✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The State of the Nation: A Dictatorship Without Tears

By John W. Whitehead
January 11, 2016

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.”—Aldous Huxley

There’s a man who contacts me several times a week to disagree with my assessments of the American police state. According to this self-avowed Pollyanna who is tired of hearing “bad news,” the country is doing just fine, the government’s intentions are honorable, anyone in authority should be blindly obeyed, those individuals who are being arrested, shot and imprisoned must have done something to deserve such treatment, and if you have nothing to hide, you shouldn’t care whether the government is spying on you.

In other words, this man trusts the government with his life, his loved ones and his property, and anyone who doesn’t feel the same should move elsewhere.

It’s tempting to write this man off as dangerously deluded, treacherously naïve, and clueless to the point of civic incompetence. However, he is not alone in his goose-stepping, comfort-loving, TV-watching, insulated-from-reality devotion to the alternate universe constructed for us by the Corporate State with its government propaganda, pseudo-patriotism and contrived political divisions.

While only 1 in 5 Americans claim to trust the government to do what is right, the majority of the people are not quite ready to ditch the American experiment in liberty. Or at least they’re not quite ready to ditch the government with which they have been saddled.

The rest of the article is at the link...

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...te_of_the_nation_a_dictatorship_without_tears

Last edited:

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The State of the Nation: A Dictatorship Without Tears

By John W. Whitehead
January 11, 2016

“There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods. And this seems to be the final revolution.”—Aldous Huxley

There’s a man who contacts me several times a week to disagree with my assessments of the American police state. According to this self-avowed Pollyanna who is tired of hearing “bad news,” the country is doing just fine, the government’s intentions are honorable, anyone in authority should be blindly obeyed, those individuals who are being arrested, shot and imprisoned must have done something to deserve such treatment, and if you have nothing to hide, you shouldn’t care whether the government is spying on you.

In other words, this man trusts the government with his life, his loved ones and his property, and anyone who doesn’t feel the same should move elsewhere.

It’s tempting to write this man off as dangerously deluded, treacherously naïve, and clueless to the point of civic incompetence. However, he is not alone in his goose-stepping, comfort-loving, TV-watching, insulated-from-reality devotion to the alternate universe constructed for us by the Corporate State with its government propaganda, pseudo-patriotism and contrived political divisions.

While only 1 in 5 Americans claim to trust the government to do what is right, the majority of the people are not quite ready to ditch the American experiment in liberty. Or at least they’re not quite ready to ditch the government with which they have been saddled.

The rest of the article is at the link...

https://www.rutherford.org/publicat...te_of_the_nation_a_dictatorship_without_tears
Valid points all.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The greatest fear of America’s Founding Fathers has been realized: The U.S. Constitution has been unable to thwart the corrosive dynamics of majority-rule democracy said:
demos[/I] in whose name it operates, benefiting string-pullers within the Establishment and rewarding the political constituencies they manage by paying off special interests with everyone else’s money forcibly extracted through taxation. The Founding Fathers (especially Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams, Madison, and James Monroe), as well as outside observers of the American Experiment such as Alexis de Tocqueville all feared democracy and dreaded this outcome. But, they let hope and faith in their ingenious constitutional engineering overcome their fear of the democratic state, only to discover they had replaced one tyranny with another.

Key idea there.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The President has the help of the opposing party (which controls one-third of the three-parts of the federal government). The President is in charge of one-third. He is also leaving office in one year in an orderly transition as laid out in the Constitution.

And some bozo calls THAT a dictatorship.:tutu:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Valid points all.
The problem is too many people don't want to know/admit what is actually going on (hence the lack of posts on this thread). What holds their attention is Dancing with the Stars and Survivor...

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem is too many people don't want to know/admit what is actually going on (hence the lack of posts on this thread). What holds their attention is Dancing with the Stars and Survivor...
The gentleman has valid points. However, calling the US a "dictatorship" is blatant nonsense as there is no "dictator" by any objective definition. Now, if he were to call it a "fascist" state or something similar, he would, at least be consistent with his argument. That is my biggest criticism, his simple attempt to get attention using a histrionic "tease" headline.

He is certainly correct in noting the level of ignorance about how government operates and the lazy mindset of voters.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The gentleman has valid points. However, calling the US a "dictatorship" is blatant nonsense as there is no "dictator" by any objective definition. Now, if he were to call it a "fascist" state or something similar, he would, at least be consistent with his argument. That is my biggest criticism, his simple attempt to get attention using a histrionic "tease" headline.

He is certainly correct in noting the level of ignorance about how government operates and the lazy mindset of voters.

More or less agree, but headline aside...

The article is true or so close to the truth that it is embarrassing and frightening to read.

There is a complete and total disconnect between The Constitution, Bill of Rights, Civil Rights, and Reality. It's like a carefully arranged hypocritical fiction we have all chosen to believe in.

A couple of years ago, I was walking out of a 7-eleven after midnight and saw a group of police officers harrassing 2 homeless men. I happened to know these homeless men personally. They were in their 40s, very docile, sane, and good natured. I've talked with them at the library and frequently gave them a dollar whenever I see them. Well, it was a cold night and they were huddled up by the building's vents on the side of the building out of view. Unfortunately, the cops were young hotheads and they ordered the homeless men to "move along". They complained that they had no where to go, the cops said move along or else and they pulled out their nightsticks. It was at this point the cops noticed me watching, one unholstered his gun and ordered me to go home and told me that I didn't want any of this.

I am ashamed to say, that is exactly what I did. I walked away leaving those 2 homeless men to their fates with the young hothead cops.

There is the fiction of the Constitution and a fair legal system then there is the reality that the Police can more or less do whatever the hell they want and the system will support them 99.999% of the time barring the ultra rare occurrence of something being caught on video AND making national headlines. For every one item that makes national attention, there are thousands that don't create so much as a blip on the social media radar

Upvote 0

Uncle Siggy

Promulgator of Annoying Tidbits of Information
Dec 4, 2015
Ohio
✟61,528.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
However, calling the US a "dictatorship" is blatant nonsense as there is no "dictator" by any objective definition.

My guess would be he's referring to his Executive Actions/Orders that are constantly being issued trying to sidestep the legislative process...

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My guess would be he's referring to his Executive Actions/Orders that are constantly being issued trying to sidestep the legislative process...
Which are nothing close to the powers of a dictator. It is simply histrionic bleating to call it dictatorship.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you have any SPECIFIC points you'd like to discuss, by all means, please raise them.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Iocane comes from Australia,as everyone knows.And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals.And criminals are used to having people not trust them,as you are not trusted by me,so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Upvote 0