The Ten Commandments - Obsolete?

SGM4HIM

Jul 17, 2005
North Florida
✟10,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You need to counter check via Bible study tools my friend, the Book of Revelations are all full of symbols & types which one needs to be skilled in interpreting scriptures Consistantly by rightly dividing the Word of Christ in order to bring out the Rhema Word of Christ to bring Life (the GOD Life that's full of the Power of GOD) into the believer.

What you've quoted above needs to be contrasted with:-

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Believes others here have contributed that Jesus's command to the new believer in Belief/Faith in HIM, that my friend also isn't 'work' nor asking much of the believer for it's written that Jesus is the Author & Finisher of our Faith (12:2) plus it's also written that GOD has dealt with each one a measure of faith (Romans 12:3) which is all of Christ's & NONE of you :p Please don't keep flattering yourself that it's all about you ;)

Regarding to your above statement, my Pastor have asked the congregation many a times if what's ever been used/quoted by Scriptures & christians have been subjected to test/ verification & questions? Which i agree.

Now, have you ever wondered if all the hetherns Religion on earth are filled with 'Do's & Dont's which is a TYPE of the Law of 10 Commandments?

Those that advocates the 10 Commandments knows NOTHING pertaining to the Holiness & seriousness of the Law or the repercusion pertaining to broken Law.

Jesus scourging till NOT 1 shred of skin is left on His body/ Jesus fell under the weight of the Cross not due to His weakness but ALL His muscles tendons were torn due to the scourgings (Not to mention that Jesus lost lots of Blood at the scourging post) & finally nailed to the Cross being suspended between Heaven & earth tells us that HE Manified GOD's Law or the consequences of GOD's Holy Law.

Jesus also brought the Glory of God's Law up to God's standards by raising the bar in stating that it's not just about external keeping, if one ever has any anger against another is akin to murder & paul also states that he himself was found wanting by Jealousy ;) Epistle of James eloquently states that if you fail one, you failed ALL.

When one considers all of the above, how on earth any can accomplish it? I know my scruiptures states that the best like Moses/david/solomon/samson just to name a few can't or failed big time. Now between GOD's word that's perfect & eternal versus yours, whom you think any readers will choose to believe? I know whom i'll believe ;)

Whom dead/living or will ever lived that be able to walk like Christ? :doh: Did it not occur to you that a christian life isn't diff to live, it's Impossible to live! Only Christ Himself can live this life! What you are advocating is 'A TYPE' of self Righteousness exactly like Cain!

Scriptures states that it's when the believer starts beholding Jesus's Glory that we're transform from Glory to Glory by THE Spirit which is NOTHING of you- very sad to disappoint you for I've noted that ALL Self Righteous advocators via self actions thru the Law are introspective & full of self flattery just like the Children of Israel whom died when 'Beholding' their bites versus those that liveed when they behold the Bronze Serpent mount on a Pole ( A TYPE of Jesus on the Cross Judged for the believers sins).

Have you read the accounts of Cain? Don't you know that whenever one goes to Daddy GOD by their own works/self righteousness (salad dressings as furnished by cain for it's from the works of his own hands) is rejected? Cain wasn't evil per say, he was fulled of self righteousness just like 90% of Christiandom thinking that they can 'Help GOD' & Steady the Ark by observing the 10 Commandment or 1 of the commandment. Actually know you not that all men are nothing which in & out of ourselves are also nothing? It's Christ that works in the believer the WILL to do for His pleasure hence sorry to say to you again, 'Please don't Flatter yourself for Scriptures isn't about you & it's ALL Christ's & HIS Works :p

Wow! :confused:
I was thinking more along the lines of Ephesians 4 especially around :22-24

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

msortwell

Mar 9, 2004
Gibson, Wisconsin
✟184,801.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
IF I MAY - JUST A QUICK STATUS CHECK.

Who involved in this debate is forwarding (or is believed to be forwarding) what is considered to be the Reformed or Covenant Theology view of the proper use of God's law under the current dispensation?

:confused:

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

gideon army

Am the Righteousness to GOD IN Christ by Faith
Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Wow! :confused:
I was thinking more along the lines of Ephesians 4 especially around :22-24

Yes i agree but was trying to show all a Typology using Cain (as per your earlier post) who is filled with self righteousness via the works of his own hands versus abel who trust not his own but placed his trust on the blood of the sacrificial lamb ;)

Eph 4:24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

What furnished above is the sum total of the New Covenant in that we the believers put on HIS righteousness which is a Gift Roms 5:17 & believe that we are eternally perfected by the washing of His Blood Hebrews 10:14 & never to rely on our works or self righteousness as justification for our self righteousness are dirty filthy smelly soiled sanitary napkins Isaiah 64:6 & whomsoever place his/her trusts in their own works are cursed even before they commence Jer 17:5

Going to a different sphere, does not mean it was a different gospel.

Acts 15:7 And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us, 9 and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith.

May i appeal to your senses & interlect to discern when reading anything plus scriptures. Please read the background of Acts 15:7 & why it was said the way it was said :doh: By taking things out of CONTEXT, one is con by conmen with bait/sinker/line/boots & all :p

Lastly to 'assist' you in discerening how to read scriptures, let me give you an example, you'll only find the parable of the 10 virgins in the Gospel of Matt :) Why?

