benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Since are from Palestine, why do you care?

If memory serves me right... He's an American who is in the military and he is an old poster from long ago... if he is in Palestine now... maybe you should listen to him because he's there, so he knows what's really is going on...

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am from New York, sorry. Not that I think your xenophobia would be a valid viewpoint anyway. People of all nations and backgrounds can post here.

Nothing to do with phobia - and so now i assume you are a democratic voter.
Usually its the race card thing that ALWAYS comes out. ;)

It doesnt matter where someone is from, if someone were from another country - why should they care?? That was my question.
I dont care who a country somewhere else votes in. Nothing i could do about it anyway.

So as a democrat you have leanings towards the weakest in hopes they win so they can be chopped up in the press over everything even unrelated to the issues?
Take Palin for instance.
She was strong, intelligent, female and experienced. What did they go after her for...?
For keeping her family with her on the road. For her daughter making a poor choice and getting pregnant. [BUT keeping the baby and NOT aborting - which was not looked at]

ANYTHING to keep the real issues of her experience [her good ideas] and the good things she did do - out of the immediate attention. Nit picked over the slightest things - because they didnt have anything else on her. :thumbsup:

Its all fear driven and it stinks - ask any canine.

Am I wrong in assuming you are a democratic voter?

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green

It doesnt matter where someone is from, if someone were from another country - why should they care?? That was my question.
I dont care who a country somewhere else votes in. Nothing i could do about it anyway.

So as a democrat you have leanings towards the weakest in hopes they win so they can be chopped up in the press over everything even unrelated to the issues?
Take Palin for instance.
She was strong, intelligent, female and experienced. What did they go after her for...?
For keeping her family with her on the road. For her daughter making a poor choice and getting pregnant. [BUT keeping the baby and NOT aborting - which was not looked at]

ANYTHING to keep the real issues of her experience [her good ideas] and the good things she did do - out of the immediate attention. Nit picked over the slightest things - because they didnt have anything else on her. :thumbsup:

Nope, I'm not a Democrat. I'm an American. I'm supporting Ron Paul. Find a new talking point.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Take Palin for instance.

:confused:

If I am correct- which he has not confirmed so I dunno, he's in the military fighting for your rights to be an American...

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why does color matter?
I mentioned my friend because for the past 4 years it is all i heard about - was color.
Issues mean more.
If Cain wasnt set up - which he was liklely set up - i would have voted for him and why are ppl allowed to be white but we cannot call anyone black?

SO many confusing things now - like a deliberate use of the race card as tho that is all that matters in this. [past discussions]

And hi. Good to meet a fellow Burgher.
Brookline, Beechview, Dormont? I assume South Hills...where i grew up. We may even know one another. :D

I admit, former Democrat here. ;) Same with half my family.

Hi, it is nice to meet some one form the same area but I am from fruther south, like near the West Virginia border (southern border not western border). I wish I could afford to live in the South Hills, but I like living in the country. I do think the Koch brothers set up Herman Cain, I hope he was in on it too. I only mentioned race in responce to you, but I will say I know many ppl who voted for Obama in spite of his race, ppl who I was surprised voted for a black man for president. Race does still play a role in politics but it is getting less so all the time, I am proud of our country, we may have a way to go but we have come a long way. I did not agree with W on many things but do give him props for Condi, I had a lot of respect for her for him holding his ground on the stem cell issuse despite pressure from the Regan camp.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can I ask you all a question. . . arn't you just a little bit insulted on a personal level when a man who's cheated on 2 different wives and divorced them both tries to talk to you about God and Family?

I'm insulted by him talking about God and Family. He's been doing it for ages, he was saying the same crap back while cheating on his wives. Its personally insulting to hear him preach to me about God and family.

And what's worse is when given the opprotunity to take responsibility for his sins on National TV, the first thing he says is that he was working too hard because of how passionatly he feels for his country. Give me a break, its even more pandering.

Its like we're suppose to swoon over him just cause he can say the words "God, Family, and Patriotism"

I don't like Obama's politics but if it comes down between Gingrich and him. . . I'm gonna vote for the real family man. Barrack Obama... Because there is little worse for me then having a president I can't respect as a person.

I have no respect for Newt Gingrich. I'd respect him more if he actually would just say he's a horn dog and admits he doesn't care about anyone but him. I might respect him more if he publically took more ownership of his sins. But he does neither one, instead he tries to preach to me about God and Family. That man knows nothing about family values because he has none. The only thing "family values" means to him is that he's against gay marriage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
voted for a black man for president.

That always gets me. Why do you all forget that Obama had a mother (or at least discount her *equal* contribution to his DNA? I can't *believe* ya'll are discriminatory toward her. Obama's mother was caucasian--white. Only Obama's non-U.S. citizen father was black. That makes Obama a mulatto--black *and* white mixed.

