Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you the name of the show, when it aired and what station carried it?

jad123 said:
Faith my friends, faith. Do not try to make sense of things you will never understand. Adam and Eve, Noah's Arc, etc.

I just saw a show on National Geographic that somehow scientifically proved via the Y Chromosome that all men came from 1 man. I do not understand half of what they talked about. But I do understand faith.

Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

jad123

Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
The moon
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
david_x said:
Is your Faith not in facts? One is not without the other. Faith comes from the knowledge of the facts.

Prove to me beyond a shadow of doubt that Noah's Ark was not real. Prove to me beyond a shadow of doubt that heaven exists. Prove to me we were once apes. Prove to me that Jesus was the Savior. Prove to me that Moses did or did not part the sea.

By whose facts to you speak? We are asked to believe with a child like faith. I can't prove with hard facts that the Noah did or did not build an arc. The Bible does not tell me that it is a story or it is fact.

Upvote 0

his2ndcoming

Jan 13, 2006
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
:help: I'm shocked that some of you do not believe what the Bible says.The scriptures are God's words...Truth...

God said to Noah in Genesis 6:14-16, "So make yourself an ark of cypress wood; make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you are to build it: The ark is to be 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet high. Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within 18 inches of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks". According to God's Word, Noah built the ark. Eight people entered it and all humanity died in the ensuing flood.

Jesus said in Matt. 24:37-39 that the flood happened. If you can't trust Jesus, you can't trust anyone. As far as physical evidence goes there are numerous sedimentary deposits world wide which suggest a universal flood. There are countless fossil deposits world wide (For fossilization to occur organisms must be buried rapidly with sediment.)

Upvote 0

david_x

I So Hate Consequences!!!!
Dec 24, 2004
Indiana
✟21,439.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Prove to me beyond a shadow of doubt that Noah's Ark was not real. Prove to me beyond a shadow of doubt that heaven exists. Prove to me we were once apes. Prove to me that Jesus was the Savior. Prove to me that Moses did or did not part the sea.

Noah's ark did exhist i can't prove it didn't when it did. The proof for Heven lies in the fact there is no proof against, but human accounts to it's exhistance. We were not apes we start life as children! Christ fulfilled 333 prophices in the old testament made about him! If you were to look at the coral structures in the red sea you woul find that some have formed around a long disintigrated object that appears to bo a wheel, keep in mind that is a shape that does not occur in nature.

I can't prove with hard facts that the Noah did or did not build an arc.

Then you need to look harder.

The Bible does not tell me that it is a story or it is fact.

right, i think i'll put that idea in the closet with the easter bunny.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
cougtpt1 said:
The term is also used for the assertion that life can only be passed on by living things, in contrast to abiogenesis, which holds that life can arise from non-life under suitable circumstances. Although these circumstances still remain unknown.

I was using Biogenesis from the first definition of Life producing life. Meaning there has to be biological life to start another life and that means God did not start the life cycle. Going under the definition after that I agree.

OK. I agree with your definition but not your conclusion. If life can only be passed on by living things would it not be essential for God to start the life cycle? How else would it get started?

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
jad123 said:
Faith my friends, faith. Do not try to make sense of things you will never understand. Adam and Eve, Noah's Arc, etc.

I just saw a show on National Geographic that somehow scientifically proved via the Y Chromosome that all men came from 1 man. I do not understand half of what they talked about. But I do understand faith.

Not all men. All living men. And the common ancestor of all living men was not the first man either. He had siblings and cousins and neighbours and ancestors of his own. But out of all of them, only Y-chromosome Adam can claim that all men of the current generation can be traced back to him.

The others may have some descendants in the current generation, but they cannot claim to be ancestors of all of the current generation of men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cougtpt1

Jan 5, 2006
Washington
✟15,284.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
gluadys said:
OK. I agree with your definition but not your conclusion. If life can only be passed on by living things would it not be essential for God to start the life cycle? How else would it get started?

Exactly what I was trying to say so there for God started life and that is not biogenesis.

Upvote 0

gluadys

Legend
Mar 2, 2004
Toronto
✟31,520.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
CA-NDP
cougtpt1 said:
Exactly what I was trying to say so there for God started life and that is not biogenesis.

OK, but it does not exclude God from the origin of life, which is what I understood you to be saying. And I would not say that God is excluded from the passing of life from one generation to another either, so even when speaking of biogenesis proper, I don't see God as being excluded.

I would also say that abiogenesis does not exclude God from the origin of life either.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.