America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you read the last chapter of the Bible?

What happens after all the suffering, poverty, sickness, persecution and pain?

We will be prosperous in Heaven in every way.

What did Jesus pray?? Father, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Hmmm........

Why would you assume that God's will for people on earth, is the same as His will for people in Heaven?

Hmmm...so you're telling me it's not God's will for anyone to be married on earth?

But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage,
Luke 20:35 NIV

I believe it's God's will for some people to be financially prosperous on earth, and some not. Just as I believe it's God's will for some to be married on earth and some not.

So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does even better.
1 Corinthians 7:38 NIV

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Why would you assume that God's will for people on earth, is the same as His will for people in Heaven?

I believe it's God's will for some people to be financially prosperous on earth, and some not. Just as I believe it's God's will for some to be married on earth and some not.

So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does even better.

peace,
Simon
Do you have scripture for this?

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have scripture for this?

Here's a just a few NT scriptures, but there's plenty more where this came from:

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said: "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.
Luke 6:20 ESV

Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?
James 2:5 ESV

21 Jesus said to him, "If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me."
22 When the young man heard this he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
23 And Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 19:21-23 ESV

1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you.
2 Your riches have rotted and your garments are moth-eaten.
3 Your gold and silver have corroded, and their corrosion will be evidence against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have laid up treasure in the last days.
4 Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts.
5 You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter.
James 5:1-5 ESV

9 Acquire no gold nor silver nor copper for your belts,
10 no bag for your journey, nor two tunics nor sandals nor a staff, for the laborer deserves his food.
Matthew 10:9-10 ESV

6 Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment,
7 for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.
8 But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
1 Timothy 6:6-8 ESV

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟698,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Simon. Brother. YOU are the one who said everyone will be prosperous in heaven.

JESUS prayed that God's will would be done on the earth as it is in heaven.

So, will or will not everyone be prosperous in heaven?

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,062,417.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
As far as I am concerned....

If you don't believe in prosperity... Stay poor!
If you don't believe in healing... Stay sick!
If you don't believe in speaking in tongues... Find a church that doesn't!

How hard is that? I mean if your content in your present state... Give glory to God!

As far as prosperity the Book of first Timothy declares...

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; - 1 Timothy 6:17

Reactions: an oddity
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Hmmm...so you're telling me it's not God's will for anyone to be married on earth?

But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage,
Luke 20:35 NIV

peace,
Simon
Our Father who art in Heaven hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come ,thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. That's why.

Upvote 0

an oddity

Mar 28, 2012
USA
✟15,613.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God promised prosperity to Joshua, but there were conditions attaached to the promise:

1. Joshua 1:7
    Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.
  2. Joshua 1:8
    This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
BibleGateway.com - Keyword Search: prosper

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that biblical doctrine was based on Baalim worship. I said that Baalim worship is a twisting of biblical doctrines into something evil.

In the parable of the sower, we don't sow money, we sow 'WORD of the kingdom'. The seed is the WORD not a tithe or gift. We are to plant the seed of the word in other people and reap a harvest. It is NOT about giving money to get back more money. It is about winning souls to the kingdom.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

If you hear the word but are concerned about the 'deceitfulness of riches' you bring forth no fruit.

The parable of the sower is so misunderstood. For example, the 'fowl of the air' are spirits under the anti-christ spirit. It is his job to twist or steal the doctrines of Yah. The stoney ground that brings tribulation is a reference to Ashtoreth (the Great harlot), ie the principality behind all Jezebels. She is referenced many places in scripture as the pagan rock or smooth stone. She is a bringer of tribulation and terrors (ruach ra'ah, fem evil spirits). The thorns of the curse of the earth is a reference to Satan and his minions. Each member of the unholy trinity has their own tactics to destroy the WORD.

The church is full of demonic doctrines of each of those principalities. Baal-gad is not 'Baal' but one of the Baalim. Baal-gad is one of the titles of HaSatan, ie as Mammon whereas Baal without an attribute is a reference to the anti-christ spirit.

What is your focus on? Is it to sow money to reap money or to sow the Word to reap eternal souls? What is more valuable to Yah, one soul brought to salvation or all the wealth of the earth? Is your focus on things of the earth or things above?

