Maryland
Visit site
✟10,083.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
thanks for the link, which contains this statement
Hagin ...[The] believer is called Christ...That's who we are; we're Christ" (Zoe: The God-Kind of Life, 1989. pp. 35-36, 41)

Kenneth Hagin would never, and has never denied the Diety of Jesus Christ. I believe the author of your web site got that from cic.

here is cic

On page 110 of Christianity in crisis, Hank gives an explanation of what he considers not heretical, concerning the phrase “little gods” and I would like to point out, that what he considers not to be heretical, is the exact meaning that I understand from the word of faith movement, or at least what I have read of Rev. Kenneth Hagins writings.[ in red below is cic quote]
First, it should be pointed out that the phrase “little gods” may be unfortunate, but it is not heretical in and of itself, as long as it is not intended to convey that man is equal with, or a part of, God. The eastern orthodox church, for example, teaches that Christians are deified in the sense that they are adopted as the sons of God, indwelt by the Spirit of God which ultimately leads to glorification. They do not teach that mere humans are reproductions or exact duplicates of God. Thus their doctrine of deification is consistent with scripture and in keeping with a monotheistic worldview.

The title of the chapter this is taking out of context from is entitled "ruling and reigning in union with God" The scripture refrence is Romans 5:17

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

In the opening third paragraph, It states "He (man) was made to reign as a king under God.
The entire chapter deals with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, in reborn man.
1 Cor 3:16, 1 Cor 6:19-20, 2 Cor 6:16, I Jn 3:1-2, 1 Jn 5:1-2, 1 Jn 4:4

Kenneth Hagin is talking about being identified with Christ Jesus, we are the body and He is the head, in that chapter, He is also talking about our delagated authority.
He is talking about the fact that God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit dwells within us.

In conclusion I will state

My own understand of believe that I have constructed, from reading Rev. Kenneth Hagins writings is simply stated, We are sons of God, yes adopted, via of Christ Jesus, Indwelt by the Holy Spirit, which gives me authority and victory, over all the devices of the enemy, in the name of Jesus, when I exercise that authority, with faith and spoken word.
don't know why edit doesn't work, so I'll just add to the above

My own understand of believe that I have constructed, from reading Rev. Kenneth Hagins writings is simply stated, We are sons of God, yes adopted, via of Christ Jesus, Indwelt by the Holy Spirit, which gives me authority and victory, over all the devices of the enemy, in the name of Jesus, when I exercise that authority, with faith.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟732,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
WoF leaders seem fake to me and they seem to be teaching that you can buy God's love when it's not for sale. They are calling Jesus a liar when he says :
Matthew 19:24 (Matthew 19)

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

For the worshiper's, they don't know any better and I think they seek God with an open heart (most do).

Greedy greedy preachers and that plant a seed garbage is just almost criminal. I have heard one of them say, if you only got a little bit of grocery money left that you been saving, plant a seed with some of it and I promise you will get back more than you can give." Continuing to read over and over "And I will pour you out a blessing etc" whooping everybody up into a trance! He needed a left hook planted on his lips for that one. Plant that seed

Upvote 0

N. Lu

Sep 4, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What happens, is many who come to WOF personally interpret the message as a get rich quick scheme. They are only hearing the part they want to hear, and ignoring the rest. Then, when they don't get rich quck, or get healed quick, etc., the leave the movement in bitterness, and begin to criticize it. Get into groups of others that also misinterpreted the message and wanted to get rich quick or get healed quick or become a successful minister quick and failed, and form anti-WOF hate groups. Then they transfer their personal misunderstanding of the message into theological and philisophical sophistries that are nothing but collections of false witness (a sin in itself, that was punishable with the same consequence as that which was being falsely accused), that are not battling WOF or the so-called 'prosperity' movements, but rather are battling their own personal misinterpretation of a system that failed for them.
Is the meaning of the Christian life is to get rich quick?

