Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or that He got pregnant and had children ;)

Do you believe that the HS became a flesh, blood and feathers "bird" at the Lord's baptism?

It's true that the Godhead (and in particular, the Son), has taken various forms at times (particularly in the OT), but when did the Father or the HS ever take human form in the Bible? I realize angels did/do .. i.e. Hebrews 13:2; Genesis 18-19). BTW, I have gone beyond just beginning to believe that all of the OT appearances of God were made by the preincarnate Son of God (i.e. John 12:41 cf John 4:24).

Yours and His,
David
I believe as it states in John, the Holy Spirit was in the form of a dove...one need not speculate further...why would it matter.
I believe that the Trinity appeared to Abraham under the tree before Sodom Gomorrah were destroyed.
I believe that "the angel of the Lord" in OT refers to Jesus.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe as it states in John, the Holy Spirit was in the form of a dove...one need not speculate further...why would it matter.
I believe that the Trinity appeared to Abraham under the tree before Sodom Gomorrah were destroyed.

All things visible and invisible came from the Holy Spirit of God, Satan and the Beast. The visible "dove" came from Christ but most everything else visible in the world including the flesh of man came from Satan and the Beast.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay; tell me, who can control the length of days in Genesis 1. Only God, as seen in 2 Peter 3:8.
The "Not at all" is in response to your question, "do you want to reconsider"
Length of days is referring to salvation in that Proverb you quote. You are knitting two truths together and one does not follow the other. Proverbs...feminine...God therefore feminine. No, proverbs is not speaking of the Holy Spirit there.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All things visible and invisible came from the Holy Spirit of God, Satan and the Beast. The visible "dove" came from Christ but most everything else visible in the world including the flesh of man came from Satan and the Beast.

I would not state it that way...we simply call it as Scripture says. God created man, Satan did not create man. The dove IS the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove...the three persons are one so you could loosely say you are correct in saying it came from Jesus, but more accurately stated that the Dove came from the Holy Spirit.
The earth is the Lord's and everything in it (Psalm 24:1 and I Corinthians 10:26)...one of the temptations of Satan in fact was to have Jesus attribute it all to him/Satan. The Lord created the earth out of nothing.
We always get ourselves in trouble when we try to make general statements about such things in the Bible. Call it as it is, passage by passage, bit by bit.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would not state it that way...we simply call it as Scripture says. God created man, Satan did not create man. The dove IS the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove...the three persons are one so you could loosely say you are correct in saying it came from Jesus, but more accurately stated that the Dove came from the Holy Spirit.
The earth is the Lord's and everything in it (Psalm 24:1 and I Corinthians 10:26)...one of the temptations of Satan in fact was to have Jesus attribute it all to him/Satan. The Lord created the earth out of nothing.
We always get ourselves in trouble when we try to make general statements about such things in the Bible. Call it as it is, passage by passage, bit by bit.

Only those who listen to the Holy Spirit of God will learn what the Truth is. All other will only listen to their own interpretations of what they read in the Bible.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only those who listen to the Holy Spirit of God will learn what the Truth is. All other will only listen to their own interpretations of what they read in the Bible.
And all who read the Bible are hearing the voice of God.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And all who read the Bible are hearing the voice of God.

The only difference between listening to the voice of God and obeying his commands and those who read the Bible thinking it's the voice of God is that the Bible cannot tell whether or not a liar is reading it. Those who preach the Gospel of God can easily see and hear the liar who is trying to use his own interpretations of what he reads in the Bible as being false.

God can stare right into the eyes of a liar and tell the liar that he's a liar. The Bible cannot do that.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only difference between listening to the voice of God and obeying his commands and those who read the Bible thinking it's the voice of God is that the Bible cannot tell whether or not a liar is reading it. Those who preach the Gospel of God can easily see and hear the liar who is trying to use his own interpretations of what he reads in the Bible as being false.

God can stare right into the eyes of a liar and tell the liar that he's a liar. The Bible cannot do that.
If you are not reading and preaching the Bible tell me just how you are determining who is speaking through you: the voice of God or the voice of Satan.
It is the Word of God that makes us holy, right and true... John 17:17

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are not reading and preaching the Bible tell me just how you are determining who is speaking through you: the voice of God or the voice of Satan.
It is the Word of God that makes us holy, right and true... John 17:17

No Christian understands what the Word of God is. They think it's a book with words in it.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No Christian understands what the Word of God is. They think it's a book with words in it.
While I am sure there could be some group of people labeled Christians who might think such a thing, even a casual reading of posts at CF demonstrates this statement is false. Unless we redefine "Non-demonational" in a way CF does not, the statement also excludes any follower of Christ "understands", which I would think excludes even the person writing that post..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
While I am sure there could be some group of people labeled Christians who might think such a thing, even a casual reading of posts at CF demonstrates this statement is false. Unless we redefine "Non-demonational" in a way CF does not, the statement also excludes any follower of Christ "understands", which I would think excludes even the person writing that post..

