The Tree of Life.

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Before I post a thread with biblical references about this topic, I would love to hear it from you guys..... My knowledge of the Tree of Life in simple words, is that it is located within the human soul. It is located in Eden, God's garden, our heart ;) "God's cultivate land" - 1 Corinthians 3:9

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no indication whatsoever in the Bible that the tree of life is located anywhere but in the orchard God planted in Eden. There is no biblical basis for saying that it exists within the human soul.

If you want to look at it spiritually, Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me". (John 14:6) So you could say that Jesus is the tree of life.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
There is no indication whatsoever in the Bible that the tree of life is located anywhere but in the orchard God planted in Eden. There is no biblical basis for saying that it exists within the human soul.

If you want to look at it spiritually, Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through me". (John 14:6) So you could say that Jesus is the tree of life.

What is the Way? What is the Truth? What is the Life?? Don't say Jesus, because we all know that. We Christians say such things whithout meaning...Do you know the Way to the Father? Jesus did, and so did the disciples after they asked him, "Show us the Father, so we may know the Way."

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi jeo,

So, I have an angel in my chest with a flaming sword guarding me from reaching the tree of life there?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Miamited, God did put an angel with a flaming sword !! You're right. But do you know why? Ask yourself, did God completely "close" Eden for Adam and Eve to NEVER enter it again??? No. He put an angel to GUARD the entrence. Ask yourself why?.......Eden is still open for those faithful, but GUARDED from all others who are not.
You can enter Eden brother..."The Kingdom of God is within you." - Jesus The Christ

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What is the Way? What is the Truth? What is the Life?? Don't say Jesus, because we all know that. We Christians say such things whithout meaning...Do you know the Way to the Father? Jesus did, and so did the disciples after they asked him, "Show us the Father, so we may know the Way."

Say what? Why shouldn't I say that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life when that's exactly what he said?

The scripture that you refer to is this: "Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be content.” Jesus replied, “Have I been with you for so long, and you have not known me, Philip? The person who has seen me has seen the Father! How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?" Jesus was astounded that Philip was so dull as to ask the question.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Miamited, God did put an angel with a flaming sword !! You're right. But do you know why? Ask yourself, did God completely "close" Eden for Adam and Eve to NEVER enter it again??? No. He put an angel to GUARD the entrence. Ask yourself why?.......Eden is still open for those faithful, but GUARDED from all others who are not.
You can enter Eden brother..."The Kingdom of God is within you." - Jesus The Christ

What is your justification for saying that Eden is still open for those faithful, but GUARDED from all others who are not? There is no scriptural basis for this. Adam and Eve were banished from the orchard, never to return. "And the Lord God said, “Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil, he must not be allowed to stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God expelled him from the orchard in Eden to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken." God is not a liar.

"The Kingdom of God is within you" is simply a bad translation of the Greek. Jesus would never say to the Pharisees that the kingdom of God was "within" them, as they were unbelievers who were openly hostile to him. The Greek is better translated as "the kingdom is in your midst", meaning it was around them but they failed to see it.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I find it interesting that in Genesis chapter 2:9- it says (to Adam only) Thus the Lord (Jehovah) God made to grow out of the ground every tree that is desirable to ones sight and good for food, and also the tree of life in the midst (middle) of the garden and the tree of knowledge of good and bad"

Now the question becomes were both tree's in the same place, right next to each other, or the same tree, because Eve answered the serpent in Genesis 3:3 "But as for the TREE (she specified only "one" tree) that it is in the middle (midst) of the garden (and she did not say the tree of knowledge of good and evil) God has said "You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it that you do not die"

Now why didn't Eve specify, did she know (the difference between the two trees) (if there was two trees)... Adam was told about it/them from God, but who told Eve, was that Adams responsibility? (also see Genesis 2:16,17)

Curious question isn't it?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is your justification for saying that Eden is still open for those faithful, but GUARDED from all others who are not? There is no scriptural basis for this. Adam and Eve were banished from the orchard, never to return. "And the Lord God said, “Now that the man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil, he must not be allowed to stretch out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” So the Lord God expelled him from the orchard in Eden to cultivate the ground from which he had been taken." God is not a liar.

