The second coming of Jesus Christ is LITERAL, not figurative, metaphoric, nor private

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
How many posts do we have to go thru before you deal with these verses? Acts 10:40 NASB 40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 1 COR 15 45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
We were speaking of David and not Adam nor the Christ.
2 COR 5 For we know that if [a]the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
Here is an example: And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. - There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. ... He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son." (Revelation 21:1-4, 7) - There is no tears in HEAVEN, there i NEVER death in HEAVEN, there os n pain in HEAVEN and anyone who accepts and believes Jesus can inherit that HEAVEN after their earthly life.Justme
None of the words "IN HEAVEN" appear in verse 4: Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. and YOU MISSED 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
AND you missed: Isa 30:19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10:13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
1Co 3:23 and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.
11:3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.
15:27 For "God has put all things in subjection under his feet." But when it says, "all things are put in subjection," it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him.
Luk 20:43 until I make your enemies your footstool."'
Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
4:28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.
Gen 26:3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with you and will bless you, for to you and to your offspring I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath that I swore to Abraham your father.
Heb 6:17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,
11:9 By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.
Gen 28:13 And behold, the LORD stood above it and said, "I am the LORD, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. The land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring.
15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."
48:4 and said to me, 'Behold, I will make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will make of you a company of peoples and will give this land to your offspring after you for an everlasting possession.'
Ps 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace. Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Mat 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 5:5 "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Mar 10:40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.
Jas 2:5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
We were speaking of David and not Adam nor the Christ. None of the words "IN HEAVEN" appear in verse 4: Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. and YOU MISSED 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
AND you missed: Isa 30:19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.

Heb 2:8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10:13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
1Co 3:23 and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.
11:3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.
15:27 For "God has put all things in subjection under his feet." But when it says, "all things are put in subjection," it is plain that he is excepted who put all things in subjection under him.
Luk 20:43 until I make your enemies your footstool."'
Gal 3:29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.
4:28 Now you, brothers, like Isaac, are children of promise.
Gen 26:3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with you and will bless you, for to you and to your offspring I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath that I swore to Abraham your father.
Heb 6:17 So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath,
11:9 By faith he went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise.
Gen 28:13 And behold, the LORD stood above it and said, "I am the LORD, the God of Abraham your father and the God of Isaac. The land on which you lie I will give to you and to your offspring.
15 Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land. For I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you."
48:4 and said to me, 'Behold, I will make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will make of you a company of peoples and will give this land to your offspring after you for an everlasting possession.'
Ps 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace. Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
Mat 5:3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 5:5 "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
Mar 10:40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.
Jas 2:5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?
NO, go thru these specific verses .... and please NOTE that in 2 CPR 5 it is IN heaven not FROM heaven. When you deal with these I will go thru more of the verses you quote and show you how they fit the eternal in heaven interpretation.

Acts 10:40 NASB
40 God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible,

1 COR 15
45 So also it is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

2 COR 5
For we know that if [a]the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

What you are trying to do is prove to me that the bible is incorrect in the verses I present. When you understand that Jesus is a spirit in a spiritual body appearing in a spiritual realm you will see that every verse you quote agrees with that understanding.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What you are trying to do is prove to me that the bible is incorrect in the verses I present.

No, we are proving you are misinterpreting some scriptures while not understanding other scriptures which clearly show eternity is upon the Earth not in heaven.

1Ch_23:25 For David said, The LORD God of Israel hath given rest unto his people, that they may dwell in Jerusalem for ever:

Rev_5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Psa_25:13 His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.

Psa_37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

Psa_37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Psa_37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

Mat_5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

Psa 96:13 Before the LORD: for he cometh, for he cometh to judge the earth: he shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with his truth.

Isa 26:21 For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Job_19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Zec_8:3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.

Eze_48:35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The LORD is there.

Jer_23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

1Ki 8:12 Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
1Ki 8:13 I have surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever.

