Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Gosh, no. You would have to be nuts to think that the Pope will actually be posting his own Tweets.

Perhaps a silly question, but, what's the point then?
Why not just have(Or should I say just call it) an official Vatican twitter account or something?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟390,053.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not just have(Or should I say just call it) an official Vatican twitter account or something?

Because the media handlers think it will sounds cooler to say you're following the Pope then you're following the Official Vatican Twitter Account

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Because the media handlers think it will sounds cooler to say you're following the Pope then you're following the Official Vatican Twitter Account
^^^ This, and also to make the Papacy look cool, relevant, hip and "with it" in the 21st century.

Upvote 0

GNJ

Picker 'n' Chooser
Aug 1, 2012
New Jersey, USA.
✟8,112.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Now...does anyone believe it will be him typing the Tweets the majority of the time?

No way. I mean, I don't know how technologically savvy he is, but I can't help but think that using twitter and limiting whatever important thing he has to say to 140 characters might be a bit out of his depth.

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟928,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think ANY celebrity or public figure types their own stuff?

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Do you think ANY celebrity or public figure types their own stuff?

I really don't know.
I doubt it most of the time.
Alas, I don't actually use Twitter, nor have I even looked around it; so I have no experience to go by.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I really don't know.
I doubt it most of the time.
Alas, I don't actually use Twitter, nor have I even looked around it; so I have no experience to go by.

Politicians don't, but plenty of celebs do. The way you can tell is that some of the stuff they tweet is so stupid, the average handler would never post it.

My favourite celebrity on twitter is Josh Groban, because he cracks me up. Tom Hanks is funny too. The most annoying one is John Cusack. HE IS REALLY ANGRY. He's like the left's Donald Trump, but less entertaining.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Obama actually would type some of his own tweets, or at least dictate them. On his official twitter feed, tweets from him personally are signed with his initials to indicate the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
it might be the same with the Pope, dictating a few and the rest just done by a secretary that he gives the ok to

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just in time for his first tweet, @Pontifex reaches 1,000,000 followers...

In the minutes surrounding the launch, the eight language feeds for the PopeTweets surpassed a combined million followers, two-thirds of whom have signed onto the English-speaking account. Three questions submitted to Benedict using the tag #AskPontifex were to be released and answered this afternoon. Notably...

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A snapshot of Pope Benedict's first three tweets...
The Holy Father sent out a series of three tweets this morning (around Noon in Rome) using his new Twitter handle @Pontifex (https://twitter.com/Pontifex). I will note that about 15 minutes before did that there were just over 675,000 followers and, as you can see in my snapshot, he added some 15,000 when I began that post a few minutes ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pope Benedict's arrival on Twitter is fascinating and heartening...

This is fascinating. The Holy Spirit uses the most confounding of tools and people to work the will of God — always, always. So much talk today about 12/12/12 and the silly Mayan “end of the world” fixation, but this is no end. Today is a tremendous beginning. Bravo to Benedict, who is one a most attentive shepherd and obedient servant.

Upvote 0