Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Read these verses

Romans 2:25,28-29 10:12
Galatians 3:2,7 5:2-6
Phillipians 3:3

If you actually imagine that any of these scriptures prove your point, quote them instead of just lazily typing their references, and then explain what part of their wording proves what you are trying to prove.

The truth is that not even one of the scriptures you cited says what you are claiming they mean.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If you actually imagine that any of these scriptures prove your point, quote them instead of just lazily typing their references, and then explain what part of their wording proves what you are trying to prove.

The truth is that not even one of the scriptures you cited says what you are claiming they mean.

If circumcision does not profit Jews anything and EVERY MALE JEW should be circumcised (READ GENESIS 17) then how are uncircumcised Gentiles called the children of Abraham?

Figure that riddle out and you will understand why I cited these verses.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

There's NOTHING to imagine Biblewriter...watch the wording of Romans 2:28, 29:
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

This is very clear the circumcision God looks to is that of the heart...and it makes on a "Spiritual Jew" which is being BORN AGAIN.

Only one with a "literal block" can miss this.

We know Paul continues this argument through Romans 4, where Abraham is the example of F*A*I*T*H.

The apostles makes his point very clear at Romans 4:13:
13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Once again, only if one is holding to a erroneous theology do you miss what the apostle is asserting here.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If circumcision does not profit Jews anything and EVERY MALE JEW should be circumcised (READ GENESIS 17) then how are uncircumcised Gentiles called the children of Abraham?

Figure that riddle out and you will understand why I cited these verses.

The old covenant of circumcision was a true sacramental seal of justification by faith - the anticipation of water baptism connected with justifcation by faith in the new. :idea: The ol' milah routine - owe!

Old Jack not refuting :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There's NOTHING to imagine Biblewriter...watch the wording of Romans 2:28, 29:
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

This is very clear the circumcision God looks to is that of the heart...and it makes on a "Spiritual Jew" which is being BORN AGAIN.

Only one with a "literal block" can miss this.

We know Paul continues this argument through Romans 4, where Abraham is the example of F*A*I*T*H.

The apostles makes his point very clear at Romans 4:13:
13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Once again, only if one is holding to a erroneous theology do you miss what the apostle is asserting here.

Either your last statement is true or its converse is true, that is, that you can only imagine that this is what the Apostle is asserting if you have an erroneous theology.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The old covenant of circumcision was a true sacramental seal of justification by faith - the anticipation of water baptism connected with justifcation by faith in the new. :idea: The ol' milah routine - owe!

Old Jack not refuting :thumbsup:

Circumcision in the Flesh -- Law

Circumcision in the Spirit -- Faith

Circumcision in the Flesh -- natural Jerusalem (which promise Abraham never received)

Circumcision in the Spirit -- New Jerusalem (which promise Abraham will receive)

Under the Old Covenant -- only the circumcised had any claim to Palestine (a mere obsolete type under an obsolete Law)

Under the New Covenant -- only circumcised in the Spirit have any claim to the Kingdom of God (that those of Abraham's faith under the Old Covenant might not be made perfect without us)

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Either your last statement is true or its converse is true, that is, that you can only imagine that this is what the Apostle is asserting if you have an erroneous theology.
This is what I mean about a "literal block" Biblewriter!

The apostle clearly says HE IS A JEW who's circumcision is of the HEART...BY THE SPIRIT.

This isn't "rocket science" Paul said it's a "SPIRITUAL circumcision" and he further emphasizes that by saying the PRAISE is FROM GOD!

How hard is that to understand? Pure and simple this is SALVATION...and this is NOT something new God is saying. He said it to Israel in Deuteronomy 10:16:
16 So circumcise your heart, and stiffen your neck no longer.

also in Deuteronomy 30:6:
6 “Moreover the Lord your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

Let's go a step further as Paul wraps up Romans 3...Romans 3:27-31:
27 Where then is boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? Of works? No, but by a law of faith.
28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also,
30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one.
31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Work with that! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Circumcision in the Flesh -- natural Jerusalem (which promise Abraham never received)

Circumcision in the Spirit -- New Jerusalem (which promise Abraham will receive)

Under the Old Covenant -- only the circumcised had any claim to Palestine (a mere obsolete type under an obsolete Law)

Under the New Covenant -- only circumcised in the Spirit have any claim to the Kingdom of God (that those of Abraham's faith under the Old Covenant might not be made perfect without us)
You do not use Scripture aright, laying it side by side for comparison, and so you are filled with error.