"The Kingdom of God is within you" is simply a bad translation of the Greek. Jesus would never say to the Pharisees that the kingdom of God was "within" them, as they were unbelievers who were openly hostile to him. The Greek is better translated as "the kingdom is in your midst", meaning it was around them but they failed to see it.

Yes, it's in the MIDST of you, that Kingdom is at HAND brother, not everyone can SEE IT COMING IN THE CLOUDS, because not everyone can perceive the times. Everyone looks up to the sky where the birds have already conquer it, they look underneath the ocean where the fish have conquered it, they look within temples made by hands where man have conquered it, but NEVER within themselves, where TRULY the Kingdom of God conquers and resides. Again, these words of Jesus were truly profound. The reason Christians are AWAITING the coming ;) and wait an ETERNITY they will.
Remember, God created ETERNITY in our hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11
But no Christian can understand it sadly. Nether will you, if you keep looking for the KINGDOM in the wrong places.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, it's in the MIDST of you, that Kingdom is at HAND brother, not everyone can SEE IT COMING IN THE CLOUDS, because not everyone can perceive the times. Everyone looks up to the sky where the birds have already conquer it, they look underneath the ocean where the fish have conquered it, they look within temples made by hands where man have conquered it, but NEVER within themselves, where TRULY the Kingdom of God conquers and resides. Again, these words of Jesus were truly profound. The reason Christians are AWAITING the coming ;) and wait an ETERNITY they will.
Remember, God created ETERNITY in our hearts. Ecclesiastes 3:11
But no Christian can understand it sadly. Nether will you, if you keep looking for the KINGDOM in the wrong places.

You can believe what you want even if it doesn't agree with scripture. It's your choice. Show me anywhere other than this misinterpreted single verse that it says that God's kingdom resides in a person. It makes no sense. It is the height of self-righteousness and egocentricity to believe such heretical foolishness.

Ecclesiastes 3:11? "God has made everything fit beautifully in its appropriate time, but he has also placed ignorance in the human heart so that people cannot discover what God has ordained, from the beginning to the end of their lives." What kind of meshugganah interpretation of God's word are you into?

As for me, I am in God's kingdom; his kingdom is not in me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can believe what you want even if it doesn't agree with scripture. It's your choice. Show me anywhere other than this misinterpreted single verse that it says that God's kingdom resides in a person. It makes no sense. It is the height of self-righteousness and egocentricity to believe such heretical foolishness.

Ecclesiastes 3:11? "God has made everything fit beautifully in its appropriate time, but he has also placed ignorance in the human heart so that people cannot discover what God has ordained, from the beginning to the end of their lives." What kind of meshugganah interpretation of God's word are you into?

As for me, I am in God's kingdom; his kingdom is not in me.

In Hebrew brother.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Is the kingdom and the Spirit of God the same thing (in translation) as in further reading of 1 cor 3 in verse 16 ?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is the kingdom and the Spirit of God the same thing (in translation) as in further reading of 1 cor 3 in verse 16 ?

No. A kingdom is a kingdom, a temple is a temple, and a spirit is a spirit. They are entirely different things. We are God's creation (figuratively, his temple), and his Spirit lives in us. (There has to be a body, right?) We live in his kingdom by faith.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No. A kingdom is a kingdom, a temple is a temple, and a spirit is a spirit. They are entirely different things. We are God's creation (figuratively, his temple), and his Spirit lives in us. (There has to be a body, right?) We live in his kingdom by faith.

Except the spirit of God (Elohim is the first name that appears in the Bible does "encompass" in that all other creations of his, (man, sons of God, animals the earth this universe, God Spirit "encompasses" and all these "things" are part of his body and are therefore parts of the Spirit of God...

And the temple and the ark of the covenant were meant to "representative" of a vessel containing his entire spirit, which is also the kingdom of God, and we today (our bodies) (and especially Jesus body) are modern day "temples" for that spirit to inhabit. So it might be possible that our bodies could contain the entire spirit, and the kingdom under that, of God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...

