The second coming of Jesus Christ is LITERAL, not figurative, metaphoric, nor private

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Take a look at the NASB at John 21:14 where it tells us Jesus manifested Himself three times. One of course was at the fish feed of John 21, there were two other times... those two other times were when He showed the wounds. Jesus was non-spirit on those three occasions other than that Jesus is a spirit as Paul tells us in 1 COR 15:45.

Justme

Jesus is not a spirit. He was a bodiless spirit only when he was dead for 3 days. Paul said Christ was made a re-vitalizing spirit, that's at birth but has nothing do with with bodiless spirits. It means Christ's spirit was able to re-vitalize others.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
The new glorified body is not flesh and bone. Flesh and bone cannot inherit the kingdom of God,

It will be a new kind of body, that is imperishable. It may resemble our previous body and face, just as Jesus' new body resembled his previous body, however, this remains a mystery, as we do not know this detail as to what exactly the elect will look like, as we even affirm here,

You are correct here. John saw Jesus as He was in that flesh and bone manifestation, yet Joh tells us he didn't know what we become. SO the flesh and bone example can not be it....
1 COR 15:49 tells us that we will bear the image of the heavenly man, the heavenly man is inviible Col 1;15, 1 Tim 1:17 .All things in heaven are unseen as 2 COR 4:198 says. Things invisible and unseen are spiritual as we will be as 1 COR 15:44 says.

Justme

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems that you are right, so I therefore stand corrected, yet the fact remains that this new flesh and bones is imperishable and does not grow old. Do you agree?

Of course.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You are correct here. John saw Jesus as He was in that flesh and bone manifestation, yet Joh tells us he didn't know what we become. SO the flesh and bone example can not be it....

Of course it can. While John didn't know it, Paul was given the knowledge:

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Of course it can. While John didn't know it, Paul was given the knowledge:

Php 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

You quote a lot of the verses which prove my point. Jesus became a spirit, 1 COR 15:45. That is what the verse says. What kind of a spirit? A life giving spirit. NIV.

Look at your other quoted verses..
Phil 3:21 says we will have a body like Jesus!!!!!!!!!!
1 COR 15:45 tells us Jesus became a spirit.....
1 COR 15:44 says we are raised a spiritual body...

John couldn't possibly KNOW what a spiritual body looks like because John was mortal and alive when He witnessed Jesus come back to life and therefore could NOT see Jesus as a spirit. God granted that the spirit Jesus in the tomb become visible so the witnesses could see Him.
How can anyone SEE Jesus when all things eternal are unseen, 2 COR 4:18??

You all ASSUME Jesus left physical in Acts 1.... He did not, He was a spirit in a spiritual or heavenly body and proof of that is clear as Jesus appeared to Paul near Damascus, Acts 9, none of the men with Paul saw Him as He was talking to Paul. Jesus is in my church every Sunday and nobody sees Him... because Jesus is a spirit.

Certain denominations argue that Jesus will some day physically return to planet earth...He will not. He returns to each and every person as 2 COR 5:10 says, but AFTER their death, Hebrews 9:27 and by our words we are acquitted or condemned, Matthew 12:37, and if we are judged favorably Jesus will take us to heaven where we are given the new heavenly, spiritual, invisible to mortals for us for eternity. 2 COR 5:1.
Justme

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now after all the verses you have quoted to try to change the meaning of what 2 COR 5:1 actually says, let' check Paul out again.....

1 COR 15 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. He has not yet delivered the Kingdom to God: There is the promise of eternal life which we have as we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit.1 Peter 1
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,
I missed this question you asked... Now why would you hope for something if you already had it? And can you show where on earth is hisKkingdom?
His kingdom is not on earth it is in heaven. We have the promise of the kingdom ( the earthy connection) which is within us..... The indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
Here John plainly tells us His eternal kingdom is not of this world.
John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
Justme There is the promise of eternal life which we have as we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit.1 Peter 1
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, until the resurrection
Is 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Ps 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

NOW for your second question:
John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this order of things. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is not from this order of things.
Act 1:6 So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"
The object of the disciples’ question seems to have been this: to gain information, from their all-knowing Master, whether the time was now fully come, in which the Romans should be thrust out, and Israel made, as formerly, an independent kingdom. But though the verb αποκαθιστανειν signifies to reinstate, to renew, to restore to a former state or master, of which numerous examples occur in the best Greek writers
Lord, Wilt thou at this time destroy the Jewish commonwealth, which opposes thy truth, that thy kingdom may be set up over all the land? This interpretation agrees well with all the parts of our Lord’s answer, and with all circumstances of the disciples, of time, and of place [CLARKE]
Mat 6:10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Lk 13:29 And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God
AND THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH! .