This statement I typed from the words formed in my mind from the Holy Spirit is a correct statement about the visible flesh named Christians who think the visible Bibles are real, too. However, it isn't correct about chosen born again believers who call their flesh Christians. They listen to the invisible spirit called the Word of God and learn what the symbolic name for the spirit of God is called the Word of God.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

I preach the same Word of God that Jesus and all the rest of God's servants preached until our flesh is killed by the heathens who think the scriptures are the way to the Truth.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This statement I typed from the words formed in my mind from the Holy Spirit is a correct statement about the visible flesh named Christians who think the visible Bibles are real, too. However, it isn't correct about chosen born again believers who call their flesh Christians. They listen to the invisible spirit called the Word of God and learn what the symbolic name for the spirit of God is called the Word of God.

John 1
1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

I preach the same Word of God that Jesus and all the rest of God's servants preached until our flesh is killed by the heathens who think the scriptures are the way to the Truth.
Thanks for clarifying is all I can say I guess.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for clarifying is all I can say I guess.

Just remember this, whatever is visible in your mind's eye ( created senses ) will perish. Whatever is invisible in the spirit of God ( man was created in the image of God ) remains to experience a new heaven and earth. Man and God are of the same Mind called the Word of God and Christ.

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just remember this, whatever is visible in your mind's eye ( created senses ) will perish. Whatever is invisible in the spirit of God ( man was created in the image of God ) remains to experience a new heaven and earth. Man and God are of the same Mind called the Word of God and Christ.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I see words as meaning things and what is being expressed here as contrary to traditional Christian theology. Whether that is recognized or not is unclear as some of the ideas being expressed are not congruent as a whole - ex: reality is identical to God but He is still said to be a unique individual, Person - a knowable Person.

I have enough problems remembering things that I see no value in committing to memory or attempting to integrate concepts of pantheism or monism into our beliefs. Concepts which work to undermine Christian faith. Am happy looking them up if I cannot remember what they are.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I see words as meaning things and what is being expressed here as contrary to traditional Christian theology. Whether that is recognized or not is unclear as some of the ideas being expressed are not congruent as a whole - ex: reality is identical to God but He is still said to be a unique individual, Person - a knowable Person.

I have enough problems remembering things that I see no value in committing to memory or attempting to integrate concepts of pantheism or monism into our beliefs. Concepts which work to undermine Christian faith. Am happy looking them up if I cannot remember what they are.

The religious Jews were content with their own understanding of the scriptures too until the first servant of God came around preaching the only Gospel of God that exists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The "Not at all" is in response to your question, "do you want to reconsider"
Length of days is referring to salvation in that Proverb you quote. You are knitting two truths together and one does not follow the other. Proverbs...feminine...God therefore feminine. No, proverbs is not speaking of the Holy Spirit there.
throughfireytrial, you are thinking too much. There is no end to the truths in the KJV Bible. With each pair of messages, of the lessor light and greater light, you always have other threads using the same words for other reasons. Who can say what God is not saying. First I think you should work for a better understanding of what He is saying.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
throughfireytrial, you are thinking too much. There is no end to the truths in the KJV Bible. With each pair of messages, of the lessor light and greater light, you always have other threads using the same words for other reasons. Who can say what God is not saying. First I think you should work for a better understanding of what He is saying.

You will never find the Truth in the Bible. That can only be revealed to a servant who testifies to the knowledge called Christ during this 1,000 year reign of Christ.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Hi TFT, I've never speculated further, until this particular thread, which has more than once implied that the HS, who is, well, "spirit", became a physical being (and a couple of posts even went so far as to say that He became pregnant and gave birth to a child :eek:).

That's why it matters in this particular case ;)

I believe it was God the Son (or the angel of God), plus two angelic beings of some sort, as the text tells us that it was two "angels" who ended up in Lot's home in Sodom.

It could. Much of this is unclear unfortunately and therefore a matter of conjecture on our parts (cf Deuteronomy 29:29). Like I said, I have come to believe that most or all of the physical appearances of God in the OT were made by the second Member of the Godhead, the One with a physical body. For instance, St. John tells us that it was Jesus sitting on the throne in the temple in Isaiah's vision (Isaiah 6; John 12:41).

The HS did appear as "tongues of fire", so He can choose to be seen in some form (though I believe He remained in the form of a "spirit" in Acts 2), but of the Father Himself the Lord tells us a) that He is "Spirit" .. John 4:24, and b) that no one has seen Him at any time .. John 1:18.

Yours and His,
David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

John 1

John 6

Hi 2x4, I'm still confused about what you believe. You said earlier in this thread that true Christians are invisible. Does that mean you're invisible too?

You also tell us that the Bible is NOT the word of God, but then you quote it as proof that what you are telling us is true, even though you've said that the "truth" can only be received directly from God Himself.

So why quote the Bible at all then :scratch:

Thanks!

--David

Upvote 0

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, but just one thing; I don't know how "the Spirit of truth" is the Holy Spirit. I must admit, I believe there to be much more to this than you or I comprehend; at the present. Unless "truth" is an attribute of the LORD. That would answer all questions regarding the issue of male and female, for Adam in the image of God, Genesis 5:2.
It is an attribute of the Lord.

Upvote 0