Mic 1:3 For, behold, the LORD cometh forth out of his place, and will come down, and tread upon the high places of the earth.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Rev 14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NO, go thru these specific verses .... and please NOTE that in 2 CPR 5 it is IN heaven not FROM heaven. When you deal with these I will go thru more of the verses you quote and show you how they fit the eternal in heaven interpretation. 2 COR 5 For we know that if [a]the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens..
DID you read VERSE 2? from heaven [Greek. ek.] — This domicile is “from heaven” in its origin, and is to be brought to us by the Lord at His coming again “from heaven” (1Th_4:16). Therefore this “habitation” or “domicile” is not heaven itself.[JFB]
[POPULAR TRANSLATION] 2 Corinthians 5:2For verily in this (tabernacle) we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven—viewed as “from heaven,” because the distinguishing properties of the resurrection-body will be the efflux of that resurrection-life which resides in “the Lord from heaven.” And, as Bengel says, if it be “from heaven,” the thing meant cannot be heaven itself.
For “our house which is from heaven” will be no such gross fabric as the word “house” might suggest, but of such refined and subtle spirituality that, to represent it as a clothing of celestial radiance enshrining the perfected spirit, if a figure at all, is one as natural as it is beautiful.
To be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven (to oikētērion hēmōn to ex ouranou ependusasthai). First aorist middle infinitive of late verb ependuō, double compound (ep, en)[RWP]
When the apostle says that they earnestly desired to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven, he certainly means that the great concern of all the genuine followers of God was to be fully prepared to enjoy the beatific vision of their Maker and Redeemer.[CLARKE]
1Co 15:54 But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruptibility, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the word written: Death has been swallowed up in victory.
Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
Mat 6:10 let thy kingdom come, let thy will be done as in heaven so upon the earth;

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
DID you read VERSE 2? from heaven [Greek. ek.] — This domicile is “from heaven” in its origin, and is to be brought to us by the Lord at His coming again “from heaven” (1Th_4:16). Therefore this “habitation” or “domicile” is not heaven itself.[JFB]
[POPULAR TRANSLATION] 2 Corinthians 5:2For verily in this (tabernacle) we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven—viewed as “from heaven,” because the distinguishing properties of the resurrection-body will be the efflux of that resurrection-life which resides in “the Lord from heaven.” And, as Bengel says, if it be “from heaven,” the thing meant cannot be heaven itself.
For “our house which is from heaven” will be no such gross fabric as the word “house” might suggest, but of such refined and subtle spirituality that, to represent it as a clothing of celestial radiance enshrining the perfected spirit, if a figure at all, is one as natural as it is beautiful.
To be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven (to oikētērion hēmōn to ex ouranou ependusasthai). First aorist middle infinitive of late verb ependuō, double compound (ep, en)[RWP]
When the apostle says that they earnestly desired to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven, he certainly means that the great concern of all the genuine followers of God was to be fully prepared to enjoy the beatific vision of their Maker and Redeemer.[CLARKE]
1Co 15:54 But when this corruptible shall have put on incorruptibility, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall come to pass the word written: Death has been swallowed up in victory.
Isa 30:18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.
19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
Mat 6:10 let thy kingdom come, let thy will be done as in heaven so upon the earth;

Here again is the verse:
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

Nothing anywhere can change Paul's words there so quit trying... it is an eternal body IN heaven...live with it. If that goes against your denominational doctrine then your doctrine is wrong NOT the bible.
Justme

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here again is the verse:
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.

Nothing anywhere can change Paul's words there so quit trying... it is an eternal body IN heaven...live with it. If that goes against your denominational doctrine then your doctrine is wrong NOT the bible.
Justme

The body doesn't stay IN heaven. That's where you err.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here again is the verse: For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. Justme
Here again is VERSE 2 explaining what heaven your verse means: DID you read VERSE 2? from heaven [Greek. ek.] — This domicile is “from heaven” in its origin, and is to be brought to us by the Lord at His coming again “from heaven” (1Th_4:16). Therefore this “habitation” or “domicile” is not heaven itself.[JFB]
[POPULAR TRANSLATION] 2 Corinthians 5:2For verily in this (tabernacle) we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven—viewed as “from heaven,” because the distinguishing properties of the resurrection-body will be the efflux of that resurrection-life which resides in “the Lord from heaven[size-5-.” And, as Bengel says, if it be “from heaven,” the thing meant cannot be heaven itself.[/size]
To be clothed upon with our habitation which is] from heaven (to oikētērion hēmōn to ex ouranou ependusasthai). First aorist middle infinitive of late verb ependuō, double compound (ep, en)[RWP]
Mat 6:10 let thy kingdom come, let thy will be done as in heaven so upon the earth; Ia 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow unto it.
:3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and Jehovah's word from Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
The body doesn't stay IN heaven. That's where you err.

The body never gets anywhere near heaven ever. When you die your earth body decays. Your earth body returns to dust, your earth body is no more and it serves no further purpose for you.

It has always been that way since Abel.
Ecc 12:7
and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Here is Peter leaving his earth body behind and moving forward to eternity..
2 Peter 1
13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14 because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. 15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.