IMO WoF uses prosperity as a lure to draw people in but the focus is WRONG. It is like the JWs lure on the doctrine that hell is just the grave and no one is tormented in hell. It is a gateway doctrine to draw people in but it is error. It is a misrepresentation of Yah which is a form of idolatry by following a false god.

There is nothing wrong with prosperity but it is wrong to have your focus on prosperity and not on Yah. Yah doesn't measure prosperity in dollars but in souls won. Is Yah just a means to bring you prosperity? Are many WoFers just gold-diggers looking to marry a wealthy husband to make their life easy? What is the husband's opinion of a wife like that?

Another form of prosperity is how many trials and tribulations you have overcome. Having conflict and problems IS A BLESSING. By overcoming those trials we grow spiritually and gain in eternal rewards. That IS eternal prosperity. You don't build the kingdom with dollars, but with TRUTH.

Why is it harder for a rich man to get to heaven? His focus is on worldly things, not on things above.
. Have you studied the parable of the talons, what happened to the servant that did not sow his masters money, WOF people could care less about money. It the self righteous folks that concern themselves with what others have its a self righteous look at how humble I am, they worrie about money more than Donald Trump. WOF accepts blessings from the Word without twisting it money is neutral, it is simply a provision to bless and be blessed. If you do not believe in sowing money try eating it. For me I sow it and it produces food and shelter , I sow it into Gods kingdom it reaps blessing. You can be a Atheist and understand you reap what you sow , be it seeds for crops or spiritual seeds or criticism ,you will harvest what you sow. So keep labeling WOF with a few bad apples and wait for your harvest.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith

It's God's will for all of His children to prosper. Jesus became poor so that we could become rich. Rich = a full supply.

Some cannot handle riches because they are covetous. God's dealing with us all so we can actually handle it. We don't have to trust in it. That's the whole point of His dealings with us. So we do not become covetous and be judged, or possibly go to Hell.

God knows that everyone will not reach that place, but it is His will that we ALL do, because He is not partial. A full supply of what? Whatever God's called you to. Does that mean cadillacs for everyone? I seriously doubt it.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Actually we are NOT to judge the world. We are to judge other believers and our self but the manner in which we judge is the manner by which we will be judged in return. We even reap the judgement we sow. If we sow grace we reap grace.

The Word says that we judge those that are within, it typically refers to those in authority in the church. When I say judge, I mean weigh and then render a verdict. All judgment in the church (rendering the verdict) should be received and delivered, and not just delivered by the arm of the flesh. when "we" judge, we take on the judgment we render. That is why in this context, we are told NOT to judge.

When Jesus told me not to judge His church, He meant that my flesh man didn't complain about its faults and weaknesses. I found them unworthy (on the issue I had judged them).
They had good company since I was unworthy to judge His church.

We are not to pass judgment on the church for giving to receive. That is how they are taught. They do so in faith. God seems to indicate that it's valid, just not perfect New Testament Christianity. I saw that humbly because my own WOF people take issue of me being high minded to say that they (whoever buys into this) are ignorant, and their are some pretty strong men and women of God who fall into that category. We don't compare sowing financially to receive as anything relative to Baalism. We're not manipulating God by giving. People want to honor God and they move in the understanding that they have. God blesses them too, and He does not violate His Word.

Now of course individuals or even some congregations can escape the errors inherent in WoF like the sowing of money to reap it in return. There will be overcomers of the error in any movement.

We all take on error sometimes and it's not inherent to WOF. In fact, if we're not supposed to judge His people, then there's enough error going around right here.

if they overcome misuses of spiritual authority. ...and use their spiritual authority as directed by the Holy Spirit, not for personal desires.

Who's to say they're doing it for personal desires (no doubt lusts is what you mean)? If you own the field you're working in and your heart is right, you can ask for what you will? All things are yours. You have authority to ask God for even things, and ask Him to send angels on your behalf, or to intervene in your trials. WOF often preaches that we're living beneath our privilege. If the Lord would do more for us, then step out in faith and receive.

If someone (not a movement) is going in the wrong direction, the Lord can deal with that person. It doesn't bring condemnation into a church or a person, and if their heart is in the right place, God can correct as He sees fit. Don't you agree?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our Father who art in Heaven hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come ,thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. That's why.

By your simplistic logic, if God's will is done in Heaven, and no one is married in heaven, then it must be God's will for no one to to be married on earth!

:doh:

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.