Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, how did God answer Job's questions in the "whirlwind speech" at the end of the book?
The only thing that wasn't from the beginning of the book was the daughters inheritances.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, how did God answer Job's questions in the "whirlwind speech" at the end of the book?
Who are you to question my sovereignty in all things

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I recall, God did not answer any question about why Job suffered. He asked Job questions, which I think were meant to show Job that he was not able to understand God's ways.

One thing I see is that Job still was not as real and humble like he needed to become. He could justify himself, instead of simply trusting the LORD.

Proverbs 3:5-6.

But did that suffering help him?

Though he suffered, at the end he saw Jesus face-to-face. Somehow, possibly, his suffering brought him to that. But the suffering did not teach him what the LORD Himself was bringing out.

It was like this with Paul, too > 1 Corinthians 12:7-15 > Paul had his thorn in the flesh thing, and he wanted the Lord to take it away. So, he was not getting something out of his sufferings. But what helped Paul was to have a little talk with Jesus and heed what Jesus had to say.

In whatever we do or go through, then, I would say, we need how God has us understand and do things.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who are you to question my sovereignty in all things

I often get tired of wondering why God does things. I end up so worn out that I just say God is control, not me, and if he kills me then he kills me, if he gives me life then he gives me life. Who am I to war against God? I hope in his righteousness, his mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I often get tired of wondering why God does things. I end up so worn out that I just say God is control, not me, and if he kills me then he kills me, if he gives me life then he gives me life. Who am I to war against God? I hope in his righteousness, his mercy.

The story of Job is for us it was an example in service to us so that we might keep in mind that GOD is sovereign and all things are under His sovereign comtrol

Even when things seem to us to be so out of control

And we are to remember and wait, trusting that HE is faithful and is working out all things for the good for those who love HIM and are called according to HIS purpose

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The story of Job is for us to remember that HE is in sovereign control and all things are under HIS sovereignty

Even when things seem so out of control

And we are to remember that HE is faithful and is working out all things for the good for those who love HIM and are called according to HIS purpose

That's what I put my hope in.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what happens when you don't take the bible as a whole ;)
Do you know why GOD spoke to Elijah? It was a completely different reason from why GOD spoke to Job

And it's important to know the difference between the two conversations

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you know why GOD spoke to Elijah? It was a completely different reason from why GOD spoke to Job

And it's important to know the difference between the two conversations
God spoke to Elijah because he was losing heart. Seems both the same reason to me

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now with Job it was because Job had made a vow not to open his mouth lest his mouth cause him to sin but after the Constsnt banterings of his friends and his wife, Job opened his mouth

And it was then that GOD spoke to him saying where were you when I did these things?

GOD was not speaking calmly to JOB

That's why it was a "whirlwind" speech

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God spoke to Elijah because he was losing heart. Seems both the same reason to me
okay. I agree with that

Because both allowed their carnal lower emotions to interfere with their faith in GOD as sovereign in all seasons

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,889.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now with Job it was because Job had made a vow not to open his mouth lest his mouth cause him to sin but after the Constsnt banterings of his friends and his wife, Job opened his mouth

And it was then that GOD spoke to him saying where were you when I did these things?

GOD was not speaking calmly to JOB

That's why it was a "whirlwind" speech
Do you think he just 'thought' to curse God and die but didn't voice it??

Upvote 0