Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I always pictured him in a microbus - but he wasn't driving. Peter would drive so Jesus could teach. :D

I don't think that the highly emotional Peter would have been appointed as Jesus' driver as he would have been very prone to road rage! Matthew the tax collector would have been a better choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B1inHim

LOVE one another
Nov 27, 2004
Cucamonga, Ca
✟10,781.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Matthew 16:24 (KJV)
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

I am sure that this means that if I deny myself that He will make me rich… rich in the fruit of the Spirit, rich in just about everything except finances.

Matthew 6:33 (KJV)
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

I am positive that this means that if I seek GOD in every single solitary thing that is in my life then He will add the necessities of life…

Lets look and see… : Matthew 6:24-32 (KJV)
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. [25] Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? [26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? [27] Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? [28] And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: [29] And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. [30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? [31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? [32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

YUP, just as I thought He will give me my needs as long as I am not seeking after them.
This is one of the units of faith that call for being in Him, if we are led to give to the poor (and we are) then let us do so with love. However… and I believe that many of y’all have heard this before… give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime…
The beggars and street people need a message of compassion and understanding, they need to simply hear about Lord Jesus. He didn’t live a palace or have a Rolls Royce (oh yeah, they didn’t have them back then huh… you know that I mean) and He did not sacrifice His life so that we could get all that stuff either.
He did not give up His GODship to make way for us to live in luxury; He did it so that we could be redeemed back unto GOD.
If there was anything that each of us could do that would be even better than tossing a dollar to the guy with the cardboard sign standing on the freeway off ramp, it would be to stop and take the time to tell that person how GOD so cares for Him that He suffered and died for them. And the good news it, HE ROSE BACK TO LIFE, IS SEATED IN HEAVEN ON THE RIGHT HAND OF FATHER AND THEY CAN HAVE ASSURANCE THAT THEY WILL BE WITH HIM ALSO, IF THEY WILL BELIEVE AND RECEIVE.
Then we can invite them to our church and the congregation can be used to help this person get back on their feet… Yeah I know, there are brothers and sisters in the congregation that need help too… I say we bunch up and live together and have all things in common again…hmmmm

Just a thought.

Shalom
Brother Jerry

Reactions: AngelusSax
Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I read John ch 6 and verses 26 - 27 reminded me that the whole prosperity preaching is wrong.
26Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."

Reactions: AngelusSax
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

In the same way, everyone of you who does not renounce all his possessions cannot be my disciple.
(Luke 14:33)
:amen: He wants your heart (It's always a heart thang!)
[25] Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: [26] "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters -- yes, even his own life -- he cannot be my disciple.

even my ipod?

Cost of the kingdom ... everything you have.
(changing ownership to stewardship)
Value of the kingdom.... everything you'd desire or need.

(Maybe there is something to the prosperity message after all)
:idea:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.