So the body is not brought back from heaven as Jesus comes, the body never leaves the grave, only the spirit does. SO knowing that we know SPIRITS are gathered from the four corners of heaven and SPIRITS are brought with Jesus at His coming. Then we read in 1 Thess 4:16 that those spirits are resurrected to eternal life IN THE CLOUD and WITH Jesus FOREVER, verse 17.
That is the FIRST resurrection of the dead, Rev 20:4 and 6 which is , as Paul tells us in 1 COR 15:
23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him.
So, bodies never go to heaven and bodies nevr return, only spirits do and at their resurrection they are given a boy by God which is suitable for eternal living in Heaven and that is precisely what 2 COR 5:1 says.
So I don't ERR that an earth or physical body doesn't stay in heaven, it just never goes there in the first place. The bible forbids BODIES going to heaven in the first place , 1 COR 15
50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Now in this verse forget the flesh and blood part and concentrate on the rest... the perishable or the mortal does not inherit imperishable or immortal......... the earth physical body is perishable and mortal.... THAT body does not inherit anything and once again we learn what DOES happen in 2 COR 5:1.... GOD GIVES US A NEW HEAVENLY BODY FOR ETERNITY in..IN.... IN heaven!!!

So now explain to me how that can reconcile with the new Jerusalem.. and there is a very easy explanation!

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Here again is VERSE 2 explaining what heaven your verse means: DID you read VERSE 2? from heaven [Greek. ek.] — This domicile is “from heaven” in its origin, and is to be brought to us by the Lord at His coming again “from heaven” (1Th_4:16). Therefore this “habitation” or “domicile” is not heaven itself.[JFB]
[POPULAR TRANSLATION] 2 Corinthians 5:2For verily in this (tabernacle) we groan, longing to be clothed upon with our habitation which is from heaven—viewed as “from heaven,” because the distinguishing properties of the resurrection-body will be the efflux of that resurrection-life which resides in “the Lord from heaven[size-5-.” And, as Bengel says, if it be “from heaven,” the thing meant cannot be heaven itself.[/size]
To be clothed upon with our habitation which is] from heaven (to oikētērion hēmōn to ex ouranou ependusasthai). First aorist middle infinitive of late verb ependuō, double compound (ep, en)[RWP]
Mat 6:10 let thy kingdom come, let thy will be done as in heaven so upon the earth; Ia 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the end of days, that the mountain of Jehovah's house shall be established on the top of the mountains, and shall be lifted up above the hills; and all the nations shall flow unto it.
:3 And many peoples shall go and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths. For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and Jehovah's word from Jerusalem.

Here ONE MORE TIME is the verse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 cor 5
For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house IN heaven, not built by human hands.

No amount of literary gymnastics can change that to say it is a house for earth... it can not be done. So what then does your verse 2 mean... very simple:
2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,

Paul is speaking to his people and he says he would like to have his soul clothed with or covered by or protected by the heavenly body instead of his earthly one.

3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.

The WE there is telling us the same as 2 Peter 1 did and that is that WE, the person is not a bag of flesh , the we the person is the soul or spirit. That spirit is not naked and alone after God gives it the heavenly body to cover it.

4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.
Yep while Paul is in his earthly body he is burdened but he does so want to someday be living eternal in that heavenly body from God in heaven as verse 1 so plainly says.
Death is gone, destroyed, that is the last enemy Jesus had to destroy, 1 COR 15:
25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Jesus had accomplished that by the time this was written:
2 Tim 1
10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

The rest of the verses you quote can reconcile with 2 COR 5:1 as well, it can not reconcile the other way around.
Justme

Upvote 0

justcoolforyou

Jan 16, 2016
US
✟15,528.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am bothered by certain people that believe the second coming of Jesus Christ is merely a metaphor. There are other matters like the "trinity", and "hell", and "death", and "hades" that can be debated back and forth, and much of these topics are obscured by different translations, but the second coming of Jesus Christ as a metaphor, seriously? Even the worse of watered down translations do not refute the fact that Jesus Christ is indeed coming again literally and I feel the need to vehemently make this clear in a short and direct post. There is plenty of truth in any bible translation to even just affirm this.
Also what do you with the promise of jesus being with us till the end of time? If just is the second preson of the Trinity; he should be with us not just i n spirit but the full Christ... Catholics answer this with the eucharist but how do other Christians answer this promise of Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

justcoolforyou

Jan 16, 2016
US
✟15,528.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
YES! In a glorified body absolutely!
His glorified body was of flesh and bone . Jesus asked thomas to touch his side etc. His body could walk on water just as it could go through close doors. Jesus from the beginning was glorified yet a servant, his body was pure, the spotless lamb of God. This is why people who dont understand the Immaculate Conception of Mary as a theological defense of the study of Christology cant bring themselves the full true of the New Adam. We really only 4 people in history made of the same flesh. Eve made from Adam and Jesus (new adam) made flesh from Mary ( New Eve) . Which this was the theology of the ECF, the theology of the new adam (Jesus Christ)

