✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You have an active imagination.

Why did you not answer the three questions? Perhaps you only IMAGINE your fast ball - because it is not real.

GOD asked me these three questions. I did not make them up. He spoke WORDS to me and I heard them. He also said, if I could not answer these three questions correctly, I would never understand this part of the vision. The same would go for anyone. If YOU cannot answer these three questions correctly, YOU will not understand this part of the vision.

Try it again:

This was a vision seen by John LONG after Jesus ascended: WHY then, was Jesus not immediately seen at the right hand of the Father? We have a dozen verses telling us that is where Jesus went to be. Stephen SAW Him there.

WHY was the Holy Spirit in the throne room in chapter 4, when Jesus said He would send Him down as soon as HE went up?

WHY was "no man found" in the first search John watched for someone worthy to break the seals?

When you learn the right answers to these questions, you will find it was not my imagination at all: it was the TRUTH of the word of God.

I will give you a hint: the same hint God gave me, because I could not answer any of these questions: He sent me to chapter 12, to find the answers to these questions! While there, He spoke more words to me; I heard His voice and His words, giving me a synopsis of chapter 12. It was there in chapter 12 I found the hint I needed to answer all three questions in chapters 4 & 5. What am I saying? There is something in Chapter 12 that is similar...involving TIME.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why did you not answer the three questions? Perhaps you only IMAGINE your fast ball - because it is not real.

GOD asked me these three questions. I did not make them up. He spoke WORDS to me and I heard them. He also said, if I could not answer these three questions correctly, I would never understand this part of the vision. The same would go for anyone. If YOU cannot answer these three questions correctly, YOU will not understand this part of the vision.

Try it again:

This was a vision seen by John LONG after Jesus ascended: WHY then, was Jesus not immediately seen at the right hand of the Father? We have a dozen verses telling us that is where Jesus went to be. Stephen SAW Him there.

WHY was the Holy Spirit in the throne room in chapter 4, when Jesus said He would send Him down as soon as HE went up?

WHY was "no man found" in the first search John watched for someone worthy to break the seals?

When you learn the right answers to these questions, you will find it was not my imagination at all: it was the TRUTH of the word of God.

I will give you a hint: the same hint God gave me, because I could not answer any of these questions: He sent me to chapter 12, to find the answers to these questions! While there, He spoke more words to me; I heard His voice and His words, giving me a synopsis of chapter 12. It was there in chapter 12 I found the hint I needed to answer all three questions in chapters 4 & 5. What am I saying? There is something in Chapter 12 that is similar...involving TIME.

LAMAD

Don't know the answer to your questions. The second question....the answer could be the rapture happened in Rev 4:1

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Don't know the answer to your questions. The second question....the answer could be the rapture happened in Rev 4:1

At first, I did not know either. But I found out after God sent me to Rev. 12.

Rev 4
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

If we asked 100 5th graders to read this and tell us what it meant, I am convinced all 100 would tell us that God called JOHN to heaven so he could be shown things about the future.

To imagine this is the rapture is very slippy exegesis. In fact, it is a classic example of eisegesis.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At first, I did not know either. But I found out after God sent me to Rev. 12.

Rev 4
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

If we asked 100 5th graders to read this and tell us what it meant, I am convinced all 100 would tell us that God called JOHN to heaven so he could be shown things about the future.

To imagine this is the rapture is very slippy exegesis. In fact, it is a classic example of eisegesis.

LAMAD

If you told those 5th graders that in chapter 3 at some point there would be a door opened that could not be closed for some, and then if you told them in chapter 4 there were 24 elders with crowns, and if you told them that we know that 12 of these are apostles and then if you asked them given the information, when do they think these elders got to heaven, probably a handful of them would be smart enough to say in Rev 4:1.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Rev.4:1, "Cone up here!" definitely does not convey any "Rapture" novelty? :confused:

It states that John is not just to look in through the open door and to see what he may thus behold, but is to enter and to see fully and at close range. "And I will show thee the things that must occur shortly." :idea:

Old Jack,

Scriptures vanquish any "Rapture" theory. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
If you told those 5th graders that in chapter 3 at some point there would be a door opened that could not be closed for some, and then if you told them in chapter 4 there were 24 elders with crowns, and if you told them that we know that 12 of these are apostles and then if you asked them given the information, when do they think these elders got to heaven, probably a handful of them would be smart enough to say in Rev 4:1.

Is God not allowed to have two doors opened? Did John write that this door he saw opened in heaven would never be closed?

We DON'T know that 12 of these are New TEstament apostles: that would only be guess work. It is very possible these 24 are OLD COVENANT elders. It is possible 12 of them are standing in until the 12 Apostles arrive after the rapture. It is certianly not proof that the rapture has taken place sometime previous to this time. You do remember that in Matt. 27 some Old Covenant elder were raised from the dead? Perhaps it is these that were raised with Jesus when He was raised.