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That is one more verse that reconciles with the eternity IN heaven.... not of this world. Justme
There is the promise of eternal life which we have as we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit.1 Peter 1
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,
Is 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
Ps 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
Act 1:6 So when they had come together, they asked him, "Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?"
The object of the disciples’ question seems to have been this: to gain information, from their all-knowing Master, whether the time was now fully come, in which the Romans should be thrust out, and Israel made, as formerly, an independent kingdom. But though the verb αποκαθιστανειν signifies to reinstate, to renew, to restore to a former state or master, of which numerous examples occur in the best Greek writers [CLARKE]
Lord, Wilt thou at this time destroy the Jewish commonwealth, which opposes thy truth, that thy kingdom may be set up over all the land? This interpretation agrees well with all the parts of our Lord’s answer, and with all circumstances of the disciples, of time, and of place [CLARKE]
Luk 13:29 And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Luk 13:29 And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God.

Your will or WISHES will be done on earth as your WISHES are done in heaven.

To this new and operational heaven people will come into it from all over. We all can inherit eternal life IN heaven simply by believing in Him.
Do you suppose you will ever deal with the actual verses I have presented to you or are you just going to continue to try to prove then wrong?

Justme

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You all ASSUME Jesus left physical in Acts 1.... He did not, He was a spirit in a spiritual or heavenly body and proof of that is clear as Jesus appeared to Paul near Damascus, Acts 9, none of the men with Paul saw Him as He was talking to Paul. Jesus is in my church every Sunday and nobody sees Him... because Jesus is a spirit.

The scriptures prove Jesus is not a bodiless spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
The scriptures prove Jesus is not a bodiless spirit.

Jesus has a body, just not a physical or earthly body. Jesus has a spiritual or invisible to mortals body. Jesus is exactly what we will be. John tells us we don't know precisely what that is but it is heavenly , spiritual or unseen... a all eternal things are....2 COR 4:18.

It begins in the tomb...
Acts 10:40 NASB
40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible,
For God to have to grant that Jesus become VISIBLE, He had to be invisible/

41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead.
God did not grant that ALL people be able to see Jesus, only the witnesses needed to prove to all of us that there is life after death. The guards, for instance, could not see Jesus and they were sent there for that exact purpose.

Jesus' disciples played with Jesus feet here:
Matt 28
9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.
Yet they asked to see the wounds...!!! Well, Jesus as made visible by God obviously did not have wounds to show them so He manifested Himself as He was after the cross to show to the disciples..
John 21
14 This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to the disciples, after He was raised from the dead.
That explains why Jesus was non-spirit as He showed the wounds, however He was spirit as He entered the room where He showed the wounds...
19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side.
Jesus was a spirit as He passed thru the wall/door only moments before He manifested Himself as fully physical. This verse shows that again...
The disciples then rejoiced when they saw the Lord.
They didn't see the Lord as theyh all entered the room, they saw Jesus as He manifested Himself as flesh and bone.
Jesus spoke in the prison the night He died, Jesus met with the thief the night He died. Jesus was only spirit as He did that because His earth body was in the tomb. Somehow Jesus had to pass back thru that rock or ... as I see it.... since there is no need of an earthly boy for Jesus it just no longer existed. Jesus returned to the spirit He was as He created heaven and earth. 1 COR 15:45 says precisely that.
Acts 1 is used to PROVE Jesus will return as He left... Yes, He will return as He left... He left on the clouds He will return on the clouds as Matthew 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13 says. Then people amle the assumption Jesus is physical as He leaves.. Fine but where does the bible tell us that Jesus returns to spirit again before this:
Acts 9
7 The men who traveled with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.

