It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
...White People Say ‘All Lives Matter’

Dear fellow white people, let’s have an honest talk about why we say “All Lives Matter.” First of all, notice that no one was saying “All Lives Matter” before people started saying “Black Lives Matter.” So “All Lives Matter” is a response to “Black Lives Matter.” Apparently, something about the statement “Black Lives Matter” makes us uncomfortable. Why is that?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Dear fellow white people, let’s have an honest talk about why we say “All Lives Matter.” First of all, notice that no one was saying “All Lives Matter” before people started saying “Black Lives Matter.” So “All Lives Matter” is a response to “Black Lives Matter.” Apparently, something about the statement “Black Lives Matter” makes us uncomfortable. Why is that?

Becasue racism ends when people stop talking about skin color
as if color was the problem of kids getting school door closed
in their faces. My wife is unable to get some kids accepted
into special education programs. Why? Because you can't
qualify as learning disabled if your not in school 50% of the
time school is open. Color is not closing the doors.
Who has the power?

Reactions: Gwen-is-new!
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Before we even start to discuss this, I think we should get the usual accusations against anyone (a minority or not) who dares discuss any racial issues out of the way.

(1) President Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson (who else is there?) are all responsible for this racial divide in this country. It is all their fault.

(2) You are race baiting.

(3) Stop playing the race card.

(4) Stop playing the victim - which is directed to any minority who dares to discuss racial issues or discuss what happened to their people in this country.

(5) Get over it and stop living in the past - this is also directed to any minority who dares to discuss racial issues or discuss what happened to their ancestors in this country. It should be mentioned and noted that this accusation does not apply to white Americans who want to remember and commemorate 9-11, Pearl Harbor, any American war and veterans, the Confederacy, Southern pride, the Alamo or any other non-minority history or tragedy. It only applies to minorities in an attempt to shame and silence them.

And finally last but not least, my personal favorite, stop being such a sore loser. Hm... I wonder if "If you don't love America, you can leave it!" will come up here or black people should learn to show more respect toward the police or their culture is responsible or whatever other excuse has come up in these discussions. Anyway, did I miss any other accusation? Hopefully not. So, with all of these usual accusations said and out of the way, maybe we can go on and discuss this issue without any of them popping up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Becasue racism ends when people stop talking about skin color
as if color was the problem of kids getting school door closed
in their faces. My wife is unable to get some kids accepted
into special education programs. Why? Because you can't
qualify as learning disabled if your not in school 50% of the
time school is open. Color is not closing the doors.
Who has the power?
Didn't bother to open the link? Not that it matters, I'm sure...

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The phrase "Black Lives Matter" began in response to a set of circumstances in which black people were being victimized preferentially. The response "All Lives Matter" is somewhat disturbing not because it is in any way untrue but because it deflects attention away from the problems black people are facing in the here and now.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn't bother to open the link? Not that it matters, I'm sure...

OK....just read it. My response is the same.
I treat black people based on how they act.
I had a close friend in HS and we hung out
based on how he acted. We were friends.
It didn't really occur to me he was black.
My dad asked about my girlfriend. It didn't
really occur to me she was polish-ski.

There was a black family in our neighborhood.
One was albino and one kid severely "retarded."
It didn't influence my opinion of blacks in general.
Sit down and shut up - Who has the power?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The phrase "Black Lives Matter" began in response to a set of circumstances in which black people were being victimized preferentially. The response "All Lives Matter" is somewhat disturbing not because it is in any way untrue but because it deflects attention away from the problems black people are facing in the here and now.

And BLM deflects attention away from the problems the victims are causing.
Who has the power to sit down and shut up?

Becasue every video I've seen (except for the guy on his back)
could have ended quietly with sit down and shut up.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
every time I hear that

support_troops.jpg

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
every time I hear that

support_troops.jpg

And here is another one.

HypocrisyofAllLivesMatter.jpg

Arthur Chu also has another related tweet, but since it includes an acronym for a foul word, I will improvise.

"WT_ is the impulse behind changing #BlackLivesMatter to #AllLivesMatter. Do you crash strangers' funerals shouting I TOO HAVE FELT LOSS"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So... racial identity politics, but white people like me should advocate for the interests of some other group while everyone else is fine advocating for the interests of their own groups. Also white people are inherently racist and supporting continued oppression because... reasons. Plus unarmed white people don't get killed by the police. Right.

I also think it's funny how he consistently capitalizes "black" but not "white".

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

It makes us uncomfortable because of the vitriol associated with this movement, not just the words, but the actions they commit, and the insinuation that only black lives matter.

Not from all, of course, but a vocal few.

For example.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I do not mean to offend, I am sure what I am about to say will offend some people. But the first thought that came to my mind after hearing about the incident in the video was karma. As the old adage says, what goes around comes around and something about reaping and sowing. I guess it is no wonder some white people are terrified of eventually becoming the minority in this country and then there is the possibility of them being treated like minorities are treated and have been treated in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
While I do not mean to offend, I am sure what I am about to say will offend some people. But the first thought that came to my mind after hearing about the incident in the video was karma. As the old adage says, what goes around comes around and something about reaping and sowing.
Yeah, I'm sure all those white liberals at a BLM march were the ones keeping down black people for so long.

I guess it is no wonder some white people are terrified of eventually becoming the minority in this country and then there is the possibility of them being treated like minorities are treated and have been treated in the past.
I'd think a Native American would at least understand the fear of being made a minority in one's own land. Maybe not empathize with those people (because, ya know, white people are bad and we deserve it), but understand it nonetheless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd think a Native American would at least understand the fear of being made a minority in one's own land. Maybe not empathize with those people (because, ya know, white people are bad and we deserve it), but understand it nonetheless.

I do understand it and I do empathize. I do not like the possibility of white people being driven like herds of cattle across the country to live off of barren scraps of wasteland or murdered for the land they live on or white children being taken from their parents to be forcibly assimilated and having their Anglo heritage and culture beaten out of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It's overtly racist. That's what wrong with it.

Upvote 0