The Sabbath was a ceremonial law,not a moral law.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Uh, I believe you hopped by the observations as usual

NO, you do not have 'complete rest' until ALL the participants are THROUGH THE GATES:

Hebrews 11:
39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Thou shalt not prematurely party...:p
Well sure,I dont have an immortal body yet either.But is says,we have entered that rest.That is what it says.

Upvote 0

WailingWall

Dec 5, 2007
earth
✟26,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FROGSTER SAYS

No,eat and dont worry.The kingdom of God is not a matter of food and drink.

JESUS SAYS

Mark 2:19-20
And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast. [20] But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

Not that they might fast. They WILL fast. Is there a day that the WORD tells you to fast? Yes there is. Lets look at the scripture Frogster has posted. Did he once again take it out of context? Or is the scripture he posted talking about fasting?

Romans 14:15-20
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. [16] Let not then your good be evil spoken of: [17] For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. [18] For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men. [19] Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. [20] For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

Quite clear when you look at Frogsters "one liner" you can see its not speaking of fasting. Why would he have you to believe otherwise?

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well sure,I dont have an immortal body yet either.But is says,we have entered that rest.That is what it says.

I have found that the failure to acknowledge my own weaknesses is a weakness in itself.

To go on from there and declare my freedom apart from the truth of my weaknesses is just another phony spin of self delusion. Nothing more than a hollow declaration of falsity.

s

Upvote 0