If ya'll were looking for just a black man--I believe Cain was black. And in the election of 2008, Alan Keyes was black. (And he was pro-life too and someone whose *policies* the Catholic Bishops did not have a problem with.) :::Ya, I know, never end a sentence with a proposition. However, it's early for me--haven't even had my cup of coffee yet--so please put the sentence in the right order for me.:::

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It is possible that the Church and/or wife #3 has changed Newt.....
However, this theme about Obama being the Food Stamp President makes me wonder if he really has changed?
From what i read he started attending Mass because he wanted to hear her sing.
He began to convert in his heart as he did so.
He began to see this was the right place. The Mass moved him - and not the current wife.

God was working on him - and it changed him.

Will he cheat later?
Anyone can revert - to their sins. So we dont have a crystal ball to know.

Hi, it is nice to meet some one form the same area but I am from fruther south, like near the West Virginia border (southern border not western border). I wish I could afford to live in the South Hills, but I like living in the country. I do think the Koch brothers set up Herman Cain, I hope he was in on it too. I only mentioned race in responce to you, but I will say I know many ppl who voted for Obama in spite of his race, ppl who I was surprised voted for a black man for president. Race does still play a role in politics but it is getting less so all the time, I am proud of our country, we may have a way to go but we have come a long way. I did not agree with W on many things but do give him props for Condi, I had a lot of respect for her for him holding his ground on the stem cell issuse despite pressure from the Regan camp.

So you are near Imperial?
I have a friend who lives there. You are probably close to her. That means we could meet up sometime when i visit her. :thumbsup:

It is cool meeting ppl in here. I live a little over an hour from Davidnic - i immensely enjoyed his wife's and his company.

Can I ask you all a question. . . arn't you just a little bit insulted on a personal level when a man who's cheated on 2 different wives and divorced them both tries to talk to you about God and Family?

I'm insulted by him talking about God and Family. He's been doing it for ages, he was saying the same crap back while cheating on his wives. Its personally insulting to hear him preach to me about God and family.

And what's worse is when given the opprotunity to take responsibility for his sins on National TV, the first thing he says is that he was working too hard because of how passionatly he feels for his country. Give me a break, its even more pandering.

Its like we're suppose to swoon over him just cause he can say the words "God, Family, and Patriotism"

I don't like Obama's politics but if it comes down between Gingrich and him. . . I'm gonna vote for the real family man. Barrack Obama... Because there is little worse for me then having a president I can't respect as a person.

I have no respect for Newt Gingrich. I'd respect him more if he actually would just say he's a horn dog and admits he doesn't care about anyone but him. I might respect him more if he publically took more ownership of his sins. But he does neither one, instead he tries to preach to me about God and Family. That man knows nothing about family values because he has none. The only thing "family values" means to him is that he's against gay marriage.

Though we may be able to ascertain a person's commitment and fidelity thru their past - the past is not always the future.

NOW if Newt had no interest or involvement in trying to change - [and he converted in 2009 when he was not speculating on the run for president - and he came in the last minute probably because he was coerced to do so...] then maybe ppl could say he doesnt have the character. Maybe.
However; like Santorum - i followed his political career - and he has some strong and viable issues that are very necessary to help this country. He is very experienced and under his leadership - as the third in place for president during the Clinton span - he is not some new comer to what we really do face.

He loves the Church. I dont see the conversion as a political strategy especially with all the scandals the Church has faced [and will again] - so for him to use this as a way to make inroads is highly unlikely.

And with that in mind - i would like to give him a chance to undo what Obama has done to us. Unemployment at a record high. The stats for average say - about 10% - but that is based only on the newest arrival of the unemployed. It is not based on the folks who dont receive unemployment benefits anymore...or work very part time.
More businesses closed than any other president.

OF all presidents from Washington to the current time - he spent the most and raised the deficit the highest with all combined.

He wants and is working desperately hard on removing religion from everything.
He doesnt care if someone has a religious or moral objection to dispensing BC or doing abortions - he is demanding it.

This is not leadership material for our country - this is dictatorship - and he is frequently frustrated by the set up that does not make his demands expedient. He threatens, coerces and deceives to get his way.

Obama has single handedly taken us to a depression that is slowly rotting not only us but all of those who work with us. Other nations who depend on our freedoms of choice. The health industry is in ruins and jobs and professionals are disappearing.

I will vote for Ron Paul, Mitt Romney or even SpongeBob if it means removing this inexperienced dim wit from office.