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here ONE MORE TIME is the verse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . That spirit is not naked and alone after God gives it the heavenly body to cover it. Death is gone, destroyed, that is the last enemy Jesus had to destroy, 1 COR 15: 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. Jesus had accomplished that by the time this was written: 2 Tim 1 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
Proverbs 18:13 To answer before listening— that is folly and shame. (NIV)
Your analysis is fractured by your own verses that you quote: after God gives it the heavenly body to cover it Death is gone, not before!. . For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. not just death but ALL enemies, including the KINGS and THEIR ARMIES!.
AND AGAIN you misquote Jesus had accomplished that by the time this was written: 2 Tim 1 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, simply means Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. He has not yet delivered the Kingdom to God: 1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. (prophetic or futuristic use of present tense of same verb as in 1Co_15:24), the last enemy” (predicate and only one “last” and so no article as in 1Jo_2:18). but for the second coming Tit 2:13.Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; [RWP]
Now why would you hope for something if you already had it? And can you show where on earth is hisKkingdom? 2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; See Robertson, Grammar, p. 786. Westcott and Hort read Christou Iēsou.
The carrying out of the abolition of death into full effect is to be at the resurrection (Rev_20:14). The death of the body meanwhile is but temporary, and is made no account of by Christ and the apostles.[JFB]
You must wait for the eagle to be revealed and to not be sleeping when it happens Lk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left. (35) Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. (36) Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left." (37) And they answered and said to Him, "Where, Lord?" So He said to them, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."
37 And answering they say to him, Where, Lord? And he said to them, Where the body is , there the eagles will be gathered together.
G105 ἀετός [aetos] an eagle Whereas the word for vulture is H1676 דּאה From H1675; vulture. See H7201 ראה From H7200; a bird of prey probably the vulture
H344 איּה a hawk: kite, vulture.

Mt 24:37 But as the days of Noe, so also shall be the coming of the Son of man.
40 Then two shall be in the field, one is taken and one is left;
41 two women grinding at the mill, one is taken and one is left.
Mk 13:32 But of that day or of that hour no one knows, neither the angels who are in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father.
Rev 4:7 And the first living thing [G2226 ζῶον from G2198 ζάω A primary verb; to live] was like a lion, and the second living thing like a calf, and the third living thing had a face as a man, and the fourth living thing was like a flying eagle.
8 And the four living things had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
7 And the first living creature was like a lion, and the second living creature was like a calf, and the third living creature had the face as of a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. [Codex Sinaiticus]

Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian
Proverbs 18:13 To answer before listening— that is folly and shame. (NIV)
Your analysis is fractured by your own verses that you quote: after God gives it the heavenly body to cover it Death is gone, not before!. . For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. not just death but ALL enemies, including the KINGS and THEIR ARMIES!.
AND AGAIN you misquote Jesus had accomplished that by the time this was written: 2 Tim 1 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, simply means Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. He has not yet delivered the Kingdom to God: 1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. (prophetic or futuristic use of present tense of same verb as in 1Co_15:24), the last enemy” (predicate and only one “last” and so no article as in 1Jo_2:18). but for the second coming Tit 2:13.Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; [RWP]
Now why would you hope for something if you already had it? And can you show where on earth is hisKkingdom? 2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; See Robertson, Grammar, p. 786. Westcott and Hort read Christou Iēsou.
The carrying out of the abolition of death into full effect is to be at the resurrection (Rev_20:14). The death of the body meanwhile is but temporary, and is made no account of by Christ and the apostles.[JFB]
You must wait for the eagle to be revealed and to not be sleeping when it happens Lk 17:34 I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left. (35) Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. (36) Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left." (37) And they answered and said to Him, "Where, Lord?" So He said to them, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."
37 And answering they say to him, Where, Lord? And he said to them, Where the body is , there the eagles will be gathered together.
G105 ἀετός [aetos] an eagle Whereas the word for vulture is H1676 דּאה From H1675; vulture. See H7201 ראה From H7200; a bird of prey probably the vulture
H344 איּה a hawk: kite, vulture.

