Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Re: the "right one"?

Posted by Pat on September 04, 2005 at 18:29:52:

by Timshel_bill on September 03, 2005 at 23:11:20:

Hi Bill!

Well, in regard to the first comment you quoted, perhaps my response was based on assumption or on the fact that the suggestion has been made before here at PS. (Not necessarily by you, of course.) I'm not saying that men and women are as different as night and day, just that the qualities seen in one partner should contrast with/compliment the qualities of the other. And that even the same qualities will be displayed in different ways.

Secondly, my "don't give a hoot" comment was in response to the whole "right one" idea. I didn't say I didn't give a hoot if I was a good spouse; I said that I didn't give a hoot if I was becoming the "right one" for someone else. I'm more concerned with becoming who I'm SUPPOSED to be.

In my opinion, the characteristics that I develop/improve on/acquire should be the ones that the Lord desires for me, not what any MAN wants to see in me. Example: I've been told many times (by men and women) that I'm too loud. Well, I've always had a good sense of humor, always been a knee slapping, laugh out loud kind of girl. Hey, my father was a professional clown - what can I say? For me to sit in the corner and titter with my hand over my mouth so no one knows I'm laughing would be totally absurd. I've also been told that I'm too trusting and too friendly. Yes, I know that this makes me vulnerable and open to more pain. But this is how God made me and these are characteristics that I have learned (with God's help) to like about myself. If I listened to men and was concerned about being the "right one" for someone else I might have to deny the reality of who God created me to be. Instead, I prefer to view self-development as becoming more of the ME that God created. (Have I written this so that it makes sense? )

Ultimately, the only ONE I have to please, the only ONE whose opinion I need to be concerned with is GOD. And I am pleased to report that He finds me entirely wonderful, charming, and exciting! How do I know? Read Song of Songs. That's me he's talking about! And by the way, he feels the same way about you! Now isn't that cool? ! Blessings!
Pat :wave: :wave: :wave:

Levi44

Feb 26, 2005
Norfolk, VA
✟1,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ultimately, the only ONE I have to please, the only ONE whose opinion I need to be concerned with is GOD. And I am pleased to report that He finds me entirely wonderful, charming, and exciting! How do I know? Read Song of Songs. That's me he's talking about! And by the way, he feels the same way about you! Now isn't that cool? ! Blessings!
Pat :wave: :wave: :wave:

:amen: Thank you, Pat, for that wonderful devotion and the only one that we have to please is God!
Also, what in the world is wrong with a hearty laugh? I, too, have a very loud laugh and even snort when I laugh and no one has ever said anything to me!
God bless you - Hedi

Upvote 0