The stronger man principal

P

phaneroo

[Luke 11:21]; When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace. But when a stronger than he shall come upon him and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted and divideth his spoils.

A man can never be preached out of weakness, addiction and perversion by laying emphasis on that which binds him. Already, the Bible says it is a strong man, which means that it has a place of authority and control over the house.

The only way that the strong man can be defeated is by a stronger man; not condemnation; not judgment but a stronger man. His name is Jesus.

Look at David. He says, ‘When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I’. Don't point me to my weakness, point me to that rock that is higher than I. Point me to Jesus.

He is stronger than drugs, stronger than alcohol and stronger than promiscuity. He is stronger. That is the only sure way a man will walk out of weakness because once he is on that rock, it doesn't matter the strength of the winds, that man will stand.

Scripture Reference

Psalms 61:2, Matthew 7:24-27, Psalms 62:2

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to a rock that is higher than I.

Scottmcc1

Whose Report Will You Believe? Isaiah 53:1
Jan 17, 2011
Kansas City MO
Visit site
✟10,105.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, with Jesus we can cast off the strong man.

Matthew 12:28,29 NASB
" But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."

1 John 4:4 NASB
"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

Luke 10:19 NASB
"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

Romans 16:19,20 NASB
"19 For the report of your obedience has reached to all; therefore I am rejoicing over you, but I want you to be wise in what is good and innocent in what is evil. 20 The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you."

Upvote 0