Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟521,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A. First, I believe the Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God.
B. I get the idea the Holy Spirit is female by reading Isaiah 11:2-3, Proverbs 3:13-16 and Revelation 3:1.

I'd like to say that Monk's B is incorrect...faulty reasoning...here it is:
B. Get the idea the Holy Spirit is female. When God created heaven and earth, he made both male and female sexes. This could only be possible if God Himself had, within Himself, a quality called feminine. But that does not mean that the Holy Spirit Himself is feminine.

With God all things are possible.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit is able to take on different forms as witness the baptism of Jesus where He took on the form of a dove. This is the case with the Father and Son as well.
This is not my agreeing with the notion that the Holy Spirit is female...Jesus refers to Him as male as does Paul and probably others (Scripture references are available) and therefore so should we.
I do not know why wisdom and knowledge are referred to in the feminine, but we know we can rule out that the Holy Spirit is female.

Or that He got pregnant and had children ;)

Do you believe that the HS became a flesh, blood and feathers "bird" at the Lord's baptism?

It's true that the Godhead (and in particular, the Son), has taken various forms at times (particularly in the OT), but when did the Father or the HS ever take human form in the Bible? I realize angels did/do .. i.e. Hebrews 13:2; Genesis 18-19). BTW, I have gone beyond just beginning to believe that all of the OT appearances of God were made by the preincarnate Son of God (i.e. John 12:41 cf John 4:24).

Yours and His,
David

• Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Okay; tell me, who can control the length of days? And this pretty much defeats the concept of 24 hour days in Genesis 1.

Why does it defeat anything? God is the author of 24 hour days. If it was not He, then whom do you think it was who set the hands of time in motion?

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did you read the entire writing? Most people only read a few verses in the Bible and think they understand something but they remain confused and fearful and even jealous of those who have understanding much deeper than they have.
I am not confused, jealous or fearful; except I am in fear of the LORD.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why does it defeat anything? God is the author of 24 hour days. If it was not He, then whom do you think it was who set the hands of time in motion?
Oops! Strike that remark. I didn't mean to bring up the issue of 24 hour days in this discussion, other than to know; who you believe can control the length of days, as said of the Spirit of God in Proverbs 3:16.

Upvote 0

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree, the Holy Spirit is referred to with the feminine pronouns "she" in Proverbs 3:15, and "her" in Proverbs 3:16; from Proverbs 3:13. I believe the reason why the seven Spirits of the HS is referenced only in the masculine gender, is to include all seven Spirits of the Spirit of the LORD, in Isaiah 11:2.
What about John 16:13? It makes reference to masculinity more than twice.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think this comes from a familiarity with Paul's interpretation; or better yet, with his way of thinking. Anybody can do it!
I must say that seeing the text, leads me to understanding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What about John 16:13? It makes reference to masculinity more than twice.
Okay, but just one thing; I don't know how "the Spirit of truth" is the Holy Spirit. I must admit, I believe there to be much more to this than you or I comprehend; at the present. Unless "truth" is an attribute of the LORD. That would answer all questions regarding the issue of male and female, for Adam in the image of God, Genesis 5:2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Okay, but just one thing; "the Spirit of truth" in not the Holy Spirit.

According to the Lord, the "Holy Spirit" (who He calls, "another Helper") and the "Spirit of Truth" are one and the same Person:

16 “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. ~John 14

26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. ~John 14

Upvote 0

Brandon C.

crandallb311
Jan 5, 2017
Tallahassee
✟15,204.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Also, in Exodus 31:3 & Exodus 35:31, "the Spirit of God" is identified as: wisdom, understanding and knowledge, with "all manner of workmanship," to include might and counsel, and the Spirit of the fear of the LORD having special conditions.
If you are just trying to say that God is a female becasue of the things said about him, could be offensive

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
According to the Lord, the "Holy Spirit" (who He calls, "another Helper") and the "Spirit of Truth" are one and the same Person:

16 “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you. ~John 14

26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. ~John 14
The "Comforter" is the Holy Ghost, not the Holy Spirit; and because of the word, "peace" in John 14:16, I believe that Melchisedec is the Holy Ghost. He is king of peace, Hebrews 7:2.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you are just trying to say that God is a female becasue of the things said about him, could be offensive
I don't understand what you are saying. I believe the Holy Spirit is female though a network of passages which strongly suggest this to me. So far, all I have heard against this, is that the Holy Spirit is referenced with a masculine pronoun. I have shown how the Holy Spirit is referenced with the feminine pronoun, with support from a collection of passages. Do you have anything else to support your position?

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "Comforter" is the Holy Ghost, not the Holy Spirit; and because of the word, "peace" in John 14:16, I believe that Melchisedec is the Holy Ghost. He is king of peace, Hebrews 7:2.

If you had the fear of the Lord in you, you would have learned that the Comforter, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth, Spirit of God, Word of God, Voice of God, Voice of the Lord, Word of the Lord, the Rock, Kingdom of God, Grace of God, Love of God, Law of God, Breath of Life, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Christ, Heavenly Kingdom, and many other symbolic names you read in the Bible are the same exact thing.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

No, that is incorrect. The "comforter," is the Holy Ghost, not the Holy Spirit, John 14:26 KJV. See, that is the problem you get with using another version of scripture; other than the KJV Bible. You are not reading the Word of God!

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you had the fear of the Lord in you, you would have learned that the Comforter, Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth, Spirit of God, Word of God, Voice of God, Voice of the Lord, Word of the Lord, the Rock, Kingdom of God, Grace of God, Love of God, Law of God, Breath of Life, Kingdom of God, Kingdom of Heaven, Christ, Heavenly Kingdom, and many other symbolic names you read in the Bible are the same exact thing.
I don't need anymore names, just give me anything else that supports your denial of a female Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0