The old Covenant is the same, for it signed the being born in faith into the Living Spirit and promised the future adoption into His Living Flesh by regeneration/adoption, in the appointed season of its total and complete fulfillment; but the desired circumcision of the heart is offered to Gentiles also, in addition to the sign nation, since the Atonement.

Gentiles, who by faith are adopted into the Living Spirit/Christt do not have to keep the sign of circumcision of the flesh, which signs the 8th millennial Day, but all Jews in Christ =circumcised in heart- must keep the sign of the flesh circumcision for it is a sign to be kept by all in Christ who are born in Israel, as Jacob's seed, for they are the sign nation.

Jer 9:26 Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart.

Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, H6189 and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

Eze 44:7In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.

In the millennial reign, only the circumcised in flesh and circumcised in heart shall enter the Sanctuary of God.

Eze 44:9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

Upvote 0

shturt678s

Dec 11, 2013
✟10,797.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

Making head way, ie, "circumcision-sign" and not "circumcision in the Spirit," however the Spirit is the seal with which we are sealed. :idea:

Old Jack

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do not use Scripture aright, laying it side by side for comparison, and so you are filled with error.

The old Covenant is the same, for it signed the being born in faith into the Living Spirit and promised the future adoption into His Living Flesh by regeneration/adoption, in the appointed season of its total and complete fulfillment; but the desired circumcision of the heart is offered to Gentiles also, in addition to the sign nation, since the Atonement.

Gentiles, who by faith are adopted into the Living Spirit/Christ do not have to keep the sign of circumcision of the flesh, which signs the 8th millennial Day, but all Jews in Christ =circumcised in heart- must keep the sign of the flesh circumcision for it is a sign to be kept by all in Christ who are born in Israel, as Jacob's seed, for they are the sign nation.

Jer 9:26 Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart.

Jer 6:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, H6189 and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

Eze 44:7In that ye have brought into my sanctuary strangers, uncircumcised in heart, and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in my sanctuary, to pollute it, even my house, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they have broken my covenant because of all your abominations.

In the millennial reign, only the circumcised in flesh and circumcised in heart shall enter the Sanctuary of God.

Eze 44:9 Thus saith the Lord GOD; No stranger, uncircumcised in heart, nor uncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my sanctuary, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.
The glaring error of Random person is that he does not understand the doctrine of the sign nation, Israel, and God's promises to them, first, and forever, that the Gentiles get grafted into by the same faith the namesake nation and people received the promise of, first.

Paul understood it perfectly, and circumcised Timothy, a believer in Christ, who had a Jewish mother and had never been circumcised according to the Law Timothy was born into, as a Jew. Paul circumcised Timothy with his own hands before taking him in a missionary trip to the Gentile Churches with the letter to deliver to them from the Apostles in Jerusalem absolutely freeing the Gentiles who come into Christ from coming into Moses, and the circumcision.

Consider the truth of that. Timothy, a Jew, circumcised by Paul, the Jew, of the Tribe of Benjamin, circumcised on the 8th day, and who never forsook Moses. Both Paul and Timothy were in Christ, but Timothy, a born Jew, must needs be circumcised in the flesh even though he was already circumcised in the heart by the Spirit.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The glaring error of Random person is that he does not understand the doctrine of the sign nation, Israel, and God's promises to them, first, and forever, that the Gentiles get grafted into by the same faith the namesake nation and people received the promise of, first.

Paul understood it perfectly, and circumcised Timothy, a believer in Christ, who had a Jewish mother and had never been circumcised according to the Law Timothy was born into, as a Jew. Paul circumcised Timothy with his own hands before taking him in a missionary trip to the Gentile Churches with the letter to deliver to them from the Apostles in Jerusalem absolutely freeing the Gentiles who come into Christ from coming into Moses, and the circumcision.