I hear Bikini Beach would vote. ;)

BUT the final thing is - Newt's heart may have changed for the better. His political career has already been outstanding and speaks for itself.
Same for Santorum....his career speaks of his integrity and honesty.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Your icon says that you aren't Catholic, so I understand that you aren't aware that the Sacrament of Confession (where we personally meet our Lord and Savior) and work to change our lives (as well as experience forgiveness). A non-Catholic wouldn't necessarily recognize that Newt is a new man. However, those in the Bible belt of South Carolina do understand repentence and forgiveness. That's probably why Newt Gingrich won the primary there.

It's also been years. That's not the same thing as "happening yesterday". I bet that's the reason no one is bringing up Carter's admission of "lusting after that woman--in my heart", Clinton's telling us that he smoked marijuana, but "didn't inhale", or Obama's confession about doing cocaine (in his book) or his supposed affair with Larry Sinclair in younger days. It's just not relevant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It bothers me too. It would be one thing if he just found God and only now jumped on the family values train - but he was selling God and family values to voters even when he was actively destroying his marriages. I wish he'd adopt "No, I'm serious, this time I really mean it!" as his campaign slogan.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Mike, his marriages aside and he has to face [with guilt maybe] what he had done. His political career has always been on the up and up.

And anyone remember Jane Wyman?
Reagan's first wife - who later converted after marrying what - 5 or more men before becoming Catholic and never marrying again.

Conversion does things to people. He converted of heart - so who are we to judge anyone on past sins if they are trying to work thru it now??

That would be like Jesus leaving Mary Magdelene to her rightful fate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your icon says that you aren't Catholic, so I understand that you aren't aware that the Sacrament of Confession (where we personally meet our Lord and Savior) and work to change our lives (as well as experience forgiveness). A non-Catholic wouldn't necessarily recognize that Newt is a new man. However, those in the Bible belt of South Carolina do understand repentence and forgiveness. That's probably why Newt Gingrich won the primary there.

I understand your theology in regards to confession, and I understand what repentence and forgiveness is. . . And no I'm not God so i can't see if his repentence is true.

However that having been said, his repentence doesn't strike me as true when on National TV when asked about his past he responded with well I did it partially because I worked too hard because of how passionatly I feel about this country.

I'm sorry but that doesn't strike my ears as anything but more pandering.

He could have said, I was selfish, I sinned against God, I hurt my wives, I hurt my children. I did these things for no other reason then for my own personal enjoyment of it all. And I can only pray that the people out there that I have hurt will in time forgive me for it all. And I am entirely committed to remaining completly faithful to my current wife.

But he didn't say that. He said that he did it because he loved his country so much.

A changed man takes full responsibility for their past failures. He doesn't try to pass it off as something that only happened because of how much he loved his country.

I don't buy it I'm sorry. You may, and that's fine. I don't buy it I don't think he's changed. Soon as he gets bored of this wife, he'll probably divorce her, marry the mistress and switch churchs again.

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That always gets me. Why do you all forget that Obama had a mother (or at least discount her *equal* contribution to his DNA? I can't *believe* ya'll are discriminatory toward her. Obama's mother was caucasian--white. Only Obama's non-U.S. citizen father was black. That makes Obama a mulatto--black *and* white mixed.

If ya'll were looking for just a black man--I believe Cain was black. And in the election of 2008, Alan Keyes was black. (And he was pro-life too and someone whose *policies* the Catholic Bishops did not have a problem with.) :::Ya, I know, never end a sentence with a proposition. However, it's early for me--haven't even had my cup of coffee yet--so please put the sentence in the right order for me.:::

Did you read the rest of my post, the ppl I was refering to voted for him despite his race not because of it, I am sure they would have prefered a white president but the were able to put these feelings aside. I do know what you mean, Obama was raised by the white members of his family but in reality if a person looks black most ppl will consider him to be black.
My foster to adopt son has an unknown birth father but he looks white and he world will consider him as such.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

It's also been years. That's not the same thing as "happening yesterday". I bet that's the reason no one is bringing up Carter's admission of "lusting after that woman--in my heart", Clinton's telling us that he smoked marijuana, but "didn't inhale", or Obama's confession about doing cocaine (in his book) or his supposed affair with Larry Sinclair in younger days. It's just not relevant.
It is a common thing - that the more left persuaded dont see the left political affairs and what not and issues on morality as important.

Poor Cain - but he did do the right thing. It smelled of set up.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟428,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Figured i would add in Newt's own words on his conversion - rather than what someone reports to be his reasoning.

Gingrich's Catholic Journey Began With Third Wife : NPR

Then let me show you his actual words - again. This was pages back.

Gingrich acknowledges his sins and says — in religious language — that he has sought forgiveness.
"People have to render judgment," he said in a recent debate in Iowa. "In my case, I've said upfront openly, I've made mistakes at times. I've had to go to God for forgiveness. I've had to seek reconciliation. But I'm also a 68-year-old grandfather, and I think people have to measure who I am now and whether I'm a person they can trust."

Upvote 0