Again Jesus was a spirit.
Of course Phil 3:21 says we will have a body as Jesus does... that of course means Jesus body is the same as ours will be and Paul explains what the risen person will be..
44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

Justme

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Your will or WISHES will be done on earth as your WISHES are done in heaven. Justme
What part of NO do you not understand?Lk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the [G3625] earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
G3625 οἰκουμένη oikoumenē Feminine participle present passive of G3611 (as noun, by implication of G1093); land, globe; earth, world.
Mt 6:10 Your kingdom come, your will be done, on [G1093] earth[/b][/size] as it is in heaven.
G1093 γῆ gē from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application): - country, earth (-ly), ground, land, world.
Ps 72:19 Blessed be his glorious name forever; may the whole [H776} earth be filled with his glory! Amen and Amen!
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be King over all the [H776] earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
H776 ארץ eh'-rets From an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth
Mt 13:22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this [G165] world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
49 So shall it be at the end of the [G165] world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Galatians 1:4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil [G165] age, according to the will of our God and Father,
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this [G165] world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
G165 αἰών aiōn From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world;
This present state of things, is as much opposed to the spirit of genuine Christianity as the world then was. Pride, luxury, vanity, extravagance in dress, and riotous living, prevail now, as they did then, and are as unworthy of a Christian’s pursuit as they are injurious to his soul, and hateful in the sight of God.[CLARKE]
According to this world (tōi aiōni toutōi). Associative instrumental case. Do not take this age as your fashion plate.
Out of this present evil world (ek tou aiōnos tou enestōtos ponērou). Literally, “out of the age the existing one being evil.” The predicate position of ponērou calls emphatic attention to it. [RWP]
that he might deliver us from this present evil world; by which is meant, either the Jewish world, or church state, in which were a worldly sanctuary, and which were subject to ceremonies and traditions, called the elements and rudiments of the world; and who were possessed of worldly notions, and in expectation of a worldly kingdom to be set up by the Messiah [GILL]
Jh 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the [2889] world.
Jh 15:19 If ye were of the [G2889] world, the [G2889] world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
G2889 κόσμος kosmos orderly arrangement, by implication the world
Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this [G2889] world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
When will His servents FIGHT? Mt 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Mt 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the [G165] world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
Rev 19:7 Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. (NIV)

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am bothered by certain people that believe the second coming of Jesus Christ is merely a metaphor. There are other matters like the "trinity", and "hell", and "death", and "hades" that can be debated back and forth, and much of these topics are obscured by different translations, but the second coming of Jesus Christ as a metaphor, seriously? Even the worse of watered down translations do not refute the fact that Jesus Christ is indeed coming again literally and I feel the need to vehemently make this clear in a short and direct post. There is plenty of truth in any bible translation to even just affirm this.

This would bother me too. Jesus IS coming back in a glorified body. We know not the day nor the hour (So anyone Christian claiming that they've interpreted scripture to say a specific date is wrong. And that statement has been confirmed over and over again) but, Jesus IS coming back. I can't believe that some people could believe that it's just a metaphor.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
You posted a bunch of verses which I assume you think proves the verses I quote as being wrong. That is not the case. SO here is a copy again of verses none of you have dealt with... go ahead.
Jesus has a body, just not a physical or earthly body. Jesus has a spiritual or invisible to mortals body. Jesus is exactly what we will be. John tells us we don't know precisely what that is but it is heavenly , spiritual or unseen... a all eternal things are....2 COR 4:18.

It begins in the tomb...

41 not to all the people, but to witnesses who were chosen beforehand by God, that is, to us who ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead.
God did not grant that ALL people be able to see Jesus, only the witnesses needed to prove to all of us that there is life after death. The guards, for instance, could not see Jesus and they were sent there for that exact purpose.

Matt 28
9 And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshiped Him.
Yet they asked to see the wounds...!!! Well, Jesus as made visible by God obviously did not have wounds to show them so He manifested Himself as He was after the cross to show to the disciples..
John 21
14 This is now the third time that Jesus was manifested to the disciples, after He was raised from the dead.
That explains why Jesus was non-spirit as He showed the wounds, however He was spirit as He entered the room where He showed the wounds...
19 So when it was evening on that day, the first day of the week, and when the doors were shut where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and *said to them, “Peace be with you.” 20 And when He had said this, He showed them both His hands and His side.
Jesus was a spirit as He passed thru the wall/door only moments before He manifested Himself as fully physical. This verse shows that again...
They didn't see the Lord as theyh all entered the room, they saw Jesus as He manifested Himself as flesh and bone.
Jesus spoke in the prison the night He died, Jesus met with the thief the night He died. Jesus was only spirit as He did that because His earth body was in the tomb. Somehow Jesus had to pass back thru that rock or ... as I see it.... since there is no need of an earthly boy for Jesus it just no longer existed. Jesus returned to the spirit He was as He created heaven and earth. 1 COR 15:45 says precisely that.
Acts 1 is used to PROVE Jesus will return as He left... Yes, He will return as He left... He left on the clouds He will return on the clouds as Matthew 24, Luke 21 and Mark 13 says. Then people amle the assumption Jesus is physical as He leaves.. Fine but where does the bible tell us that Jesus returns to spirit again before this:
Acts 9
7 The men who traveled with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.