Consider the truth of that. Timothy, a Jew, circumcised by Paul, the Jew, of the Tribe of Benjamin, circumcised on the 8th day, and who never forsook Moses. Both Paul and Timothy were in Christ, but Timothy, a born Jew, must needs be circumcised in the flesh even though he was already circumcised in the heart by the Spirit.
A very poor response...because you miss the whole point of WHY Paul circumcised Timothy.

It was not to adhere to the law of circumcison...it was to have the opportunity to preach the gospel.

This is what Paul is saying when he made this statement in 1 Corinthians 9:20-23;
20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;
21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.
22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.
23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

You really missed the whole point of why Paul circumcised Timothy! If he thought for ONE MINUTE it would be thought that one had to be circumcised to be saved, he would have NEVER did it. That is pretty clear in Galatians 2:3- 5, where Paul REFUSED to circumcise Titus:
3 But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.
4 But it was because of the false brethren secretly brought in, who had sneaked in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, in order to bring us into bondage.
5 But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you.

Think about the corntrast.

The event you refer to is in Acts 16:1-5 and it's clear Paul did this for an opportunity to preach the gospel.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It was not to adhere to the law of circumcison...it was to have the opportunity to preach the gospel.

This is what Paul is saying when he made this statement in 1 Corinthians 9:20-23;
20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, so that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law though not being myself under the Law, so that I might win those who are under the Law;
21 to those who are without law, as without law, though not being without the law of God but under the law of Christ, so that I might win those who are without law.
22 To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak; I have become all things to all men, so that I may by all means save some.
23 I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it.

You really missed the whole point of why Paul circumcised Timothy! If he thought for ONE MINUTE it would be thought that one had to be circumcised to be saved, he would have NEVER did it. That is pretty clear in Galatians 2:3- 5, where Paul REFUSED to circumcise Titus:
3 But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised.
4 But it was because of the false brethren secretly brought in, who had sneaked in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, in order to bring us into bondage.
5 But we did not yield in subjection to them for even an hour, so that the truth of the gospel would remain with you.

Think about the corntrast.

The event you refer to is in Acts 16:1-5 and it's clear Paul did this for an opportunity to preach the gospel.

Actually, I agree with you on this, eb. Now if you could only get your end times eschatology straight.:prayer:

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Actually, I agree with you on this, eb. Now if you could only get your end times eschatology straight.:prayer:
Or vice versa Doug. Until you get the understanding of the symbolism of Revelation, and acknowledge prophectically fulfilled history, you're never going to get it straight...except that the Lord will return.

Come on Doug...you actually think Jesus is going to come down and sit on a throne and run the world from Jerusalem...wow!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very poor response...because you miss the whole point of WHY Paul circumcised Timothy...
You missed the message from the Apostles in Jerusalem by the Holy Spirit's instruction in Acts 15. Paul did not miss that message!

Paul carried in his pocket the letter to the Gentiles who were come into Christ that they were not to come under Moses, but the Jews had Moses, who were in Christ, said the council in Jerusalem.

The believing Jews were not set free from Moses, said the council in Jerusalem, and Paul circumcised Timothy, who was an uncircumcised Jew who had come into Christ, before Paul would take that one with him on the mission trip to deliver the letter from the council in Jerusalem to the Gentile Churches.
Paul got the message very well, and he passed it on like this, concerning the circumcision as delivered by the Holy Spirit in the Council in Jerusalem, Acts 15:

1 Cor 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.
20 Let every man abide in the same calling wherein he was called.

Circumcision does not save, but to depart the circumcision when called into Christ is forbidden for the Jew, according to the council in Jerusalem and as repeated and taught in the Churches by Paul.

You have turned the Gospel into twisted nonsense by departing from Truth as taught by the Holy Spirit in the Church, from the beginning.

