The reason you can't lose your salvation.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The question you asked was this:
"Tell us what the Anglican church means by tradition and how you think this differs from what Catholics mean."
That is the question I answered--what it "means."

By Tradition basically is meant what the church has believed, always, and everywhere. I'm not going to try list all of them, here and now. But by the way, "Sacred Tradition" to the RCC is much more than you listed yourself.
I'm sure you can list a few of the biggies. Or is there a problem doing so?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I said this:
"Yes, that is what James wrote.

What did John write in 1 Jn 1:9?"

Gee, I did. Please read what I post.
Saying "Yeah that's what James wrote," is not the same as dealing with it.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I'm sure He can use doctors and medicines.

I'm obligated to seek forgiveness of others for whom I have offended, and I'm obligated to confess my sins to God, who forgives my sin and cleanses me from all unrighteousness.
God indeed uses doctors, just as he used doctors back then. And he expects you to go to the presbyters for prayers and annointing now just as he did back then.

You are obligated to confess your sins, all of them, on to another. Not just to God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you can list a few of the biggies. Or is there a problem doing so?

Just looking for a fight, eh? Or should I say, trying to set some trap. I accommodated you when you were asking serious questions, but I won't play this game. Sorry.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God indeed uses doctors, just as he used doctors back then. And he expects you to go to the presbyters for prayers and annointing now just as he did back then.

You are obligated to confess your sins, all of them, on to another. Not just to God.
We will have to agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Just looking for a fight, eh? Or should I say, trying to set some trap. I accommodated you when you were asking serious questions, but I won't play this game. Sorry.
You won't list them because they will be the same list as the Catholic list.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Obeying it. Or providing some sort of rationalization why you should not have to obey it, but the word obey should appear in the answer.
I don't know how I forgot, but James 5:16 says to confess our faults to one another. The Greek word is paraptoma. In 1 Jn 1:9 the word for sin is hamartia. They're not the same thing.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know how I forgot, but James 5:16 says to confess our faults to one another. The Greek word is paraptoma. In 1 Jn 1:9 the word for sin is hamartia. They're not the same thing.
So what? You have many biblical words, like sin, iniquities, trespasses, offenses, transgressions, etc. It all boils down to the same thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guru03

Relationship with Jesus = Freedom
Nov 2, 2012
Greenville, SC
✟7,685.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is because you cant be "unborn again".

"but what about where James says that my faith is dead".

Ok, then, tomorrow, or in the next few days, stop backsliding and get right.

"but what if i sin willingly/willfully as there is no more sacrifice for my sins"..

Ok, well, be glad you are not a Hebrew..... and be glad that when you heard the Gospel, you didn't sin willingly or willfully and REJECT CHRIST, because if you do that you have sinned willfully away your chance to be saved, similar as those HEBREWS who were being warned not to do it. (in the letter to the HEBREWS)

"but if im seated in Heavenly Places, cant i be unseated and kicked back to earth".

No, but you can ask a stupid question and apparently not realize it.

"But, if im sealed unto the day of redemption by the HS, cant i unseal it with my dead faith or if i backslide until the day i die, and even tell all my friends that i dont believe any more in Jesus"..

No, but you can become so seared in your conscience that you wont ever again feel the feelings or joy of being saved, and will have a completely dead heart towards God, Jesus, and Christianity in general,... however, that does not kick you out of heaven where you are seated with Jesus, it does not take you out of your "in Christ" position as a Child of God....... but it just proves that you are stupid and will suffer the loss of what you could have had here as the best life God had for you as well as your testimony and perhaps you'll get sick and die much younger then you would have......., and you will also suffer the loss of what you could have had as REWARDS at the Judgement seat of Christ".

"So you mean if im born again, i am now the blood bought property of God until he dies, and i cant undo it with my anti-Christian lifestyle or my dead faith or my willful sinning".

EXACTLY.:)

You nailed it. I became a Christian the day before Valentines day this year [And yes , I want to live a life pleasing to God]; your post explained in long form the one of the biggest reasons I became a Christian and why I love Jesus. Because I want God's best for myself in this life- that's why I do the best I can to follow Jesus (My works are not that great, even compared to other Christians; no Christian is "more saved" than the other).

I apologize for any syntax errors that I made.

Upvote 0