The swinging 60s

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember Dusty Springfield - several of her songs.

As to Greenbaum, I absolutely LOVED that guitar sound that he kept right on the edge of complete sonic breakdown. I have always lamented that he did not have (or did not use) the chops to have a really intense guitar solo in that tune.

Upvote 0

SHETALKSTOANGELS

Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
NY
✟1,611.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I remember Dusty Springfield - several of her songs.

As to Greenbaum, I absolutely LOVED that guitar sound that he kept right on the edge of complete sonic breakdown. I have always lamented that he did not have (or did not use) the chops to have a really intense guitar solo in that tune.

Here's a very rare gem for you. It took me years and a lot of patience until I was able to get this cd from England.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I could listen to that Norman Greenbaum song forever, and even the copy by Dr and the Medics was fantastic too !
Ever hear Larry Norman's version? Unfortunately, not that good. It was the only cover I was aware of.

I like most of Norman's early stuff, but after surviving the plane crash and divorce, his musical creativity took a big hit. So I stopped getting his stuff after he completed his trilogy with "In Another Land." (his best album IMO)

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's a very rare gem for you. It took me years and a lot of patience until I was able to get this cd from England.
COOL!!

I wrote a song circa 1972 that has almost the exact same hook.

Upvote 0

SHETALKSTOANGELS

Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
NY
✟1,611.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I will have to YouTube the other person's version, it is such a great song, I am willing to at least try everyone's version.

The Mojos are great and while semi popular in England 50 years ago, I do not believe they are known here except by people like Steven Van Zandt who has a Sunday nite program here in NY, called ' LIttle Steven's underground garage music ', He plays some rare gems.

Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will have to YouTube the other person's version, it is such a great song, I am willing to at least try everyone's version.

The Mojos are great and while semi popular in England 50 years ago, I do not believe they are known here except by people like Steven Van Zandt who has a Sunday nite program here in NY, called ' LIttle Steven's underground garage music ', He plays some rare gems.

They used to play LSUG on Radio Margaritaville when it first started Used to listen to it all the time. That, Vintage Vinyl, and Bubba Whartz were my favorite shows on RM "Bubba Whartz" was a character in a series of stories by author Morgan Steinmetz about an old sailor and beach bum. The stories were dramatized like the old time radio shows and were funny as all get out.

Vintage Vinyl played a lot of lost music fro the 60s and 70s that even I wasn't aware of.

Unfortunately, when Radio Margaritaville got picked up by Sirius, Sirius made the drop all the shows that made them so cool in the first place and just play Jimmy Buffett music 24-7.

Upvote 0

SHETALKSTOANGELS

Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
NY
✟1,611.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
They used to play LSUG on Radio Margaritaville when it first started Used to listen to it all the time. That, Vintage Vinyl, and Bubba Whartz were my favorite shows on RM "Bubba Whartz" was a character in a series of stories by author Morgan Steinmetz about an old sailor and beach bum. The stories were dramatized like the old time radio shows and were funny as all get out.

Vintage Vinyl played a lot of lost music fro the 60s and 70s that even I wasn't aware of.

Unfortunately, when Radio Margaritaville got picked up by Sirius, Sirius made the drop all the shows that made them so cool in the first place and just play Jimmy Buffett music 24-7.
Well that is pretty sucky ! The more I see of people like Kanye West, Beyonce, et al, I long for my youth, I was born in '61 so became aware of the Fab 4 around 1966 and that is how I started being a music fanatic. I love Merseybeat, which is how I know some of these obscure English artists, some made only 1 or 2 songs, so there isn't even a cd to be had at any price.
:flatt:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Stick here or on YouTube I am dying to hear it !!!!!!!
Sorry - ain't gonna happen. I have had at least 3 sets of lyrics, and I ended up hating all of them.

It did have an interesting 7/8 organ solo though. Simple enough but the time siggy made it unique.

Upvote 0

SHETALKSTOANGELS

Supporter
Sep 4, 2016
NY
✟1,611.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Sorry - ain't gonna happen. I have had at least 3 sets of lyrics, and I ended up hating all of them.

It did have an interesting 7/8 organ solo though. Simple enough but the time siggy made it unique.
Ok, I tried !!

Upvote 0