Paul circumcised Timothy because he was a Jew, and the Apostles said not to depart Moses if one was called into Christ as a Jew.
Paul circumcised a believing in Christ Jew with his own hands, and shame on anyone who tries to wordcraft that away from the teaching of the Council in Jerusalem, by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You missed the message from the Apostles in Jerusalem by the Holy Spirit's instruction in Acts 15. Paul did not miss that message!

Paul carried in his pocket the letter to the Gentiles who were come into Christ that they were not to come under Moses, but the Jews had Moses, who were in Christ, said the council in Jerusalem.
No Paul didn't miss the message. You're not taking into account everything the Jerusalem council was about. That referred to Gentiles because Jews were insisting Gentiles had to be circumcised TO BE SAVED. It was not about whether Jews had to be circumcised. That's the first mistake.

Furthermore Paul makes a clear and concise statement on circumcision in Galatian 6:14-16:
14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

The believing Jews were not set free from Moses, said the council in Jerusalem, and Paul circumcised Timothy, who was an uncircumcised Jew who had come into Christ, before Paul would take that one with him on the mission trip to deliver the letter from the council in Jerusalem to the Gentile Churches.
Paul got the message very well, and he passed it on like this, concerning the circumcision as delivered by the Holy Spirit in the Council in Jerusalem, Acts 15:

1 Cor 7:17 But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
18 Is any man called being circumcised? let him not become uncircumcised. Is any called in uncircumcision? let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Circumcision does not save, but to depart the circumcision when called into Christ is forbidden for the Jew, according to the council in Jerusalem and as repeated and taught in the Churches by Paul.
Your reading of scripture is so terrible...and this is because you do not look at EVERYTHING on circumcision before coming to a conclusion. Once again Galatians 6:14-16.

You have turned the Gospel into twisted nonsense by departing from Truth as taught by the Holy Spirit in the Church, from the beginning.
Look in the mirror. The gospel never addresses circumcision. Once again you're reading INTO scripture.

The passage above is making the point that when you COME TO CHRIST, whether circumcised or not, IT DOESN'T matter. Why do you think Paul says "are you called"? It means "called to Christ".

Paul circumcised Timothy because he was a Jew, and the Apostles said not to depart Moses if one was called into Christ as a Jew.
Paul circumcised a believing in Christ Jew with his own hands, and shame on anyone who tries to wordcraft that away from the teaching of the Council in Jerusalem, by the Holy Spirit.
It's very clear why Paul circumcised Timothy...but as usual, you prefer to read what you want into it...verse 13 says why Paul circumcised Timothy...read it:
3 Paul wanted this man to go with him; and he took him and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in those parts, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

*Notice it doesn't say anything about the Mosaic Law*. Now...if circumcision was necessary Paul would have done it long before that. Paul was a Pharisee before he met Jesus.

These are ideas you create with no foundation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said Paul did not miss the message of the Jerusalem Council.

Gentiles do not have to come into the circumcision/keep Moses to be saved, nor shall the Jews who come into Christ depart Moses!
That is why Paul circumcised Timothy immediately after, so as to take him with him on the mission trip to deliver the message to the Gentile Churches from the Jerusalem Council, that they do not have to keep Moses/be circumcised.

Paul circumcised Timothy, a saved but "Jewish" believer, after the Jerusalem Council, and Salvation is not nor ever was by circumcision, as the Law declares, but the signs delivered to the namesake people shall be kept until every jot and tittle of them is fulfilled.
So circumcision of the flesh is not fulfilled and will not even be fulfilled unto after the Millennial Sabbath, for no uncircumcised in heart or flesh Jew will ever enter the Sanctuary of YHWH in the Millennial reign of His Peace on earth!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I said Paul did not miss the message of the Jerusalem Council.

Gentiles do not have to come into the circumcision/keep Moses to be saved, nor shall the Jews who come into Christ depart Moses!
That is why Paul circumcised Timothy immediately after, so as to take him with him on the mission trip to deliver the message to the Gentile Churches from the Jerusalem Council, that they do not have to keep Moses/be circumcised.