And I STILL doubt any 5th grader would think it was any other than John being called up then. After all, that is EXACTLY what is says. We don't need to use sloppy exegesis just because we are discussing Revelation.

LAMAD

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟18,297.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Is God not allowed to have two doors opened? Did John write that this door he saw opened in heaven would never be closed?

We DON'T know that 12 of these are New TEstament apostles: that would only be guess work. It is very possible these 24 are OLD COVENANT elders. It is possible 12 of them are standing in until the 12 Apostles arrive after the rapture. It is certianly not proof that the rapture has taken place sometime previous to this time. You do remember that in Matt. 27 some Old Covenant elder were raised from the dead? Perhaps it is these that were raised with Jesus when He was raised.

And I STILL doubt any 5th grader would think it was any other than John being called up then. After all, that is EXACTLY what is says. We don't need to use sloppy exegesis just because we are discussing Revelation.

LAMAD

I was tossed out of school for fighting during recess too many times in the 3rd grade, and they transferred me to another biggg school, thus 5th too high even for me. ^_^

Old Jack, still trying for his G.E.D ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Bible2

Choose Wisely said in post 264:

In Revelation 3:8 the "open door" meant Jesus had made it so the literal church congregation in the first-century AD city of Philadelphia in the Roman province of "Asia" (Revelation 1:11) could preach the gospel to the people living in that city (cf. 2 Corinthians 2:12, Colossians 4:3; 1 Corinthians 16:9), which evangelism could have eventually resulted in the salvation of the formerly unbelieving genetic Jews living there (Revelation 3:9b).

The 24 elders (Revelation 4:4) could be 24 chief angels, who, along with the 4 beasts/seraphims, have been worshipping God continually (as in 24 hours a day) for untold ages (Revelation 4:8-11, Isaiah 6:2-3). Just as the ancient Jewish temple on earth was modeled after the temple in heaven (Hebrews 9:23-24, Hebrews 8:5), so the 24 courses of the ancient Jewish chief priests on earth (1 Chronicles 24:7-18) could have been modeled after the 24 elders in heaven. God could have also patterned the 24 hours of the day on earth after the 24 elders in heaven. And he could have also patterned the church's 12 tribes of Israel and its 12 apostles (Revelation 21:9,12,14), together forming the number 24, after the 24 elders in heaven.

At the time of Revelation 5:8-9, the 24 elders and the 4 beasts/seraphims could be singing before God the prayers of the church (Revelation 5:8c), just as subsequently we see an angel offering up before God the prayers of the church (Revelation 8:4). So in Revelation 5:9, the 24 elders and the 4 beasts/seraphims can be singing words which don't apply to themselves, just as human singers on earth can sing words which don't apply to themselves (e.g. James Taylor singing the words of the song "Millworker", which are the words of a female millworker).

The 24 elders wearing crowns (Revelation 4:4) doesn't forbid them (as is sometimes claimed) from being angels. For if even the weird locust-like beings and the devil can wear crowns (Revelation 9:7, Revelation 12:3,9), then some angels can wear crowns.

Also, the 24 elders wearing white clothing (Revelation 4:4) doesn't forbid them (as is sometimes claimed) from being angels, for angels can wear white clothing (Revelation 15:6, John 20:12).

Revelation 4:1 refers only to John the apostle, by himself, making an only-temporary visit up to the 3rd heaven at one point during his lifetime back in the first century AD, just as 2 Corinthians 12:2 refers only to Paul the apostle, by himself, making an only-temporary visit up to the 3rd heaven at one point during his lifetime back in the first century AD. Neither verse refers to the future rapture of the church only as high as the clouds of the sky to hold a meeting in the air with Jesus at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Matthew 24:29-31, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

shturt678s said in post 265:

Scriptures vanquish any "Rapture" theory.

The English word "rapture" is derived from the root of the Latin word "rapiemur", which is how the old Latin (Vulgate) translation of the Bible translated the original Greek word (harpazo) translated as "caught up" in 1 Thessalonians 4:17. So the "rapture" is the church's being "caught up together" to Jesus at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17), which is the same as the church's being "gathered together" to Jesus at his 2nd coming (2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:3), which will occur immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Christians need to be wary of the mistaken idea that no rapture will occur at Jesus' 2nd coming. For such an idea could be employed in the future by the Antichrist's False Prophet (of Revelation 19:20, Revelation 13:13-15) to fool some Christians into thinking that Jesus' 2nd coming has happened (Matthew 24:23-26) without Jesus having to have raptured (caught up together/gathered together) the church to hold a meeting in the sky with him at his 2nd coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:1, Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:3).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums