Scotland
✟245,239.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
no man knows the day or the hour...................but you will know when it is near, even at the door'

How long do you think it will be before the return of the King?

In your lifetime? Within the decade?

If you have any thoughts or insight please share. Are there any prophets here like Simeon in the gospel of Luke?

Maranatha

TPeterY

But seek first the Kingdom of God....
Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
No man knows the hour or day but I'll humbly take a jab at the year and say "It won't surprise me if it happens on 2018." The Season might be Spring or Autumn.

Matthew 24:34
New King James Version (NKJV)
34 Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

A generation is 70 years in the bible. (1948 + 70 = 2018)

Psalm 90:10
10 The days of our lives are seventy years;
And if by reason of strength they are eighty years,
Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;
For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

Contrary to what most people think, The 7 Seals are Signs from Jesus for those keeping watch longing for His return. They are not judgments like the Trumpets and Bowls, they are to let us know His return is very near. Throughout the books of Matthew, Mark and Luke, Jesus gave signs and warnings to help us be alert, it's also why He was select worthy to open the Seals.

The first 5 Seals already happened. I'm too lazy to type out all the information explaining what they are so you'll just have to take my word. :p

BBC News - Major earthquake strikes south-east Iran

Revelation 6:12
Sixth Seal: Cosmic Disturbances

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood.

The 6th Seal was opened last year and the Earthquake happened in Iran. The Four Blood Moons are just ahead.

Revelation 6:13-16
13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place. 15 And the kings of the earth, the great men, the rich men, the commanders, the mighty men, every slave and every free man, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains, 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb!

Verses 13-16 is referring to Iran's attack on Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia is Mystery Babylon and also known for it's 7 mountains. There's many bible verses on Mystery Babylon in the old testament. I just pasted Isaiah 13. Isaiah 21 is also good.

NOTE: If you wanna know about The AntiChrist, Mystery Babylon, and the nations involved in the battle of the end times, the last 16 books of the Old Testament are what people should also read.

Isaiah 13:1-22
Proclamation Against Babylon

1 The burden against Babylon which Isaiah the son of Amoz saw.
2 “Lift up a banner on the high mountain,
Raise your voice to them;
Wave your hand, that they may enter the gates of the nobles.
3 I have commanded My sanctified ones;
I have also called My mighty ones for My anger—
Those who rejoice in My exaltation.”
4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains,
Like that of many people!
A tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together!
The Lord of hosts musters
The army for battle.

5 They come from a far country,
From the end of heaven—
The Lord and His weapons of indignation,
To destroy the whole land.
6 Wail, for the day of the Lord is at hand!
It will come as destruction from the Almighty.
7 Therefore all hands will be limp,
Every man’s heart will melt,
8 And they will be afraid.
Pangs and sorrows will take hold of them;
They will be in pain as a woman in childbirth;
They will be amazed at one another;
Their faces will be like flames.
9 Behold, the day of the Lord comes,
Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger,
To lay the land desolate;
And He will destroy its sinners from it.
10 For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not give their light;
The sun will be darkened in its going forth,
And the moon will not cause its light to shine.
11 “I will punish the world for its evil,
And the wicked for their iniquity;
I will halt the arrogance of the proud,
And will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a mortal more rare than fine gold,
A man more than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will shake the heavens,
And the earth will move out of her place,
In the wrath of the Lord of hosts
And in the day of His fierce anger.
14 It shall be as the hunted gazelle,
And as a sheep that no man takes up;
Every man will turn to his own people,
And everyone will flee to his own land.
15 Everyone who is found will be thrust through,
And everyone who is captured will fall by the sword.
16 Their children also will be dashed to pieces before their eyes;
Their houses will be plundered
And their wives ravished.
17 “Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them,
Who will not regard silver;
And as for gold, they will not delight in it.
18 Also their bows will dash the young men to pieces,
And they will have no pity on the fruit of the womb;
Their eye will not spare children.
19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms,
The beauty of the Chaldeans’ pride,
Will be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
20 It will never be inhabited,
Nor will it be settled from generation to generation;
Nor will the Arabian pitch tents there,
Nor will the shepherds make their sheepfolds there.
21 But wild beasts of the desert will lie there,
And their houses will be full of owls;
Ostriches will dwell there,
And wild goats will caper there.
22 The hyenas will howl in their citadels,
And jackals in their pleasant palaces.
Her time is near to come,
And her days will not be prolonged.”

The Medes is referring to Iran.

Medes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Walid Shoebat also explains Saudi Arabia being attacked by Iran.

‘Mystery Babylon’ is Mecca not Vatican

This could possible happen in 2016-2017. In his speech to the UN late last year, Benjamin Netanyahu mentioned Iran will have nuclear capability by 2016-2017. However, Iran might not yet use it against Saudi Arabia until later into the tribulation, but they will surely attack SA and Israel once they have the capability.

'Iran's Rouhani is wolf in sheep's clothing' - Netanyahu to UN General Assembly (FULL SPEECH) - YouTube

This takes us now to Rev 6:17.

Revelation 6:17
17 "For the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?
”

Revelation 7:9, 17 talks about The Rapture, and vaguely about the Bema Seat.

Revelation 7:9
A Multitude from the Great Tribulation

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Revelation 7:17
17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters.[a] And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

There's 3 times in Heaven where God will wipe away the tear from their eyes. The first time is after the Bema Seat, the second is after The marriage Supper of The lamb, and the third time is after The Great White Throne Judgement after the Millennium. Why am I telling you all this, it's because they all take place in Heaven during the tribulation.

Matthew 22:1-2, 13
The Parable of the Wedding Feast

1 And Jesus answered and spoke to them again by parables and said: 2 “The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,

13 Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and[a] cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

--------------------

Matthew 25:14
The Parable of the Talents

14 “For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.

Matthew 25:21
21 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

Matthew 25:30
30 And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

--------------------

Revelation 21:4
4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

--------------------

The 7th Seal doesn't give any signs of Jesus' return because we're already raptured unto Him in Heaven, but they are to commence The Seven Trumpets. Now is when The 7 year Tribulation begins.

The first things we do when in Heaven is receive our Crowns during the Judgement Seat of Christ, follow by the Marriage Supper of The Lamb which is broken into 2 events; the wedding ceremony and the wedding feast. By then, it'll take us to Revelation 19:6-16 which concludes The Marriage Supper of The Lamb follow by The Second Coming.

Notice also on Rev 19:6, it once again describes "a great multitude?" That's us in Heaven after the rapture.

Revelation 7:9
A Multitude from the Great Tribulation

9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands,

Revelation 19:6
6 And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, “Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns!

------------------------------

Lastly, I wanna make this clear about Matthew 24:31. Jesus is talking about gathering all those who repented and came to God during the Great Tribulation to commence the Millennium as liken to what God did when He gathered the Jews from all over the world back in 1948 when Israel was reborn as a nation.

Matthew 24:31
31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

This is not a rapture, and it's not up for debate. This is to help people better understand Revelation. Don't care for Pre vs Post Trib arguments. You're just gonna be ignored.

If you wanna debate, the two witnesses are Elijah and Moses, The Prophet and The Law.

Oh yeah, one last thing. At 70 AD, The Temple Mount was destroyed and Israel cease being a nation. Might be just a coincidence that 2018 is also 70 years from 1948, but it wouldn't surprise me if Israel get the Temple Mount sometimes after the Four Blood Moons and finalize it's restoration as a nation.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
no man knows the day or the hour...................but you will know when it is near, even at the door'

If you have any thoughts or insight please share. Are there any prophets here like Simeon in the gospel of Luke?

Maranatha

***** STAFF EDIT *****

First though, there has to be Gog/Magog. And before that, the little horn Antichrist become leader of Europe. And before that, the formation of the ten leader final form of the EU.

Nonetheless, we may be seeing the groundwork for Gog/Magog in the EU vs Russia over the Ukraine's trading agreement with the Russians - the Ukraine leadership having rejected the EU's trading agreement with them (the Ukraine) and favoring the Russians instead.

So there's some political resentment being built up there. Gog/Magog of course is about the Muslim countries attacking Israel. But Russia and probably the Ukraine will be allied with them. And the Russian are on Syria's side, which also has a mutual defense pact with the Iranian's.

When Gog/Magog mobilizes and begins to move, the Antichrist little horn who will have come to power as the leader of the EU, will have double incentive to stop it, plus interior motive. 1. He will be leader of the EU, which they are ticked off right now about the Russia/Ukraine deal. 2. He will be a Jew. 3. The EU can't afford to have the oil rich Arab countries controlled by the presence of Russia and Iranian domination in the middle east.

The U.S 's "national interests" are in the oil also - which indirectly keeps our currency afloat - because to sell oil in the world market the currency is in dollars - which the U.S.'s gets agreement from OPEC by military strength to protect the Arabs states as long as they deal in dollars.

Iran tried to bust the U.S.'s currency by going to Euro's but that didn't get the support they needed - instead go a bargo.

So the Russia/Ukraine agreement - which the Ukraine's government has corruption in it, as I understand it, and the people are rebelling, and the other factor of the oil - is going to incentive the Antichrist little horn to try and stave off Gog/Magog, under the guise of keeping the peace in the region.

Of course before he gets his army there into the middle east, the attack happens and God supernaturally destroys Gog/Magog before they reach Jerusalem and the core population areas. Nonetheless, because the Antichrist, a Jew, will in the Jews eyes will have intended to come to their defense - they will view him as their long awaited King of Israel mashiach.

That's how the 7 years are going to start. At the end, Jesus returns to this earth to end the Antichrist-beast's time, and to be the King of Israel, welcomed by the Jews, blessed is He Who comes in the name of the Lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

***** STAFF EDIT *****

First though, there has to be Gog/Magog. And before that the little horn Antichrist become leader of Europe. And before that the formation of the ten leader final form of the EU.

Nonetheless, we may be see the groundwork for Gog/Magog in the EU vs Russia over the Urkraine's trading agreement with the Russians - the leadership having rejected the EU's trading agreement with them (the Ukraine).

So there's some political resentment being built up there. Gog/Magog of course is about the Muslim countries attacking Israel. But Russia and probably the Ukraine will be allied with them. And the Russian are on Syria's side, which also has a mutual defense pact with the Irainian's.

When Gog/Magog mobilizes and begins to move, the Antichrist little horn who will have come to power as the leader of the EU, will have double incentive to stop it, plus interior motive. 1. He will be leader of the EU, which they are ticked off right now about the Russia/Ukraine deal. 2. He will be a Jew. 3. The EU can't afford to have the oil rich Arab countries controlled by the presence of Russia and Irainian domination in the middle east.

The U.S 's "national interests" are in the oil also - which indirectly keeps our currency afloat - because to sell oil in the world market the currency is in dollars - which the U.S.'s gets agreement from OPEC by military strength to protect the Arabs states as long as they deal in dollars.

Iran tried to bust the U.S.'s currency by going to Euro's but that didn't get the support they needed - instead go a bargo.

So the Russia/Ukraine agreement - which the Ukraine's government has corruption in it, as I understand it, and the people are rebelling, and the other factor of the oil - is going to incentive the Antichrist little horn to try and stave off Gog/Magog, under the guise of keeping the peace in the region.

Of course before he gets his army there into the middle east, the attack happens and God supernaturally destroys Gog/Magog before they reach Jerusalem and the core population areas. Nonetheless, because the Antichrist, a Jew, will in the Jews eyes will have intended to come to their defense - they will view him as their long awaited King of Israel mashiach.

That's how the 7 years are going to start. At the end, Jesus returns to this earth to end the Antichrist-beast's time, and to be the King of Israel, welcomed by the Jews, blessed is He Who comes in the name of the Lord.

With respect to your stated objective, I think that your thoughts here are fascinating, so thank you for posting this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,700.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God has given mankind seven days of heavenly time; from Creation to Completion. As 1 day to God is 1000 years for us, there were 4000 years from Adam in 3971 BCE, to the commencement of Jesus' ministry in 29/30 CE and there will be 2000 years before He Returns for the Millennial reign of 1000 years. Total: the perfect seven, with the last period being the Sabbath rest equivalent.
Note that a year is one orbit of the earth around the sun, that is: 365.24 days.
Note 2, I add 1 year to the CE-BCE addition because of no year zero, the years are counted before they are completed. That is why only 1999 years had elapsed on 1 January 2000.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Maranatha

Matthew 24
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

"they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

@ 50 I would say in my lifetime

Order of events

One World Government,which shall fall apart,ie receive the deadly wound...satan appears live and in person as the antichrist(pretending to be Christ) and heals the wound....

At which time we shall go from a one world government,to a one world religon as well,that's when we shall have peace,and when that happens Christ returns with sudden destruction...

I would like to add the Christ returns,3 1/2 days after the two witnesses are killed....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,700.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes in2thelight, I believe I will see the Return and I am 72.
What you miss in your sequence, is the event that will enable the establishment of a One World Govt. It will be the many prophesied judgement/punishment of fire from the sun, Isaiah 30:26-28, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zeph 3:8, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:10, Rev 6:12-17 and many others. This terrible Day will be triggered by an attack on Israel, something we can expect very soon. The next 16 years will see the fulfilment of all the prophesies up to the return of Jesus for His Millennial reign.

Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Maranatha

IMHO, I believe that the Messiah man is here today and alive and likely an old man but hasn't been yet been glorified, which means that He is not recognized by the world until that very moment when the Father intervenes by having the Son step forward at just the precise time to face the dragon who has already taken God's people captive some time ago.

I read many posts and threads and all have either a preterits or futurist view and never a "Now" view, never, never, never. No matter what time we step into, whether it be 1940 or 2014, the views are either of the two of never, "Now".

I have personally challenged the world's mainstream theology and I have looked at only what I hear spoken from the Word in the Bible, and I see so much differently than the way that I have searched and never found. I thought to look where no one else is looking.

I have concluded a new timeline with other relevant history that is not being examined, as well. I come up with a very accurate view in my mind, and it's not like this world but of another Kingdom.

Upvote 0

bibletruth469

Joyful
Apr 14, 2013
Acworth ga
✟19,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lismore said:
no man knows the day or the hour...................but you will know when it is near, even at the door' How long do you think it will be before the return of the King? In your lifetime? Within the decade? If you have any thoughts or insight please share. Are there any prophets here like Simeon in the gospel of Luke? Maranatha

Many of the prophecies about the nation of Israel are coming to pass in our generation. They become a nation in 1948. Before that time, it was very hard for people to understand end time prophecy before they became a nation. Now, left and right, prophecies are being fulfilled . I believe that God uses that tiny nation as a prophetic time clock on what is happening now on the world scene.

You are right. We do not know the day or hour , but we can see it fast approaching . I believe it will be in our lifetime.

Upvote 0
N

n2thelight

Yes in2thelight, I believe I will see the Return and I am 72.
What you miss in your sequence, is the event that will enable the establishment of a One World Govt. It will be the many prophesied judgement/punishment of fire from the sun, Isaiah 30:26-28, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zeph 3:8, Malachi 4:1, 2 Peter 3:10, Rev 6:12-17 and many others. This terrible Day will be triggered by an attack on Israel, something we can expect very soon. The next 16 years will see the fulfilment of all the prophesies up to the return of Jesus for His Millennial reign.

Yea I believe it will be a natural dieaster that triggers it as well,or the collaspe of the dollar,perhaps both....

I think we will enter into martial law when that happens

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Do you think James the apostle knew that?

You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned.Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!

(James 5:8-9)

Or was James mistaken?

Upvote 0

You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near. Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned.Behold, the Judge is standing at the door!

Or was James mistaken?

I see it clearly that if He is standing at the door in the last-day this then must mean that He is here in the flesh but not yet been Glorified, just like having placed a new light bulb in the Lamp and have yet to flip the switch on to illuminate it over the entire world. This is what I believe is hidden from most.

At the Door.... and what is the Door? There's much more to this prophecy than one knows, IMHO.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

parousia70 said in post 16:

Or was James mistaken?

The holy scripture of James 5:8-9 must be understood from the viewpoint of God, not of any man (2 Peter 3:8-9; 2 Peter 1:20-21), because Jesus' 2nd coming has never happened.

Jesus will return "in like manner" as he ascended (Acts 1:11b) in that just as at the end of his first coming he was seen by literal eyes to ascend physically from the Mount of Olives into a literal cloud and on into heaven (Acts 1:9,12, cf. Luke 24:39), so at his 2nd coming he will be seen in literal clouds by literal eyes (Revelation 1:7, Matthew 24:30) to physically descend from heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:16) and set his feet on the Mount of Olives (Zechariah 14:3-21).

When Jesus returns, immediately after the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24 (Revelation 19:7-21, Matthew 24:29-31), he will descend bodily from heaven on a white horse (Revelation 19:7-21; 1 Thessalonians 4:16, Zechariah 14:3-4, Acts 1:11-12) with all the holy angels (Matthew 25:31; 2 Thessalonians 1:7) for all the world to see (Matthew 24:27,30, Revelation 1:7). Then the church will be bodily resurrected (if dead) or physically changed (if alive) into immortality (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-53; 1 Thessalonians 4:16, Revelation 20:4-6) and caught up together/gathered together (raptured) (Matthew 24:31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1) as high as the clouds of the sky to hold a meeting in the air with Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

At that meeting, Jesus will judge the church (Psalms 50:3-5, cf. Mark 13:27; 2 Corinthians 5:10, Luke 12:45-48) and marry its obedient part (Revelation 19:7-8, Matthew 25:1-12) in the clouds, before it mounts white horses and comes back down from sky (the first heaven) with Jesus (Revelation 19:14) as he defeats the world's armies (Revelation 19:19,21) and the Antichrist and False Prophet (Revelation 19:20), and has Lucifer (Satan) bound in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:1-3).

Jesus will then make the marriage supper of Revelation 19:9 for the obedient part of the church in the earthly Jerusalem (Isaiah 25:6-9; 1 Corinthians 15:54), while the birds will feast on the corpses of the world's defeated armies (Revelation 19:17-18). Then Jesus and the obedient part of the church will rule the surviving nations with a rod of iron for the full 1,000 years of the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 2). After the 1,000 years are over, Lucifer will be released from the bottomless pit and bring about the Gog/Magog rebellion, only to be defeated for the last time (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

At least 7 years after that defeat (Ezekiel 39:9b), the great white throne judgment will occur, in which all those who hadn't been resurrected and judged at Jesus' return will be resurrected and judged (Revelation 20:11-15). Then God will create a new heaven (a new first heaven: a new sky/atmosphere for the earth) and a new earth (a new surface for the earth) (Revelation 21:1; 2 Peter 3:10b,13). Then God the Father will descend from the 3rd heaven in the literal city of New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:2), the Father's house (John 14:2, Revelation 21:3), and he will dwell on the earth with Jesus and the church (Revelation 21:3).

In one area outside the walls of New Jerusalem on the new earth will be the lake of fire (Revelation 22:15, Revelation 21:8) in which all of unsaved humanity will be punished forever in fire and brimstone with Lucifer and his fallen angels (Revelation 20:10,15, Matthew 25:41,46).

Upvote 0

Blain

Oct 28, 2012
✟15,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
well i guess first you would have to seperate two different ideas. lots of ppl se the kings return as the rapture while others see it as him coming to finnish satan off in armaggedon. so if the scripture no man knows the day or hour it would leave one to believe that according to the thief in the night he will take us[rapturely speaking] when we least expect him so setting a date or even month possibly even the year is not just pointless but damaging to our hope as well.
the return after armegedon and the rapture certainly may need to be figured out. but he will come as soon as we reach 6,000 years of creation and then the next 1,000 years we reign with him in peace and rest. so perhaps he will finnish off satan @ the 6000 mark?

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Blain said in post 19:

so if the scripture no man knows the day or hour it would leave one to believe that according to the thief in the night he will take us[rapturely speaking] when we least expect him so setting a date or even month possibly even the year is not just pointless but damaging to our hope as well.

Matthew 24:36,42,44 refers to Jesus' 2nd coming (Matthew 24:37,42,44), which Jesus had just finished saying won't happen until immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31). So in Matthew 24:42,44, Jesus can mean that only if believers don't watch (stay awake, spiritually) during the tribulation, the 2nd coming will happen at an hour they don't know/think not (cf. the if principle of Revelation 3:3b). In the context of Matthew 24:36,42,44, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Matthew 24:43-44a; 1 Thessalonians 5:4).

Also, Jesus says "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Matthew 24:36), he doesn't say "of that day and hour no man will know". So it's possible that at a certain point in our future, some believers will come to know the date (as in the year, month, and day) of the 2nd coming before it happens. Also, if we mistakenly think that Jesus can come today or tomorrow (as is sometimes claimed by the pre-tribulation and symbolicist views), then how can we also claim that he will come when nobody thinks he will (Matthew 24:44)?

Also, compare the following: "of that day and hour knoweth no man" (Matthew 24:36), "the things of God knoweth no man" (1 Corinthians 2:11). If we claim the first verse means no man will ever know the date of the 2nd coming until it happens, then to be consistent we would have to also claim the 2nd verse means no man, not even believers, can know the things of God until the 2nd coming. But who would say that? For the Holy Spirit can currently reveal to believers the things of God (1 Corinthians 2:12-13). He can currently guide them into all truth and show them what will happen in the future (John 16:13), including the date of the 2nd coming. For, again, Jesus suggests that it is possible for believers to know when the 2nd coming will occur and to watch for it (Matthew 24:43-44a; 1 Thessalonians 5:4). Also, what Amos 3:7 says would include the 2nd coming: Surely God the Father won't send Jesus back without having first revealed to some believers the secret of the date of the 2nd coming.

Jesus could return on the 1,335th day after the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) is set up in a 3rd Jewish temple (Daniel 12:11-12, Revelation 16:15, Daniel 11:31,36, Matthew 24:15).

Blain said in post 19:

but he will come as soon as we reach 6,000 years of creation and then the next 1,000 years we reign with him in peace and rest.

Note that the Bible doesn't require the earth is only 6,000 years old. All it requires is Adam was created about 6,000 years ago. For various scriptures make it possible to estimate the year BC that Adam (as opposed to the earth) was created, by working back from the year BC that Solomon's temple began to be built. Historians say it began to be built about 966 BC. And the scriptures show it began to be built 480 years after Israel's Exodus from Egypt (1 Kings 6:1). And Israel had spent 430 years in Egypt before the Exodus (Exodus 12:40-41). And Israel entered Egypt when Jacob was 130 (Genesis 47:9). And Jacob was born when his father Isaac was 60 (Genesis 25:26). And Isaac was born when his father Abraham was 100 (Genesis 21:5). And Abraham was born when his father Terah was about 70 (Genesis 11:26). And Terah was born when his father Nahor was 29 (Genesis 11:24). And Nahor was born when his father Serug was 30 (Genesis 11:22). And Serug was born when his father Reu was 32 (Genesis 11:20). And Reu was born when his father Peleg was 30 (Genesis 11:18).

And Peleg was born when his father Eber was 34 (Genesis 11:16). And Eber was born when his father Salah was 30 (Genesis 11:14). And Salah was born when his father Arphaxad was 35 (Genesis 11:12). And Arphaxad was born when his father Shem was 100 (Genesis 11:10). And Shem was born when his father Noah was 502 (Genesis 11:10 and Genesis 7:6). And Noah was born when his father Lamech was 182 (Genesis 5:28-29). And Lamech was born when his father Methuselah was 187 (Genesis 5:25). And Methuselah was born when his father Enoch was 65 (Genesis 5:21). And Enoch was born when his father Jared was 162 (Genesis 5:18). And Jared was born when his father Mahalaleel was 65 (Genesis 5:15). And Mahalaleel was born when his father Cainan was 70 (Genesis 5:12). And Cainan was born when his father Enos was 90 (Genesis 5:9). And Enos was born when his father Seth was 105 (Genesis 5:6). And Seth was born when his father Adam was 130 (Genesis 5:3).

Adding up the numbers of years above, we see that Adam was created about 4114 BC. This lines up with the fact our current human civilization began about 4000 BC. If Adam was created about 4114 BC, this means 6,000 years since Adam's creation were completed back at the end of about 1886 AD, and that the 7th millennium began about 1887 AD. (But this doesn't mean the millennium of Revelation 20:4-6 has started yet.) Also, it's curious that the next year (1888 AD) Blavatsky published her book (The Secret Doctrine) referring to the "New Age". Also, it's curious that the Mayan calendar begins in 3114 BC, exactly 1,000 years after 4114 BC. Also, the numbers of years in the scriptures referenced above show that Abraham (who was first promised the land of Israel by God: Exodus 32:13) was born about 1948 years after Adam's creation, just as the modern state of Israel was established in 1948 AD.

Upvote 0