• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Sad Truth

wardpossy

Warrior For Christ
Jan 6, 2005
Indiana
✟1,331.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Funny how a $100 note looks so big when you take it to church, but so small when you take it to the shops.

Funny how long it takes to serve God for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of footy.

Funny how we can't think of anything when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things when we talk with a friend.

Funny how hard it is to read a chapter of the Bible, but how easy it is to read a best selling novel.

Funny how hard it is for people to learn a short Gospel verse, but how simple it is for the same people to repeat gossip.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says."

I read that, and BANG! It was like a blow to the head. Once you understand the truth of these matters, it really is the sad truth. Then it hit me - do I live like this sometimes? Putting money and stuff over my christianity?

What about you? How do you compare God to your life?