Gospel of Matt is written to the Jews & has Jesus genealogy tracing back to David for in the seed/line of David is the prophecy of the true King of Israel will come. That is why you'll see lots of Jewish traditions & such mentioned in the Gospel of Matt. Pertaining to the 10 Virgins, 50% of Israel will be saved when Jesus comes back :) Gospel of Matt is also the picture of the Lion

Gospel of Mark protrays Jesus as the Servant hence there's NO Genealogy for you don't ask the servant his pedigree & it's the only Gospel that opens up with Jesus 'immediately doing this & that' plus it is the face of an Ox

Gospel of Luke protrays Jesus as the perfect Man hence Genealogy traces back all the way back to Adam which is to show that the Last adam came to redeem all mankind via the Perfect Man. It is also the Picture of a Man in this Gospel

Gospel of John speaks/protrays Jesus divinity hence the Son of GOD term is used frequently plus there's also NO Genealogy for one doesn't ask GOD His Pedigree :) Gospel of John opens up with IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3 which is also the Gospel with the Picture of an Eagle

Am showing you all of these so that it'll benefit you to know then learn how to read the Scriptures ;)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yes i agree but was trying to show all a Typology using Cain (as per your earlier post) who is filled with self righteousness via the works of his own hands versus abel who trust not his own but placed his trust on the blood of the sacrificial lamb ;)

Eph 4:24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.

What furnished above is the sum total of the New Covenant in that we the believers put on HIS righteousness which is a Gift Roms 5:17 & believe that we are eternally perfected by the washing of His Blood Hebrews 10:14 & never to rely on our works or self righteousness as justification for our self righteousness are dirty filthy smelly soiled sanitary napkins Isaiah 64:6 & whomsoever place his/her trusts in their own works are cursed even before they commence Jer 17:5

May i appeal to your senses & interlect to discern when reading anything plus scriptures. Please read the background of Acts 15:7 & why it was said the way it was said :doh: By taking things out of CONTEXT, one is con by conmen with bait/sinker/line/boots & all :p

Lastly to 'assist' you in discerening how to read scriptures, let me give you an example, you'll only find the parable of the 10 virgins in the Gospel of Matt :) Why?

Gospel of Matt is written to the Jews & has Jesus genealogy tracing back to David for in the seed/line of David is the prophecy of the true King of Israel will come. That is why you'll see lots of Jewish traditions & such mentioned in the Gospel of Matt. Pertaining to the 10 Virgins, 50% of Israel will be saved when Jesus comes back :) Gospel of Matt is also the picture of the Lion

Gospel of Mark protrays Jesus as the Servant hence there's NO Genealogy for you don't ask the servant his pedigree & it's the only Gospel that opens up with Jesus 'immediately doing this & that' plus it is the face of an Ox

Gospel of Luke protrays Jesus as the perfect Man hence Genealogy traces back all the way back to Adam which is to show that the Last adam came to redeem all mankind via the Perfect Man. It is also the Picture of a Man in this Gospel

Gospel of John speaks/protrays Jesus divinity hence the Son of GOD term is used frequently plus there's also NO Genealogy for one doesn't ask GOD His Pedigree :) Gospel of John opens up with IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3 which is also the Gospel with the Picture of an Eagle

Am showing you all of these so that it'll benefit you to know then learn how to read the Scriptures ;)

I appeal to you also..I posted it to show there was one gospel, it did not matter circumcised, or not. Is he a God of the Jews only, Rom 3.

By the way, your posts look like a kaleidescope,:) with all due respect, they look like they could use a little simplicity, and that would make it more palatable for people to read them, thanks! frogster.

Reactions: SGM4HIM
Upvote 0

gideon army

Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I appeal to you also..I posted it to show there was one gospel, it did not matter circumcised, or not. Is he a God of the Jews only, Rom 3.

By the way, your posts look like a kaleidescope,:) with all due respect, they look like they could use a little simplicity, and that would make it more palatable for people to read them, thanks! frogster.

Humm, if you think that whatever that is written applies lock stock & barrel (ala thousand island salad) then does this applies to christians?

Matt 5:20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Enuf said & i rest my case ;)

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Humm, if you think that whatever that is written applies lock stock & barrel (ala thousand island salad) then does this applies to christians?

Matt 5:20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Enuf said & i rest my case ;)
Yes and how do tyou get that righteousness? Through keping the ten commandments? No! See the young rich man who could not secure eternal life by keeping the ten commandmensts which he testified he kept. There has been a change so that we might secure that righteousness by faith only. The law made no one righteous for all have violated the law which only condemns and does not give life.

bugkiller
927154.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

gideon army

Dec 3, 2009
This Side of Heaven
✟8,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes and how do tiy get that righteousness? Through keping the ten commandments? No! See the young rich man who could nat secure eternal life by keeping the ten commandmensts which he testified he kept. There has been a change so that we might secure that righteousness by faith only. The law made no one righteous for all have violated the law which only condemns and does not give life.

bugkiller
927154.gif

No Contest here but i was trying to show the other bro here that we have to rightly divide the Word of Christ & not just take everything without 1st finding out

(1) Whose writing what to whom (Primary Intended audience)
(2) Why was it written the way it did
(3) Check the original word used (Hebrew/greek) be it verb/ noun/ past/ present/ future or continuious perfect tense

If these are not done then no wonder GOD Prophecized My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. (Hsa 4:6)

Upvote 0