Upvote 0

N. Lu

Sep 4, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry:

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
-Psalm 82:6

You might not like it, but it says it.

Peace...

Why are my posts not editing?

A person can do many things by means his spirit. But
{82:7} "Nevertheless ye shall die like men,
And fall like one of the princes."

Upvote 0

N. Lu

Sep 4, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you have the right of it Oscarr. So many people have a wrong notion of what prosperity really is, but it's so very simple when you think of it. in fact, God has already told us what prosperity is.

prosperity is just a full cup, pressed down and shaken togather, and running over.
so very simple, not complicated at all, and certainly not what the world views as prosperity.

maybe that's the whole problem in a nutshell. So many people these days are looking for the kind of prosperity that the world loves insted of the kind of prosperity that God loves to give us.

Prosperity is the name of the beast 666. euphoria - in Greek, prosperity - in English.
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. {2:16} For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the vain glory of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. {2:17}" 1John
The rebellion began with the fact that a maker of idols, images of the temple of Artemis at Ephesus, said to his companions: "... you know that from this craft is dependent your Prosperity". (Acts 19:25). «Prosperity»! This is the internal reasons for the people to become "beasts", lose control: the preaching of faith in the true God threaten their prosperity from doing idols!

In the Greek language «Prosperity» -
ευπορια [euporia].
Count the numerical value of the word
ε. ... .. 5
υ .. 400
π ... .80
ο ... .70
ρ .. 100
ι ... .10
α ... .. 1
____
Total 666

ευπορια
5 + 400 + 80 + 70 + 100 +10 + 1 = 666

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prosperity is the name of the beast 666.

Gotta love numerology combined with confirmation bias. ;)

Also, it's bad form to use someone else's work without crediting them;
Considering number of the beast! Open the name of the beast-666, "euporia" - prosperity.

More "findings" from the above link;
...This "beast-666" is the human desire for Prosperity, animal instinct, which is the embodiment of all modern civilization, headed by the empire of Assyria and ancient Egypt to the United States. This World Civilization "Beast-666" blasphemous from its beginning and is waging war on God.
The name of the beast -
ευπορια, Prosperity.
Number of the Beast - the essence of a passport, passport totalitarian system, the electronic concentration camp, created by people with great zeal, in the counsels of Satan.
A "mark of the beast" - is simply lying and stealing have become commonplace in this world. Steal (surplus value), the rich, lying (trying to live in prosperity) - the servants of the rich, all the rest. And all are in one hell of fire ...

:cool:

Upvote 0

Tallen

Aug 4, 2006
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟8,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Considering number of the beast! Open the name of the beast-666, "euporia" - prosperity.

I agree, Pete. We also have the word of the Apostle;

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six. (Revelation 13:18, KJV)

The teaching directly contradicts the Apostle's teach by making it a number of a teaching, the number of prosperity.

I'll stick with the Apostle's words, the beast is a man who has a specific number associated with him.

Upvote 0

N. Lu

Sep 4, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

More "findings" from the above link;
...This "beast-666" is the human desire for Prosperity, animal instinct, which is the embodiment of all modern civilization, headed by the empire of Assyria and ancient Egypt to the United States. This World Civilization "Beast-666" blasphemous from its beginning and is waging war on God.
The name of the beast -
ευπορια, Prosperity.
Number of the Beast - the essence of a passport, passport totalitarian system, the electronic concentration camp, created by people with great zeal, in the counsels of Satan.
A "mark of the beast" - is simply lying and stealing have become commonplace in this world. Steal (surplus value), the rich, lying (trying to live in prosperity) - the servants of the rich, all the rest. And all are in one hell of fire ...

:cool:

This is my work. And ours.

Upvote 0

N. Lu

Sep 4, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, Pete. We also have the word of the Apostle;

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six. (Revelation 13:18, KJV)

The teaching directly contradicts the Apostle's teach by making it a number of a teaching, the number of prosperity.