Who knows?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

You just said it brother. God's spirit is not above our heads, or in the sky somewhere or a different dimension. It's WITHIN YOU. You are the most holiest temple there is. We Jewish people don't believein that, we still see the Temple as an exterior thing. Jesus The Christ came to show us that precisely, that we are a Temple not made with human hands. It is where God reigns his kingdom, from within the Temple, YOUR body, YOUR mind, YOUR soul.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You just said it brother. God's spirit is not above our heads, or in the sky somewhere or a different dimension. It's WITHIN YOU. You are the most holiest temple there is. We Jewish people don't believein that, we still see the Temple as an exterior thing. Jesus The Christ came to show us that precisely, that we are a Temple not made with human hands. It is where God reigns his kingdom, from within the Temple, YOUR body, YOUR mind, YOUR soul.

I agree. God's spirit is within us. That is scriptural. What is not scriptural is that God's kingdom is within us. Do you really fail to see the difference between "spirit" and "kingdom"? They are entirely different words in every language, whether Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, English, and...

This idea of the kingdom of God being within you is based on half of a single verse, Luke 17:21b. In the NET bible it says "The kingdom of God is in your midst". Here is the translator's note: This is a far better translation than “in you.” Jesus would never tell the hostile Pharisees that the kingdom was inside them. The reference is to Jesus present in their midst. He brings the kingdom. Another possible translation would be “in your grasp.” For further discussion and options, see D. L. Bock, Luke (BECNT), 2:1414-19. Being a Jew you should respect sound scholarship!

You should never base any doctrine on the contents of one half of one verse. Nowhere else in the bible will you find the concept that God's kingdom resides inside a person. Do a word study on "kingdom" and learn what the scriptures (plural) say on the subject.

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I agree. God's spirit is within us. That is scriptural. What is not scriptural is that God's kingdom is within us. Do you really fail to see the difference between "spirit" and "kingdom"? They are entirely different words in every language, whether Hebrew, Greek, Aramaic, English, and...

This idea of the kingdom of God being within you is based on half of a single verse, Luke 17:21b. In the NET bible it says "The kingdom of God is in your midst". Here is the translator's note: This is a far better translation than “in you.” Jesus would never tell the hostile Pharisees that the kingdom was inside them. The reference is to Jesus present in their midst. He brings the kingdom. Another possible translation would be “in your grasp.” For further discussion and options, see D. L. Bock, Luke (BECNT), 2:1414-19. Being a Jew you should respect sound scholarship!

You should never base any doctrine on the contents of one half of one verse. Nowhere else in the bible will you find the concept that God's kingdom resides inside a person. Do a word study on "kingdom" and learn what the scriptures (plural) say on the subject.

Exactly ! You just said it. Its not basing a doctrine on the contents of one verse, it's all in scripture. Again bro, 3 billion Christians see it in the clouds (figuratively speaking), not knowing eternity is in their hearts. That's why Jesus said the Kingdom of God is in the MIDST of you, because not everyone can see it, or perceive it. That’s why Jesus said that many will “hear” his kingdom parables without understanding what they say; and that many will “see” the mysteries of the kingdom, without perceiving what they mean. (Matthew 13:9-15) Brother, we as Christians need to let the Holy Spirit do the teaching, the problem today is that we put our wordly concepts and our own interpretation of the sciptures. Please hear what Jesus is trying to say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have said all along that there is a difference between being in the midst of something and being within it. I may be in the midst of a crowd but that is totally different from the crowd being within me.

So we agree?

Upvote 0

Jeo7

Apr 5, 2014
✟725.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll leave it at this brother.

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty." - The Gospel of Thomas

But of course, lets disregard this Gospel. Although it is known to be writen at the time if not earlier than the canonical Gospels. :) Let the Holy Spirit do understanding brother, not our wordly concepts.
"Who ever has ears to listen let them hear."

Upvote 0