ZacharyB

charismatic believer for 23 years
Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God has seen the past, present, future; He knows peoples’ hearts, thoughts, motives
“I make known the end from the beginning … and what is still to come”
(Isaiah 46:1)
“… whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men.”
(1 Kings 8:39)
“the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts” (1 Chronicles 28:9)
“… and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts.” (Revelation 2:23)

God has declared who He desires to spend eternity with
“I dwell in the high and holy place with him who has a contrite and humble spirit” (Isaiah 57:15)
“You will save the humble people” (2 Samuel 22:28)
“Surely He scorns the scornful, but gives grace to the humble” (Proverbs 3:34)
“Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.” (Proverbs 16:18-19)
“… a meek and humble people, and they shall trust in the name of the Lord.”
(Zephaniah 3:12)
“God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)

A repentant heart towards God is absolutely necessary (confessing sins & repenting of them).
The poor (in various ways) are the most likely to have the right heart attitude.

Believers with humble and contrite hearts will love Jesus enough to obey His commandments.
They will see to it that they are acceptable to Him; they will be what He has asked them to be.

Jesus is coming for a fully-sanctified church, holy and blameless!
Please witness some select passages taken from amongst a multitude of others.
I have decided to limit them to a perfect baker’s dozen …
• “I beseech you therefore, brethren … that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.” (Rom 12:1)
• “… so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” (1 Thes 3:13)
• “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely;
and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thes 5:23)
• “But you, O man of God, flee these things (sins) and pursue righteousness, godliness … Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called … I urge you … that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing” (1 Tim 6:11-14)
• “… beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Cor 7:1)
• “… that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault … holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.” (Phil 2:15-16)
• “rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you
at the revelation of Jesus Christ (at His second coming); as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written,
‘Be holy, for I am holy.’ And if you call on the Father, who without partiality
judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear” (1 Pet 1:13-17)
• “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.” (Titus 2:11-14)
• “He chose us (the “faithful” saints, 1:1) in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love” (Eph 1:4)
• “… that He (Jesus) might sanctify and cleanse her (the church) with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.” (Eph 5:27)
• “He has reconciled … to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight – IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and
(IF you) are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard … warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.” (Col 1:21-23, 28)
• “… that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Tim 2:2-4)
• “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality (etc. etc.) … For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God” (1 Thes 4:3,7-8)

Addition on Nov. 8, 2015 ...
• “And everyone who has this hope in Him
(to be a "child of God", verses 1 and 2)
purifies himself, just as He is pure. (1 John 3:3)

Last edited:

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another attack thread, to elevate yourself, and put down others.
I elevate myself by posting Scripture?
Believers in Christ, beware of those with an anti-Christ spirit.
These poor souls are terrified by what Scripture says!

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

The original! Accept no substitutes!
Feb 23, 2003
Home, except when I'm not....
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I elevate myself by posting Scripture?

Not by posting Scripture, but by your commentary and false application to individuals here in the forum

Believers in Christ, beware of those with an anti-Christ spirit.
These poor souls are terrified by what Scripture says!

More ad hominem, because he cannot establish his view with scripture, and his explanations do violence to the scriptures, as has been shown many times. So the personal attacks are substituted for discussion.

To accuse me (or any of those who oppose your false doctrines) of an anti-Christ spirit is sin. I am not terrified by what Scripture, says, I embrace Scripture and look to Scripture as a source of edification, comfort, and guidance. You are taking the part of accuser of the brethren, a position which is Satan's. You need to repent and ask for forgiveness for your sin against us.

Reactions: brotherjerry
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Actually only the elect of God will believe in the Christ and be saved and none else as they are spiritually children of Satan.
Christ even taught this in parables. Those who are planted by Him and those who are planted by the enemy both grow together until the harvest where the angels seperate the 2 types of people and each goes to their appointed place.

The devil sows the tares among God's wheat.
The Parable of the Wheat and the Tares
24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’”

And we also read John saying
12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

And this
9 And do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

'For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones', and God does. He takes out the stony heart to give it a heart of flesh, which means he softens the heart of a person to receive from Himself spiritual truths so they can believe in Christ. that is part of the new birth.