I'll stick with the Apostle's words, the beast is a man who has a specific number associated with him.

Beast -is not a man. A man (Antichrist) - is the image of the beast.

Christ - is "who is the image of the invisible God" (Col. 1:15)
Antichrist - he is the image of the Beast.

The number of men, not of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallen

Aug 4, 2006
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟8,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Beast -is not a man. A man (Antichrist) - is the image of the beast.

Christ - is "who is the image of the invisible God" (Col. 1:15)
Antichrist - he is the image of the Beast.

The number of men, not of God.

The number of the beast, is the number of a man. The article is in the Greek, and means a man. What you have proposed is that the number of the beast is a number of a teaching about mammon. It is simply anti-scriptural.

Secondly, context determines meaning. Can you point us to a verse that uses the word "Prosperity» - ευπορια [euporia]" in the manner you are implying, so we can look at context?

Upvote 0

N. Lu

Sep 4, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The number of the beast, is the number of a man. The article is in the Greek, and means a man. What you have proposed is that the number of the beast is a number of a teaching about mammon. It is simply anti-scriptural.

The Greek text allows for an understanding "human's", and since translated into Russian.

Secondly, context determines meaning. Can you point us to a verse that uses the word "Prosperity» - ευπορια [euporia]" in the manner you are implying, so we can look at context?

24 For a man named Demetrius, a
silversmith, who made silver shrines of
Artemis, was bringing no little business
to the craftsmen;
25 these he gathered together with the
workmen of similar trades, and said,
"Men, you know that our prosperity
depends upon this business".
(Acts 19:24,25 - NASB)

"34 But when they recognized that he was
a Jew, a single outcry arose from them
all as they shouted for about two hours,
"Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!"
(Acts 19:34)

"32 If from human motives I fought with
wild beasts at Ephesus, what does it
profit me?"
(1 Cor 15:32)NASB
In the 15 chapters of the First Epistle to the Corinthians the Apostle Paul mentioned that he "fought with beasts at Ephesus. We do not know about any struggle of the apostle with natural lions or bears.
But of the 19 chapters of the book of Acts we are aware of the case against Paul to the brutal crowd, two hours shouting in unison: "Great is Diana of the Ephesians!" It appears that the "beasts" - are the people, united in a spirit and obsessed with animal feelings. The crowd - is a "beast".

Let we consider this 19 chapters of the Acts of the Apostles. How it all began?

The rebellion began with the fact that a maker of idols, images of the temple of Artemis at Ephesus, said to his companions: "... you know that from this craft is dependent your Prosperity". (Acts 19:25). «Prosperity»! This is the internal reasons for the people to become "beasts", lose control: the preaching of faith in the true God threaten their prosperity from doing idols!

Upvote 0

Tallen

Aug 4, 2006
Jackson, MI
Visit site
✟8,152.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The Greek text allows for an understanding "human's", and since translated into Russian.

HUH!?!

Looks like you are just importing any idea that will fit your presupposition.

The translation is correct as this, "a man". The Greek text does not allow for another translation. Literally translated it says, "for the number of a man it is". Note the article, which is correct.

Upvote 0

N. Lu

Sep 4, 2011
✟7,660.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HUH!?!

Looks like you are just importing any idea that will fit your presupposition.

The translation is correct as this, "a man". The Greek text does not allow for another translation. Literally translated it says, "for the number of a man it is". Note the article, which is correct.

The man - in the sense of Adam. The number of Adam, not God.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I'm pretty shocked at what the enemy got away with on this thread.

People agreed with some shameful assessments of ministers of the gospel. The Word says "Who are you to judge another man's servant"? Whether or not you agree with the precepts is another thing. Keep it to the precepts.

Isn't it time to do a checkup to see if you rendered a judgment on a person or agreed to/consented with such a judgment? That will be the judgment you're guilty of and that will be the one you're judged by in the end (unless you repent).

