one person do all the removal.
If they refuse to help, Then let them worry about how they will get out this year.
Maybe it'll dawn on them to plan ahead or make other arrangements.

As to the road...ppl who claim to know Him but don't help...I have a blower that I can use as I am the 1st house on the road...if I have the money and physical well being I would just do...fact is I used to until the body gave out. This will be their 3rd winter without removal...can't get a truck down and back up, too steep except for a tracked bobcat and that cost in one winter the same as a new honda blower...I am no longer going to worry about it...I have enough on my plate and God has provided for me if for noone else and that I am thankful for.

Upvote 0

sono

Oct 18, 2010
✟7,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
<< I still have the struggle of thinking about the things that I can no longer do...the days of self-pity. Having to plan everything out ahead of time to know if I will be able to withstand that day or really hour or two. Ah, the list could go on and on!!! Oh, I guess I could say that acceptance is one of the big things that I have dealt with and have basically conquerored (most days. But on the up side.....I get to spend hours reading and studying the Bible--that had I not been in this position my time would have been used for all the other things that had to be done. >>

Great testimony, Pumanator. Mine in many ways, too.

With my chronic illness, I've found it is also sometimes a matter of accepting again and again because about the time I accept a limitation, either things get worse and I have to accept more or they get better for a while and I get encouraged, but then they go back like they were and I have to accept things all over again. /-:

Then again, I was formerly a person who liked control over my life. Of course, i never really had control - but I sure tried and fooled myself into thinking I could. So, though I don't say God caused this, He has certainly used it to teach me things I needed to understand about giving everything - my family, my sense of achievement and self-respect, etc, to Him. And as you say, I have much more time for reading and praying now. (-:

Upvote 0