Consider also this

Malachi 5

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet
Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
6 And he will turn
The hearts of the fathers to the children,
And the hearts of the children to their fathers,
Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”

Indeed Elijah has come before the Christ was revealed. And the Holy Spirit so began the work of softening hearts between Father and the children of God in order to redeem them from the curse.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
• “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should
abstain from sexual immorality (etc. etc.) … For God did not call us
to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this
does not reject man, but God
” (1 Thes 4:3,7-8)
Yes, we certainly do have quite a few here who reject God and His warnings!

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, we certainly do have quite a few here who reject God and His warnings!

What I'm seeing is they are rejecting YOU and YOUR warnings. You need to learn the difference.

You are not God.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another attack thread, to elevate yourself, and put down others. Not interested.

1 Corinthians 1:18-20
18 The teaching about the cross seems foolish to those who are lost. But to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 As the Scriptures say,

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise.
I will confuse the understanding of the intelligent.”

20 So what does this say about the philosopher, the law expert, or anyone in this world who is skilled in making clever arguments? God has made the wisdom of the world look foolish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 Corinthians 4:4-5 NLT
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

5 You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake.

1 Corinthians 2:14 NLT
But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God has seen the past, present, future; He knows peoples’ hearts, thoughts, motives
“I make known the end from the beginning … and what is still to come”
(Isaiah 46:1)
“… whose heart You know (for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men.”
(1 Kings 8:39)
“the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts” (1 Chronicles 28:9)
“… and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts.” (Revelation 2:23)

God has declared who He desires to spend eternity with
“I dwell in the high and holy place with him who has a contrite and humble spirit” (Isaiah 57:15)
“You will save the humble people” (2 Samuel 22:28)
“Surely He scorns the scornful, but gives grace to the humble” (Proverbs 3:34)
“Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.” (Proverbs 16:18-19)
“… a meek and humble people, and they shall trust in the name of the Lord.”
(Zephaniah 3:12)
“God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” (James 4:6)

A repentant heart towards God is absolutely necessary (confessing sins & repenting of them).
The poor (in various ways) are the most likely to have the right heart attitude.

Believers with humble and contrite hearts will love Jesus enough to obey His commandments.
They will see to it that they are acceptable to Him; they will be what He has asked them to be.

Jesus is coming for a fully-sanctified church, holy and blameless!
Please witness some select passages taken from amongst a multitude of others.
I have decided to limit them to a perfect baker’s dozen …
• “I beseech you therefore, brethren … that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.” (Rom 12:1)
• “… so that He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” (1 Thes 3:13)
• “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely;
and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless
at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thes 5:23)
• “But you, O man of God, flee these things (sins) and pursue righteousness, godliness … Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called … I urge you … that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing” (1 Tim 6:11-14)
• “… beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.” (2 Cor 7:1)
• “… that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault … holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.” (Phil 2:15-16)
• “rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you
at the revelation of Jesus Christ (at His second coming); as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written,
‘Be holy, for I am holy.’ And if you call on the Father, who without partiality
judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear” (1 Pet 1:13-17)
• “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.” (Titus 2:11-14)
• “He chose us (the “faithful” saints, 1:1) in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love” (Eph 1:4)
• “… that He (Jesus) might sanctify and cleanse her (the church) with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.” (Eph 5:27)
• “He has reconciled … to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight – IF indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and
(IF you) are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard … warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.” (Col 1:21-23, 28)
• “… that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Tim 2:2-4)
• “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality (etc. etc.) … For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God” (1 Thes 4:3,7-8)

Addition on Nov. 8, 2015 ...
• “And everyone who has this hope in Him
(to be a "child of God", verses 1 and 2)
purifies himself, just as He is pure. (1 John 3:3)
As the vast majority of these verses are NOT about salvation, but rather spiritual growth to maturity, I'll provide what the Scriptures say about who will be spending eternity with God.