Mt 24:37 But as the days of Noe, so also shall be the coming of the Son of man.
40 Then two shall be in the field, one is taken and one is left;
41 two women grinding at the mill, one is taken and one is left.
Mk 13:32 But of that day or of that hour no one knows, neither the angels who are in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father.
Rev 4:7 And the first living thing [G2226 ζῶον from G2198 ζάω A primary verb; to live] was like a lion, and the second living thing like a calf, and the third living thing had a face as a man, and the fourth living thing was like a flying eagle.
8 And the four living things had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
7 And the first living creature was like a lion, and the second living creature was like a calf, and the third living creature had the face as of a man, and the fourth living creature was like a flying eagle. [Codex Sinaiticus]

Now after all the verses you have quoted to try to change the meaning of what 2 COR 5:1 actually says, let' check Paul out again.....

Nope, the verse still says the same thing! AND that is that the eternal house(body) is in heaven.

Then we have 2 Tim 1
10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.

Yes that still says death is destroyed. Death was destroyed as Paul wrote that.
Paul explains the enemies here:
1 COR 15
24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

There is the end we hear so much about and there he explains the enemies to be destroyed. DEATH is the last one, when death is destroyed the other enemies are too. 2 Tim 1:10 says He did that. In these verses we see it is at the END... Here is the END:
1 COR 10
11 These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

Death was destroyed. The body we spend eternity in is IN heaven.

Here is another verse to verify that,
John 11
26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Jesus and Martha were alone in her yard when He said that sentence. Martha LIVED and Martha believed so Martha would never die. Martha would physically doe but 2 COR 5:1 takes her to heaven for eternity to LIVE on. She could do that because Martha was LIVING when death was destroyed at the END and the END was in Martha's life time, 1 COR 10:11.

I'll explain what I read in a couple of verses you quoted which reconciles with 2 COR 5:1, 2 Tim 1:10 and 1 COR 10:11.

Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. He has not yet delivered the Kingdom to God:
There is the promise of eternal life which we have as we are indwelled with the Holy Spirit.1 Peter 1
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you,

So as Paul tells us in 1 CORF 15:48 and 49, we bear the image of the earthly man an then we bear the image of the heavenly man... we just have to physically die first.

I missed this question you asked...

Now why would you hope for something if you already had it? And can you show where on earth is hisKkingdom?

His kingdom is not on earth it is in heaven. We have the promise of the kingdom ( the earthy connection) which is within us..... The indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
Here John plainly tells us His eternal kingdom is not of this world.
John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

That is one more verse that reconciles with the eternity IN heaven.... not of this world.

Justme

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good. We aren't discussing a physical flesh body either. It is something invisible and eternal, a 'body' we live in eternally in heaven, 2 COR 5:1.

Wrong. The glorified, new body is flesh and bone which Christ testified about when he resurrected. We do not live eternally in heaven but on the Earth and God will dwell among us.

Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Wrong. The glorified, new body is flesh and bone which Christ testified about when he resurrected. We do not live eternally in heaven but on the Earth and God will dwell among us.

The new glorified body is not flesh and bone. Flesh and bone cannot inherit the kingdom of God,
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. (1 Corinthians 15:50 [NIV])

It will be a new kind of body, that is imperishable. It may resemble our previous body and face, just as Jesus' new body resembled his previous body, however, this remains a mystery, as we do not know this detail as to what exactly the elect will look like, as we even affirm here,
Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. (1 John 3:2 [NIV])

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The new glorified body is not flesh and bone.

Yes it is.

Luk_24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Flesh and bone cannot inherit the kingdom of God,

You misquote scripture. Flesh and BLOOD can't but flesh and bone can. What that means is the mortal human body cannot inherit the kingdom, only the flesh and bone immortal body can.

Reactions: Chriliman
Upvote 0

cgaviria

Nov 23, 2015
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Visit site
✟23,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes it is.

Luk_24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

You misquote scripture. Flesh and BLOOD can't but flesh and bone can. What that means is the mortal human body cannot inherit the kingdom, only the flesh and bone immortal body can.

It seems that you are right, so I therefore stand corrected, yet the fact remains that this new flesh and bones is imperishable and does not grow old. Do you agree?

Reactions: Chriliman
Upvote 0

Justme

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2002
western prairies
Visit site
✟6,941.00
Faith
Christian

Take a look at the NASB at John 21:14 where it tells us Jesus manifested Himself three times. One of course was at the fish feed of John 21, there were two other times... those two other times were when He showed the wounds. Jesus was non-spirit on those three occasions other than that Jesus is a spirit as Paul tells us in 1 COR 15:45.

Justme

Upvote 0