Of course Phil 3:21 says we will have a body as Jesus does... that of course means Jesus body is the same as ours will be and Paul explains what the risen person will be..

Justme

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus has a body, just not a physical or earthly body.

The spiritual body is physical, and has flesh and bones according to Christ. Thomas touched it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
The spiritual body is physical, and has flesh and bones according to Christ. Thomas touched it.
Physical???????????? Them why did God grant that He become visible?
Acts 10

Justme

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus has a body, just not a physical or earthly body. Jesus has a spiritual or invisible to mortals body. Jesus is exactly what we will be. John tells us we don't know precisely what that is but it is heavenly , spiritual or unseen... a all eternal things are..Acts 1 is used to PROVE Jesus will return as He left... Yes, He will return as He left... Again Jesus was a spirit. Of course Phil 3:21 says we will have a body as Jesus does Justme
Lk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
Jh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
13:31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Jh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Jn 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
Ps 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.
Jh 21:12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.
13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.
14 This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from the dead.
Ecc 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens
Mt 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Lk 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.
What are the overwhelming fears you posters have to read the pertinent verses? ANY and ALL of the verses presented to me can fit easily with those I put up but the verses presented to me conflict with the ones I show... that should show people which verses should take priority. THAT also explain to me why you all avoid the verses I present.
Here is a copy of another post of mine with verses that matter.

It begins in the tomb...

Matt 28
John 21
Acts 9

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Physical???????????? Them why did God grant that He become visible?

He didn't. Christ has the innate ability to do things we can't normally do like various miracles or being invisible or at least not recognized. I'm not sure he was ever literally invisible.

Acts 10

Not visible as if he was physically invisible. This means he was seen after he had died because he was resurrected. That's the worst translation I have ever SEEN....get it? Seen? Lol

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
He didn't. Christ has the innate ability to do things we can't normally do like various miracles or being invisible or at least not recognized. I'm not sure he was ever literally invisible.

If Jesus could appear as invisible , how come He couldn't be invisible and manifest Himself as physical? It was simpler than that.

Jesus became flesh to live among man.
John 1:14 [ The Word Made Flesh ] And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
So Jesus was NOT flesh before that.

Jesus needed a flesh body to live among man but Jesus did not need a flesh body to be Jesus. Jesus spoke in the prison the night He died. Jesus was still Jesus even tho the old flesh body lay locked in the tomb. Jesus either passed thru that rock to return to the inside of the tomb or the old earth body just disappeared and Jesus only appeared around there after God granted He become visible. Not all people could see Jesus. That was not the case as Jesus was flesh among man. God had to grant that Jesus become visible so the witnesses could see Him.
If you look up the Greek words involved here you find:

manifest
fig. of God giving proofs of his saving grace and thus manifesting himself

Twice after Jesus was resurrected He showed His wounds to the disciples at which time Jesus Himself aid He was a non spirit. Of course He was non spirit because He manifested Himself as full physical WITH wounds as John 21:14 allows for.

The bible only describes Jesus coming back to earth once in those times and that was when He returned to Paul in Acts 9. Again at that time Jesus was invisible.
There is no verse anywhere which allows for Jesus to be physical, there is only denominational doctrine to use to 'prove' a physical Jesus.
The final is that we all know that Jesus is eternal and all things eternal are unseen. 2 COR 4:18

Not visible as if he was physically invisible. This means he was seen after he had died because he was resurrected. That's the worst translation I have ever SEEN....get it? Seen? Lol

Yes invisible as in physically invisible. Jesus is a spirit in a spiritual or heavenly body, ....forever.
We, as believers, will all be spirits in spirit or heavenly bodies too, given time.
Jesus as seen because God caused Him to be seen by witnesses...NOT everybody just the witnesses.

Justme

Upvote 0