John 3:15,16 - so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life. 16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

John 5:24 - “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:40 - “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

John 20:31 - but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

So, those who have believed in Jesus Christ for salvation HAVE eternal life.

And the best part is this:
Rom 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Eternal life is a free gift of God!!

More good news:
Rom 11:29 - for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 1:18
The teaching about the cross seems foolish to those who are lost.
2 Corinthians 4:4-5
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
1 Corinthians 2:14
But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit.
It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those
who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.
All of your verses are actually speaking of the gospel,
which says Jesus died to take away the sins of the world.
This good news was that man no longer had to wallow in the muck of sin!
What Jesus accomplished was backed up by the sending of the Holy Spirit,
who would help God's special elect to be OVERCOMERS unto eternal life.
Overcome sin, Satan, and the world ... unto final and ultimate salvation.
Having our new nature and the indwelling Holy Spirit, we have no excuse not to!

Upvote 0

brotherjerry

Apr 28, 2006
✟9,581.00
Faith
Baptist
All of your verses are actually speaking of the gospel,
which says Jesus died to take away the sins of the world.
This good news was that man no longer had to wallow in the muck of sin!
What Jesus accomplished was backed up by the sending of the Holy Spirit,
who would help God's special elect to be OVERCOMERS unto eternal life.
Overcome sin, Satan, and the world ... unto final and ultimate salvation.
Having our new nature and the indwelling Holy Spirit, we have no excuse not to!
Wait!? Are you saying there are two salvations! One in which we get the Holy Spirit, and then some ultimate salvation? Where is THAT described in the Bible?

Upvote 0

ZacharyB

Sep 24, 2015
✟16,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wait!? Are you saying there are two salvations! One in which we get the Holy Spirit, and then some ultimate salvation? Where is THAT described in the Bible?
Folks, pay no attention! ... He's just tryin' to yank my chain!
I've told him 100 times that we have to endure 'till the end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Folks, pay no attention! ... He's just tryin' to yank my chain!
I've told him 100 times that we have to endure 'till the end.

You will be held to account for every word you say. Not only by us, but by God. Get used to it. Now, answer the question. It's legitimate.

Upvote 0

nobdysfool

Feb 23, 2003
✟21,146.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
2 Corinthians 4:4-5 NLT
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

5 You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake.

1 Corinthians 2:14 NLT
But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means..

You are not implying that any who are posting here are not Christians, are you? I believe that judgment and knowledge is quite a bit above your pay grade...

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are not implying that any who are posting here are not Christians, are you? I believe that judgment and knowledge is quite a bit above your pay grade...

All disciples are Christians but not all Christians are disciples. Not all Christians are equal. Not all Christians receive the same amount of blessings and wisdoms from Christ. Some are purposely left in the dark without wisdom unless they can show they will obey His commandments: Matthew 11:25-27 and John 14:21.

You can read more about it in John 17. From John 17:6-19 He prays for His disciples. From John 20-26, He prays for all other believers. Christ separates Christians into two groups: the doers and the hearers.

Ever wondered why some Christians have so much peace and joy, while other Christians have so much trouble in their life that never stops? Ever wonder why one group have their prayers answer while the other group doesn't? Jesus told us to ask for anything and it will be given to you. He wasn't kidding. You don't even have to ask. He reads your mind and does it for you, the way a father responds to his child.

I would tell you what Matthew meant by children but my pay grade isn't high enough to reveal this. But you can partially find out yourself with Colossians 1:9-10. Wisdom of the bible does not come by having faith alone, works produces wisdom.

Matthew 11:25-27
25 At that time Jesus declared, “I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; 26 yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

John 14:21
“Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. My Father will love those who love me; I too will love them and reveal myself to them.”

Colossians 1:9-10
9 Because of this, since the day we heard about you, we have continued praying for you, asking God that you will know fully what he wants. We pray that you will also have great wisdom and understanding in spiritual things 10 so that you will live the kind of life that honors and pleases the Lord in every way. You will produce fruit in every good work and grow in the knowledge of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What is Psalm3704's pay grade? How did you judge this to be so?

Upvote 0