Paul circumcised Timothy, a saved but "Jewish" believer, after the Jerusalem Council, and Salvation is not nor ever was by circumcision, as the Law declares, but the signs delivered to the namesake people shall be kept until every jot and tittle of them is fulfilled.
So circumcision of the flesh is not fulfilled and will not even be fulfilled unto after the Millennial Sabbath, for no uncircumcised in heart or flesh Jew will ever enter the Sanctuary of YHWH in the Millennial reign of His Peace on earth!
Pretty much chronically wrong. You have all kinds of problems when you even miss what fleshly circumcision represents God speaks of it in two respects.

*He gave Abraham the outward act of circumcision.

*He tells Israel what it represents in Deuteronomy 10:14-16:
14 Behold, to the Lord your God belong heaven and the highest heavens, the earth and all that is in it.
15 Yet on your fathers did the Lord set His affection to love them, and He chose their descendants after them, even you above all peoples, as it is this day.
16 So circumcise your heart, and stiffen your neck no longer.

This is how you miss God's consistency...an outward sign that represented what *should* have been a Spiritual reality for Israel, but as Paul tells us, they didn't obtain it, because they sought it not by faith!

Even further...Paul tells Christians in Pihilippians 3:3:
3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

Now...go ahead, keep digging a hole...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ebed, God gave Abraham the sign of the circumcision of the flesh for his seed to wear in the flesh until it is fulfilled. That came before the Law, and is in effect until it is completely fulfilled in the 8th millennial Day.

For that reason, Moses came to be called "in the circumcision", identifying Jews from Gentiles, and Paul circumcised a male Jew who had never been circumcised even though he had come into Christ by being born anew, from above.

Paul also directed believers who were called into Christ who were in the circumcision [under Moses, as Jews] to remain in the circumcision, and Gentiles to not come into the circumcision, because that is what the Jerusalem Council of the Apostles and early Church authorities decided, by the Holy Spirit.

Originally Posted by ebedmelech
A very poor response...because you miss the whole point of WHY Paul circumcised Timothy...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ebed, God gave Abraham the sign of the circumcision of the flesh for his seed to wear in the flesh until it is fulfilled. That came before the Law, and is in effect until it is completely fulfilled in the 8th millennial Day.

For that reason, Moses came to be called "in the circumcision", identifying Jews from Gentiles, and Paul circumcised a male Jew who had never been circumcised even though he had come into Christ by being born anew, from above.
This is a colossal failure of reading scripture in "bits and pieces". Paul makes it very clear of what circumcision is in Romans 4. Please read the entire chapter and stop with your reading into scripture. Romans 4:9-12, simply destroys what you've said:
9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, “Faith was credited to Abraham as righteousness.”
10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised;
11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,
12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.

Do you see anything about "8th day" in there? NO! What you see is what I have been telling you...THAT ABRAHAM WAS GIVEN CIRCUMCISION AS AN OUTWARD SIGN OF WHAT WAS IN HIS HEART.

That's what Paul is telling you! That circumcision was given Abraham because his faith in God showed HIS HEART WAS RIGHT!!!
Paul also directed believers who were called into Christ who were in the circumcision [under Moses, as Jews] to remain in the circumcision, and Gentiles to not come into the circumcision, because that is what the Jerusalem Council of the Apostles and early Church authorities decided, by the Holy Spirit.
You're reading into the passage again. Let's simply include the context...1 Corinthians 7:17-18:
17 Only, as the Lord has assigned to each one, as God has called each, in this manner let him walk. And so I direct in all the churches.
18 Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? He is not to be circumcised.

Now...let's include what you didn't include:
19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.
20 Each man must remain in that condition in which he was called.

The *condition in which he is called*...is either "circumcised" or "uncircumcised" ...which is what Paul is speaking of. The TRUE POINT OF THE PASSAGE is this:

1. If you came to Christ circumcised...it means nothing.

2. If you came to Christ uncircumcised...it means nothing.

Now...watch how consistent Paul is as He repeats this in Galatians 6:12-16:
12 Those who desire to make a good showing in the flesh try to compel you to be circumcised, simply so that they will not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.
13 For those who are circumcised do not even keep the Law themselves, but they desire to have you circumcised so that they may boast in your flesh.
14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

Keep digging your hole...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0