A look at a doctrine should never include a judgment on an individual. It is VERY unwise do the brute thing and the warnings are there for a reason.

Someone's behavior might be suspect but to slap a condemning/slanderous label crosses over into judgment. You'll be the recipient of a critical, judgmental spirit (devil) and you'll own it until you repent and get rid of it.

We'd all do each other a big favor by reminding one other when this starts that judgment begins at the house of God. Let the chips fall where they may. I hate to appear self righteous but if you love the Lord and His Word, you'll repent (if applicable) without a parting shot to confirm your own darkness.

Reactions: dkbwarrior
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟732,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
"Have a need? Plant a seed" garbage. Have a need? ask and you will receive. Bible 101. All that buy yourself a blessing I hear them preach is an insult to everything Jesus preached and was crucified for. So the preacher man can get a new car? By their fruits, you will know them. They love money, they get money. Pass the collection plate around again. You know they can tell how good a church is doing by ow good the Pastor is doing. God wants you to be rich. I never heard so much rubbish in all my life. The good thing about this movement is that they reach people on the couch who would never get up and go to church. they need God too. Like at home delivery. Just turn it on and pray with the TV. No buy the CD the DVD or the MP3. Plant your seed today! Like my suit? God provides. You still in the poor house? You not giving enough at church. If you give more you will get more. Speak right to peoples greed and you don't even need to reach the heart. Ah hahahahaha, whew, I just had to get that off my chest. God bless y'all every single one of ya. Most people are not to blame for getting duped by a slick preacher. we just looking for a connection to God and somebody looking slick and successful says they got it. We want it too. Remember Man makes the money, money don't make the man. It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to see paradise. remember that on the paper chase, hallelujah!!

Upvote 0

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have not read all the post in this thread, But I have my two cents that I would like to share. there is nothing wrong with having money or being rich. it is the love of money that is wrong. but to give money to a ministry to only look for 20 fold 30 fold or even 100 fold back in return is wrong also. we lay our treasure in heaven where moth, cankard or rust can not corrupt. if we receive our reward down here then we have our reward. David ask God to bless his house, Job was a very rich man, as well Solomon, Abraham and so on and so on. It takes alot of money to run a small Church. I couldn't imagine what a big time ministry would need just for a week's Revival. but motives on why we do things have a greater impact on the things we do, than the action itself. so would it be a greater impact on our giving if we gave with a cheerful heart, expecting nothing in return except treasures when we get to heaven, than to give with expectations of receiving our reward here on earth. also there is the verse that says when we give alms to not even let the left hand know what the right hand is doing, writing a check to a ministry is letting someone else know what you are doing, keeping a record of your giving is letting someone else know what you are doing !

Reactions: gennaoanothen
Upvote 0

AdamKane

Aug 27, 2008
✟1,316.00
Marital Status
Private
Feeling like you need to pray for money to become rich is nonsence. Case in point:

Repost from One Atheist making a difference - Bill Gates' World of Possibility

Bill Gates, the mega-wealthy atheist volunteer | Atheist Volunteers

Money comes to those who work for it. Now I will say that leading a moral Christian life will put in position to be a trustworthy, punctual, hard working employee and/or moral business owner who runs their business with integrity, self discipline, and high moral character. This will lead you to financial prosperity no doubt about it. it's not because you asked for wealth and it dropped in your lap.

So there is truth to the cause and effect of how you live your life producing a positive outcome.

What really burns me up is when these people (I'll refrain from naming names for now) convince gramma to send in her grocery money because she will plant a seed that will come back and buy her ten fold groceries. Like God is selling blessings at wholesale prices. I have seen them actually say don't expect your prayers to be answered until you "activate" your blessing by sewing a seed of faith. That is wrong. People need to pray because God came to Earth as Jesus Christ and saved your soul. Not so your Pastor can get a Bentley folks.

Amen. I agree.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.